Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coronavirus

At this point so many schools are sending people home and sporting events are getting cancelled that we should probably have a central place for updates.

I know Harvard is sending people home. University of New Haven (where my wife works) is doing the same but not a hockey problem obviously. If anyone hears any updates on the Frozen Four or the tournament, post here.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Re: Coronavirus

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    At this point so many schools are sending people home and sporting events are getting cancelled that we should probably have a central place for updates.

I know Harvard is sending people home. University of New Haven (where my wife works) is doing the same but not a hockey problem obviously. If anyone hears any updates on the Frozen Four or the tournament, post here.
    Amherst College (Division III) is not allowing spectators to its NCAA Tournament First Round game vs. Norwich tomorrow.

They have also sent their kids home for spring break and told them not to come back. Cancelling the entire spring sports season.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

On the D1 thread, someone posted no fans at Cornell this weekend, men or women.
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        WOW well how's that for thread timing

Comment

Cornell women's hockey twitter page confirms this.

(So far, there have been two cases anywhere in Wisconsin: one was a person travelling back from China, arrived in Madison on Jan 30th, and went directly to UW Hospital from the airport. Almost six weeks later, and zero reports of anyone having contracted from that person. Just yesterday, a report of someone is Osceola having tested positive. Osceola is in the northwest part of the state, much closer to Minneapolis than Madison. So I can't imagine any sort of cancellation in Madison this week. Three weeks from now, after students have gone on spring break and come back, that might be different, But they have not yet even gone out.)

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
            Cornell women's hockey twitter page confirms this.

(So far, there have been two cases anywhere in Wisconsin: one was a person travelling back from China, arrived in Madison on Jan 30th, and went directly to UW Hospital from the airport. Almost six weeks later, and zero reports of anyone having contracted from that person. Just yesterday, a report of someone is Osceola having tested positive. Osceola is in the northwest part of the state, much closer to Minneapolis than Madison. So I can't imagine any sort of cancellation in Madison this week. Three weeks from now, after students have gone on spring break and come back, that might be different, But they have not yet even gone out.)
            And just about literally as I was typing, a second case in Dane County (Madison); someone who contracted while travelling within US; quarantined at home; not related to the Jan 30th case.

Comment

The Ivy League cancelled both of their basketball tourneys.... sending their regular season champions to the NCAAs. I wonder why they didn't do it for men's hockey too?
              Steve
              Penn State Class of '95
              Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                The Ivy League cancelled both of their basketball tourneys.... sending their regular season champions to the NCAAs. I wonder why they didn't do it for men's hockey too?
                Ivy League doesn't have an AQ in hockey and doesn't run a post season tournament - the Ivy League champion is the regular season champ from the games among the Ivies in the ECAC league.
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Middlebury College (Division III) just basically did the same thing Amherst did with spring sports and shutting down campus.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

NU game this weekend for now appears to be open to fans

Comment

Does Middlebury plan on playing their game Saturday? Their FAQ website is a little confusing.

Edit: looks like it might just be spring sports. Not sure if there will be fans allowed?
                      Last edited by D3WomensHockey; 03-10-2020, 01:41 PM.

Comment

NU game this weekend for now appears to be open to fans
                        As NU goes, so goes the Final Four?

Comment

Wondering about USA Hockey championships as well, and if any college coaches will or won’t attend

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                            Ivy League doesn't have an AQ in hockey and doesn't run a post season tournament - the Ivy League champion is the regular season champ from the games among the Ivies in the ECAC league.
                            Wow... I'm usually smarter than this... I knew all of this.
                            Steve
                            Penn State Class of '95
                            Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                              As NU goes, so goes the Final Four?
                              Thinking the FF would be an NCAA call, no?

Comment

Working...
                              X