My team got screwed 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My team got screwed 2020

You are forgetting that the need to add teams to the ECAC West was because RIT snuck into DI just before the NCAA closed the doors on future DIII schools playing up to DI. If RIT hadn't done that, the ECAC West would have had an autobid years before and wouldn't have had to mess with the metrics that way. This means that (as always) it's RIT's fault.
    2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
    2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
    2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
    2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by nuprof View Post
      this means that (as always) it's rit's fault.
      always.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
        Hobart got the ultimate screw! Correct me if I am wrong, but if they are with in 477 miles (500 - 53 from math NUProf's calculations , so he can't be wrong, thus I can't be wrong) Hobart gets on a cold bus in the cold North and drives over 9 hours (average speed of 60 miles per hour and makes 2 thirty minutes pit stops, leaving the bus running so it's not so cold when the team gets back on, but necesitates another stop for gas and a stop at Red Box to replenish video stock for the video equipped bus, gas station has Red Box, as mandated by NCAA {DIII} Mens Ice Hockey}]) only to go more North and thus colder. If the NCAA pays travel costs, I am thinking they must also pay for the bus, two drivers (DOT regulations say no more than an 8 hour shift due to safety), 7 videos (3 for the first leg, 3 for the second and 1 as an alternate in the event of a tie vote on which video to watch first), topped off tanks of gas, (one at the start, one for the middle and one upon arrival, one mid way back and one upon arrival back to bus depot in Albany, NY after dropping the Statesmen off at their athletic department), meals for about 50 people, (players, coaches, trainers, administrators, stick boy, towel boy, water boy) for 4(plus road trip snacks and Gatorade [3 coolers] for practices, morning skates and games), 1 nights stay at hotel for 50 in Adrian area, 1 extra night at coaches discretion as to staying in Adian area or at a hotel halfway home [might be a wise choice when Hobart wins), 36 hours of private security (in case Adrian wins or loses), post win interview (multiple radio and film crews and bottled water for everyone)and catered party (number of attendees dependent on who wins, minimum of 75 to 100, maximum ?????????)Numbers are arbitrary and author not liable as these numbers are arbitrary! Did I miss anything?

I think Hobart has a case of challenging the NCAA rules regarding the 500 mile flight rule. The economical cost of a road trip is much higher, if not in a numeric sense than in environmental effect. Think of the gas, think of the emissons from that bus. Think about the waste of 50 people's time while riding that bus. Think of the hours wasted in front of a video screen that corrupts our children. Oh the humanity of it all just to let the NCAA save a chunk of change. Yes a chunk of change is worth just pennies to the rich NCAA... what is the price of your children, husband, lover, wife who make up the chunk of change.....

Seriously now, I do believe the Hobart team should be able to fly, but that can't be done per the NCAA. That is shameful to me. However, is there a remote chance that some one rich would foot the bill? An alumnus who has more than a chunk of change? Unfortunately, that would also be forbidden by the NCAA. Hobart, your friends of Team Norwich, at the very least, make the trip by bus, but for goodness' sake, win the game. We would like playing you, another NEHC team (Yes 3 out of the 12 NCAA Teams are from the NEHC (by the way, there were 3 last year too [Norwich, Hobart and UMB], that is equal to 1/4 of the field), battling Norwich for the Title Game. Hope to see you in Buffalo!
        Great Post,,, entertaining yet made me think!
        I could say you could copy and paste this exact post for next week if Adrian wins and has to travel to Geneseo next weekend. Maybe they can split a bus ride back w Hobart to save some costs!

Comment

Just one more and then off to dreams. Norwich and Hobart got screwed again, this time it was the UCHC and more specifically Utica. If Utica hadn't played the "best of two series" with the potential of the DMG (in my opinion it is the dam*** version, not the dreaded) to win the UCHC conference title they would only have a total of 23-2-2 and would be the second in the PWR and the NCAA rankings, behind you know who, Norwich! (who's record is 24-2-2). Now if you want the NCAA process to be totally fair, wouldn't they pressure the UCHC and any other conference using the best of two, to follow the same play off criteria as the majority of the other leagues. This rule by UCHC, sanctioned by the NCAA, who also plays unfair with their "500 miles" rule, proves the theory that corruption is every where. The fact that the U in UCHC is not for United may shock you. HINT this secret has been kept ever since the change over from the old ECAC West...you might now guess the truth behind the use of United instead of .........Utica. In 2017 Utica was hosting the Div III hockey Tournament and won the newly formed United/UticaCHC regular season title. Then came a UCHC league championship game where Hobart beat Utica to win the Automatic Bid to the DIV III version of the Final Four. Utica was left out after the dust settled. Hobart (former ECAC West) is victim #1 for Utica (and they also got on Utica's nerves as Hobart joined Norwich and the NEHC instead of staying with the old gang that became UCHC that year) and Norwich soon became victim #2, as they went on to win the 2017 Div III Men's Ice Hockey Championship. Utica had grudges against both Norwich and Hobart and have waited 3 years to avenge Utica Collegiate Hockey Conference by potentially winning the 2020 NCAA"S. And to ensure that potential, they promoted the "best of two series", thus putting them ahead of Norwich in the rankings. Now that the secret is out, both Norwich, Hobart and Babson (another NEHC team) will be gunning for Utica this March. To protect the rules of fair play, support these three team in their fight against the NCAA and the Utica Collegiate Hockey Conference. Author holds no grudges with the NCAA, Utica College, the United Collegiate Hockey Conference or UCHC, and the UticaCHC (which maybe some unkown acronym), since the nature of this article is a work of fiction Good Night y'all- East to West and North to South (almost made it to 80 degrees here in Central Florida today, how were the highs in your East, West, North and South areas?????
          It all evens out,, it’s the same extra game that cost them the NCAAs last year

Comment

Just one more and then off to dreams. Norwich and Hobart got screwed again, this time it was the UCHC and more specifically Utica. If Utica hadn't played the "best of two series" with the potential of the DMG (in my opinion it is the dam*** version, not the dreaded) to win the UCHC conference title they would only have a total of 23-2-2 and would be the second in the PWR and the NCAA rankings, behind you know who, Norwich! (who's record is 24-2-2). Now if you want the NCAA process to be totally fair, wouldn't they pressure the UCHC and any other conference using the best of two, to follow the same play off criteria as the majority of the other leagues. This rule by UCHC, sanctioned by the NCAA, who also plays unfair with their "500 miles" rule, proves the theory that corruption is every where. The fact that the U in UCHC is not for United may shock you. HINT this secret has been kept ever since the change over from the old ECAC West...you might now guess the truth behind the use of United instead of .........Utica. In 2017 Utica was hosting the Div III hockey Tournament and won the newly formed United/UticaCHC regular season title. Then came a UCHC league championship game where Hobart beat Utica to win the Automatic Bid to the DIV III version of the Final Four. Utica was left out after the dust settled. Hobart (former ECAC West) is victim #1 for Utica (and they also got on Utica's nerves as Hobart joined Norwich and the NEHC instead of staying with the old gang that became UCHC that year) and Norwich soon became victim #2, as they went on to win the 2017 Div III Men's Ice Hockey Championship. Utica had grudges against both Norwich and Hobart and have waited 3 years to avenge Utica Collegiate Hockey Conference by potentially winning the 2020 NCAA"S. And to ensure that potential, they promoted the "best of two series", thus putting them ahead of Norwich in the rankings. Now that the secret is out, both Norwich, Hobart and Babson (another NEHC team) will be gunning for Utica this March. To protect the rules of fair play, support these three team in their fight against the NCAA and the Utica Collegiate Hockey Conference. Author holds no grudges with the NCAA, Utica College, the United Collegiate Hockey Conference or UCHC, and the UticaCHC (which maybe some unkown acronym), since the nature of this article is a work of fiction Good Night y'all- East to West and North to South (almost made it to 80 degrees here in Central Florida today, how were the highs in your East, West, North and South areas?????
            I don't know how I should feel after reading this lol Also, the UCHC didn't start to receive an autobid until last year (Manhattanville got it btw) & the ECAC never had an autobid.
            Utica Pioneers Hockey
            2012-13 Frozen Four Semi-Finalist
            2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 UCHC Regular Season Champs
            2017-18 UCHC Tournament Champions
            2019-20 UCHC Tournament Champions

Comment

Originally posted by UCfan30 View Post
              I don't know how I should feel after reading this lol Also, the UCHC didn't start to receive an autobid until last year (Manhattanville got it btw) & the ECAC never had an autobid.
              It would have had one, but RIT left .

Comment

Seriously now, I do believe the Hobart team should be able to fly!
                TBH, they *can* fly, if they want to...the NCAA just won't foot the whole bill, they'll pay what a bus trip would cost, since it's <500 miles. They could charter their own 787 if they really wanted to pay the difference.

r

Comment

Originally posted by golightning77 View Post
                  Great Post,,, entertaining yet made me think!
                  I could say you could copy and paste this exact post for next week if Adrian wins and has to travel to Geneseo next weekend. Maybe they can split a bus ride back w Hobart to save some costs!
                  Considering how some games at Adrian (especially in March) seem to go, I doubt sharing a bus with Hobart would be a very good idea...
                  Steve
                  Penn State Class of '95
                  Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                    Considering how some games at Adrian (especially in March) seem to go, I doubt sharing a bus with Hobart would be a very good idea...
                    The jury is still out but from what I've seen lately Adrian has really cleaned up their act. As far as I know they didn't even end anybody's career in the closing seconds of a game this year.
                    5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                    2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
                      As far as I know they didn't even end anybody's career in the closing seconds of a game this year.
                      Well, except for the seniors on teams they knocked out of the Harris Cup playoffs.
                      5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                      2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Boy if they played the game without refs,instead of fans maybe Oswego would have advanced,what say you NUprof???

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                          Boy if they played the game without refs,instead of fans maybe Oswego would have advanced,what say you NUprof???
                          I assume you would want the Oswego fans to take the job of the refs, in which case it is really clearly true.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                            I assume you would want the Oswego fans to take the job of the refs, in which case it is really clearly true.
                            you read my mind....great minds think,you know the rest

Comment

They are all screwed. Game over.
                              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Screw Covid-19 ... such a thief !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Working...
                                X