Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coronavirus

Uw Chancellor Becky Blank at a press conference just now (as best I can quote) "the game at Labahn this weekend will, as of now, almost certainly be played... with some form of limited audience attendance".

Lots of wiggle room and vague language. But that sounds like no fans to me. :-(
    Last edited by robertearle; 03-11-2020, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
      Here's what's interesting, the Blue Jackets along with the NHL say THEY have been in contact with the CDC and their Canadian counterpart and feel ithere is no need at this point to not have their games with full fan attendance.
      Why the two opposite opinions by Northeastern and the NHL when both say they've been in contact with the CDC?
      Here's the Jacket's release

https://www.nhl.com/bluejackets/news...19/c-316083620
      These type of inconsistencies don’t help anybody. Pro sports should be taking the lead on this stuff as there crowds are typically larger than the college crowds.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
        uw chancellor becky blank at a press conference just now (as best i can quote) "the game at labahn this weekend will, as of now, almost certainly be played... With some form of limited audience attendance".

Lots of wiggle room and vague language. But that sounds like no fans to me. :-(
        nnnnnooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          nnnnnooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          I'm wondering where we go to pick up our USCHO credentials, to get in. :-)

Comment

I think we're on the brink of some big announcements here. The Ivy is cancelling all athletic competition for the academic year. So......

Ema Schumer @emaschumer
            BREAKING NEWS: The @IvyLeague has canceled all athletics practices and competitions for the remainder of the academic year. The presidents of the eight schools unanimously voted in favor of the decision. More to come in @THCSports
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
              Ema Schumer @emaschumer
              BREAKING NEWS: The @IvyLeague has canceled all athletics practices and competitions for the remainder of the academic year. The presidents of the eight schools unanimously voted in favor of the decision. More to come in @THCSports
              Looks like we can jump right to the semifinal round:
              Mercyhurst vs. Wisconsin
              Northeastern vs. Minnesota/Ohio State winner
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I think we're on the brink of some big announcements here. The Ivy is cancelling all athletic competition for the academic year. So......

Ema Schumer @emaschumer
                This is getting fricking ridiculous! Schools are showing how much they follow/promote the liberal agenda!

Comment

Originally posted by DDad16 View Post
                  Schools are showing how much they follow/promote the liberal agenda!
                  Christ, shut up, seriously. We all think the other side is stupid. We get it. Let's stick to facts regarding these events in this thread please.

---

The Ivy thing appears to for now only apply to spring sports, however the NCAA announced that all tournament events for all sports are going to be played with no fans: https://***********/marcatracy/statu...38884848852992
                  Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                  Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                  Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    Looks like we can jump right to the semifinal round:
                    Mercyhurst vs. Wisconsin
                    Northeastern vs. Minnesota/Ohio State winner
                    Clarkson isn't an Ivy, so it wouldn't be bound by an Ivy League decision.
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Christ, shut up, seriously. We all think the other side is stupid. We get it. Let's stick to facts regarding these events in this thread please.

---

The Ivy thing appears to for now only apply to spring sports, however the NCAA announced that all tournament events for all sports are going to be played with no fans: https://***********/marcatracy/statu...38884848852992
                      There is no crying emoji available, otherwise I would have just posted that. My apologies for offending your delicate sensibilities!

Comment

---

Holy crap! No fans for March Madness. Crazy! (But likely the right decision)

Comment

Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
                          Holy crap! No fans for March Madness. Crazy! (But likely the right decision)
                          Yes, it's sad that someone's one shining moment has to take place in an empty arena. But you're right, sports isn't life and death, much as we try to make it so.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                            I'm wondering where we go to pick up our USCHO credentials, to get in. :-)
                            Yeah! We are highly influential bloggers on this site. You live in Madison, I'm counting on you to make it happen. I could show up in a service truck from work and pretend to be doing a repair on a door in the building.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                              . But you're right, sports isn't life and death, much as we try to make it so.
                              Watts are you talking about!? Speak for yourself. Some famous old dude said, "Give me hockey or give me death". I subscribe to his thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                Yeah! We are highly influential bloggers on this site. You live in Madison, I'm counting on you to make it happen. I could show up in a service truck from work and pretend to be doing a repair on a door in the building.
                                Not me. We need Arlen, or Grant, or Nicole to make that happen! No question they'll come through... right? :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X