Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coronavirus

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    I would assume that pertains to commercial travel. Women's hockey and men's basketball, I am sure, travel on charter flights, such that this will likely not apply. But we should know soon; at least by the end of the day.
    Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
    Again, I predict the NCAA will not fund private charter flights.
    Fairly sure UW wouldn't care. (And it is quite possible that NCAA says to a school "here's your flight money, spend it how you want." Cannot imagine them saying "no, we require you to fly commercial.")

I'll see if I can find any photos etc, on the UW Women's team twitter account of their travel last year etc. They love posting photos and videos of the team travelling.

Adding: a video on their instagram of them getting on the plane headed for 2019 Frozen Four. Quite obviously a private, chartered plane; quite obviously not a commercial flight.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvP_YVEFPY-/
    When it gets to NCAA Championship events the NCAA has chartered jets to move all the Basketball teams around the country. Hockey teams (Both Men and Women) I know for DIII are moved around with idle jets as available. Any school that wants to travel at a different time than when the jets are available needs to pay the difference which 10+ years ago was $ 30,000 or more.
    4 & 20 The All-American Sister's
    SNC 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2018 Mens DIII NCAA Champions & they have Women's Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by OldDave View Post
      Gophers also competing without fans: https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...f-043e9ce7c947
      The NCAA made that the policy throughout all tournaments and championships earlier this afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
        Maybe we should quarantine this thread for fourteen days.
        Endorse
        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

The NCAA made that the policy throughout all tournaments and championships earlier this afternoon.
          ESPN just predicted all college sports' games will be cancelled after tonight. Just a guess based on the NBA, and Hoiberg looking terrible on the Nebraska bench, but ESPN's announcers get paid for their opinion.

Comment

Yup, read that statement but had not seen an official UM statement until I posted. The wife and I fall into the high risk category and had already decided against attending. This way, though, we might get our tickets refunded.

Comment

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
              Maybe we should quarantine this thread for fourteen days.
              Agree with TTT's endorsement. Too much of a powder keg for folks on here who have an axe to grind politically.
              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Eyeore, Seriously...with the "he started it" excuse? He was called out on it and what? You don't think you should be?

And with some introspection and deletion above, I will take some of my own advice and apply it by offering you an apology for how hard I was on you in the other thread. We should be able disagree on things and keep it civil. I failed in doing that.
                Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 03-11-2020, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                  Eyeore, Seriously...with the "he started it" excuse? He was called out on it and what? You don't think you should be?
                  You are responding to a post that I never made.

Comment

With all the panic over the virus I was wondering when we'll start seeing walkers appear?

Comment

A community service...

https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/202...ut-of-control/

And some possible preventative measures...

https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/202...-your-chances/
                      Last edited by Blackbeard; 03-12-2020, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                        and Hoiberg looking terrible on the Nebraska bench, but ESPN's announcers get paid for their opinion.
                        It's not funny, but it was funny seeing that video of him looking terrible and the coach next to him and putting on the sanitizer. What a complete lack of proper judgement for him not to remove himself from the team let alone coach a game. I guess it shows the pressure of having to win at all costs to get your team into the ncaa's or get that higher seed. Not that he has it, but it's really a bad look.

This is an interesting topic, I don't like the quarantine the discussion idea, I believe that we can act as reasonable adults and have a civil discussion. If a person feels they cannot conduct themselves in a reasonable way, then they should use good judgement and not post. The problem with this country is we can't have civil discussions, we don't respect each other's right to their own opinion. I believe the little enclave of 17 posters can buck the trend and do the right thing.

I saw some really interesting stats on this event compared to other events, I will try and post a link at some point to it and we can discuss.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                          You are responding to a post that I never made.
                          It was about a notification that I received. Guessed that it was you.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            If a person feels they cannot conduct themselves in a reasonable way, then they should use good judgement and not post. The problem with this country is we can't have civil discussions, we don't respect each other's right to their own opinion. I believe the little enclave of 17 posters can buck the trend and do the right thing.
                            A good reminder for all of us...Thanks for your post
                            Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 03-12-2020, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              It's not funny, but it was funny seeing that video of him looking terrible and the coach next to him and putting on the sanitizer. What a complete lack of proper judgement for him not to remove himself from the team let alone coach a game. I guess it shows the pressure of having to win at all costs to get your team into the ncaa's or get that higher seed. Not that he has it, but it's really a bad look.

This is an interesting topic, I don't like the quarantine the discussion idea, I believe that we can act as reasonable adults and have a civil discussion. If a person feels they cannot conduct themselves in a reasonable way, then they should use good judgement and not post. The problem with this country is we can't have civil discussions, we don't respect each other's right to their own opinion. I believe the little enclave of 17 posters can buck the trend and do the right thing.

I saw some really interesting stats on this event compared to other events, I will try and post a link at some point to it and we can discuss.
                              Great post Timothy, looking forward to your links. I read something briefly about the effect crowds have on refs to make certain calls, I believe the phrase used was “social pressure” and how it impacts refs. It will be interesting for the refs to only have the coaches yelling at them instead of crowds, and we’ll see how that affects makeup calls etc.

Comment

Originally posted by 4and20 View Post
                                When it gets to NCAA Championship events the NCAA has chartered jets to move all the Basketball teams around the country. Hockey teams (Both Men and Women) I know for DIII are moved around with idle jets as available. Any school that wants to travel at a different time than when the jets are available needs to pay the difference which 10+ years ago was $ 30,000 or more.
                                Well, than I stand corrected. Would that apply only to the Frozen Four? Or the semi’s as well? OSU is flying commercial this weekend and had to split their team up on to two different flights. My contact had said that was because the NCAA does not pay for private charters. Must have been more to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X