Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
    By the time you have a significant number of cases, it's too late. One of the troubling things about Covid-19 is that you become contagious before you show symptoms, and a lot of people don't ever show symptoms at all. If there are two confirmed positive tests, it's a pretty good bet that there are a bunch more local cases that have not yet been identified.
    Yes, it seems like on average it takes Five days for you to show symptoms. So think of where we are at, imagine an exponential increase in five days, and this is where we will be. Which is scary. Mass had 100 percent increase in cases in one day. People have to insist to their employers they will work from home. If you can’t work from home be strapped with a lot of hand sanitizer and wear a mask. I have seen some wearing masks here in the last day. I think within one week all will wear gloves and masks in public.

Comment

Re: Coronavirus

https://uwbadgers.com/news/2020/3/11...-audience.aspx
      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Yeah! We are highly influential bloggers on this site. You live in Madison, I'm counting on you to make it happen. I could show up in a service truck from work and pretend to be doing a repair on a door in the building.
        Just claim you're a relative of Clarkson player. I'm hearing 4 tix per player.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by DDad16 View Post
          This is getting fricking ridiculous! Schools are showing how much they follow/promote the liberal agenda!
          What the heck does that decision have to do with a liberal agenda? Seriously?
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
            Do you mean the actual liberal agenda, or the fantasy liberal agenda Fox talks about?

Comment

The NBA has suspended its season after a member of the Utah Jazz tested positive for Covid-19. I would not be surprised to see more events go from "played without fans" to "suspended or cancelled" in the very near future.

Comment

Originally posted by DDad16 View Post
                This is getting fricking ridiculous! Schools are showing how much they follow/promote the liberal agenda!
                I think you stumbled into the wrong forum. You’re looking for the Area 51 forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                  or the fantasy liberal agenda Fox talks about?
                  So the other poster was chastized for this this type of post. Think you should be as well. Stick to the topic.
                  At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                    Not to get political, but some would say this virus thing is being overplayed by the media whipping us into a mass hysteria to increase the odds that Trump does not get re-elected. Just saying.....
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Not to get political, but some would say this virus thing is being overplayed by the media whipping us into a mass hysteria to increase the odds that Trump does not get re-elected. Just saying.....
                      USA Hockey cancelled all Nationals & disabled festival

Comment

Maybe we should quarantine this thread for fourteen days.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                          Christ, shut up, seriously. We all think the other side is stupid. We get it. Let's stick to facts regarding these events in this thread please.

---

The Ivy thing appears to for now only apply to spring sports, however the NCAA announced that all tournament events for all sports are going to be played with no fans: https://***********/marcatracy/statu...38884848852992
                          Go study this before you take fathers name in vain..

Comment

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
                            Maybe we should quarantine this thread for fourteen days.
                            I'd like to see pokechecker get involved in this thread.

I am devastated I can't go to Labahn one last time this season.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

The best estimates are that the mortality rate for this virus is roughly the same as the 1918 influenza pandemic, although deaths appear to be concentrated in different demographics. It's not being overplayed.

Comment

Gophers also competing without fans: https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...f-043e9ce7c947

Comment

Working...
                                X