Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
      They are all screwed. Game over.
      YUP ... WE ALL GOT SCREWED!!!
      It is all over!

Comment

Re: My team got screwed 2020

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
        Just one more and then off to dreams. Norwich and Hobart got screwed again, this time it was the UCHC and more specifically Utica. If Utica hadn't played the "best of two series" with the potential of the DMG (in my opinion it is the dam*** version, not the dreaded) to win the UCHC conference title they would only have a total of 23-2-2 and would be the second in the PWR and the NCAA rankings, behind you know who, Norwich! (who's record is 24-2-2). Now if you want the NCAA process to be totally fair, wouldn't they pressure the UCHC and any other conference using the best of two, to follow the same play off criteria as the majority of the other leagues. This rule by UCHC, sanctioned by the NCAA, who also plays unfair with their "500 miles" rule, proves the theory that corruption is every where. The fact that the U in UCHC is not for United may shock you. HINT this secret has been kept ever since the change over from the old ECAC West...you might now guess the truth behind the use of United instead of .........Utica. In 2017 Utica was hosting the Div III hockey Tournament and won the newly formed United/UticaCHC regular season title. Then came a UCHC league championship game where Hobart beat Utica to win the Automatic Bid to the DIV III version of the Final Four. Utica was left out after the dust settled. Hobart (former ECAC West) is victim #1 for Utica (and they also got on Utica's nerves as Hobart joined Norwich and the NEHC instead of staying with the old gang that became UCHC that year) and Norwich soon became victim #2, as they went on to win the 2017 Div III Men's Ice Hockey Championship. Utica had grudges against both Norwich and Hobart and have waited 3 years to avenge Utica Collegiate Hockey Conference by potentially winning the 2020 NCAA"S. And to ensure that potential, they promoted the "best of two series", thus putting them ahead of Norwich in the rankings. Now that the secret is out, both Norwich, Hobart and Babson (another NEHC team) will be gunning for Utica this March. To protect the rules of fair play, support these three team in their fight against the NCAA and the Utica Collegiate Hockey Conference. Author holds no grudges with the NCAA, Utica College, the United Collegiate Hockey Conference or UCHC, and the UticaCHC (which maybe some unkown acronym), since the nature of this article is a work of fiction Good Night y'all- East to West and North to South (almost made it to 80 degrees here in Central Florida today, how were the highs in your East, West, North and South areas?????
        Where in Central Florida?

Comment

Seniors got totally screwed !! Every year the NCAA tourney Seniors get a few extra looks from scouts ,,, and then a possible invite for a few games of experience in the ECHL,,,,, This years Seniors won’t get to compete for a National Title,,, 4 years of blood , sweat and tears,,,, and there is no pro experience to be had at the moment,,, perhaps a career killer! Good luck Seniors ,, I hope you find a way to better days

Comment

Originally posted by golightning77 View Post
            Seniors got totally screwed !! Every year the NCAA tourney Seniors get a few extra looks from scouts ,,, and then a possible invite for a few games of experience in the ECHL,,,,, This years Seniors won’t get to compete for a National Title,,, 4 years of blood , sweat and tears,,,, and there is no pro experience to be had at the moment,,, perhaps a career killer! Good luck Seniors ,, I hope you find a way to better days
            There is no
            NHL
            AHL
            ECHL
            SPHL

They're done with no place to go.
            Last edited by joecct; 03-12-2020, 08:03 PM.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              There is no
              NHL
              AHL
              ECHL
              SPHL

They're done with no place to go.
              That’s really screwed...
              Steve
              Penn State Class of '95
              Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                That’s really screwed...
                There is some talk of granting the Seniors an extra year of eligibility ,,, I don’t know how real it is, but it’s an interesting thought,,

Comment

Originally posted by golightning77 View Post
                  There is some talk of granting the Seniors an extra year of eligibility ,,, I don’t know how real it is, but it’s an interesting thought,,
                  There is absolutely no talk of that except people making things up on a message board.
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                    There is absolutely no talk of that except people making things up on a message board.
                    And Geno Auriemma saying publicly that he hopes it happens, with a one-year waiver on scholarship maximums for programs affected by this shutdown.

We’ll see i suppose...should be nearly the last thing on our minds.

r

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
                      And Geno Auriemma saying publicly that he hopes it happens, with a one-year waiver on scholarship maximums for programs affected by this shutdown.

We’ll see i suppose...should be nearly the last thing on our minds.

r
                      Geno doesn't speak for the NCAA.

Besides, it's a stupid idea. Just because you miss some playoff games, like all those players on sucky teams, is not a reason for another year.

Now, Spring sports, absolutely. But not winter sports.
                      Russell Jaslow

Comment

Besides, it's a stupid idea. Just because you miss some playoff games, like all those players on sucky teams, is not a reason for another year.

Oh, I agree, just saying it's not just message board fodder. I also agree that spring sports should look into the possibility.

r

Comment

Yea and Im gonna get another shot at Platty

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                            Yea and Im gonna get another shot at Platty
                            I would pay good money to see that!
                            Russell Jaslow

Comment