My team got screwed 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
    Hobart definetly got screwed. With Weslyan advancing to win the NESCAC, that made Hobart become the travelling team, any other winner in Nescac the Statesmen stay home to host.
    I agree w RGP,, Hobart got screwed,,, to pit 4 vs 6 in a first round game is only due to the 500 mile rule,,, this game could have been a quarterfinal game and no one would complain

Comment

Re: My team got screwed 2020

Originally posted by AC Bulldog View Post
      I see the name of the thread and understand that every year people feel "My team go screwed". We have felt that way in some past years too. Sorry if you feel I "broke that rule". I was just wondering what he felt we needed to get together. Nothing more. All is good.

I think you have a legitimate beef. As the 4th seed, Adrian should have a bye to the QFs, but instead get an opening round matchup with the 6th seed. Very similar to what happened to SNC last year.
      5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
      2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

This year...we screwed ourselves...an enormous feat. We should get in on reputation, or lack thereof.

Comment

Originally posted by golightning77 View Post
          I agree w RGP,, Hobart got screwed,,, to pit 4 vs 6 in a first round game is only due to the 500 mile rule,,, this game could have been a quarterfinal game and no one would complain
          Hobart just needs to move their campus 53 miles to the East - it's the fault of the people who founded the school (and of course the fault of RIT, but that goes without saying )
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
            This year...we screwed ourselves...an enormous feat. We should get in on reputation, or lack thereof.
            maybe next yr they go by attendance not records

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
              This post may go viral.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

An no AQs, either.
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  go viral
                  Too soon
                  #OneKnight

Comment

Ok only if you take the actual number of times the turn style turns. Fishey would luv to claim honors,but everyone knows how the aud does it's attendance,hahaha
                    Oswego'88

Comment

This would be objectively better IMO.
                      5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                      2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Hobart got the ultimate screw! Correct me if I am wrong, but if they are with in 477 miles (500 - 53 from math NUProf's calculations , so he can't be wrong, thus I can't be wrong) Hobart gets on a cold bus in the cold North and drives over 9 hours (average speed of 60 miles per hour and makes 2 thirty minutes pit stops, leaving the bus running so it's not so cold when the team gets back on, but necesitates another stop for gas and a stop at Red Box to replenish video stock for the video equipped bus, gas station has Red Box, as mandated by NCAA {DIII} Mens Ice Hockey}]) only to go more North and thus colder. If the NCAA pays travel costs, I am thinking they must also pay for the bus, two drivers (DOT regulations say no more than an 8 hour shift due to safety), 7 videos (3 for the first leg, 3 for the second and 1 as an alternate in the event of a tie vote on which video to watch first), topped off tanks of gas, (one at the start, one for the middle and one upon arrival, one mid way back and one upon arrival back to bus depot in Albany, NY after dropping the Statesmen off at their athletic department), meals for about 50 people, (players, coaches, trainers, administrators, stick boy, towel boy, water boy) for 4(plus road trip snacks and Gatorade [3 coolers] for practices, morning skates and games), 1 nights stay at hotel for 50 in Adrian area, 1 extra night at coaches discretion as to staying in Adian area or at a hotel halfway home [might be a wise choice when Hobart wins), 36 hours of private security (in case Adrian wins or loses), post win interview (multiple radio and film crews and bottled water for everyone)and catered party (number of attendees dependent on who wins, minimum of 75 to 100, maximum ?????????)Numbers are arbitrary and author not liable as these numbers are arbitrary! Did I miss anything?

I think Hobart has a case of challenging the NCAA rules regarding the 500 mile flight rule. The economical cost of a road trip is much higher, if not in a numeric sense than in environmental effect. Think of the gas, think of the emissons from that bus. Think about the waste of 50 people's time while riding that bus. Think of the hours wasted in front of a video screen that corrupts our children. Oh the humanity of it all just to let the NCAA save a chunk of change. Yes a chunk of change is worth just pennies to the rich NCAA... what is the price of your children, husband, lover, wife who make up the chunk of change.....

Seriously now, I do believe the Hobart team should be able to fly, but that can't be done per the NCAA. That is shameful to me. However, is there a remote chance that some one rich would foot the bill? An alumnus who has more than a chunk of change? Unfortunately, that would also be forbidden by the NCAA. Hobart, your friends of Team Norwich, at the very least, make the trip by bus, but for goodness' sake, win the game. We would like playing you, another NEHC team (Yes 3 out of the 12 NCAA Teams are from the NEHC (by the way, there were 3 last year too [Norwich, Hobart and UMB], that is equal to 1/4 of the field), battling Norwich for the Title Game. Hope to see you in Buffalo!
                        Last edited by 17'sfanNU; 03-10-2020, 04:14 PM.
                        There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                          Hobart got the ultimate screw! Correct me if I am wrong, but if they are with in 477 miles (500 - 53 from math NUProf's calculations , so he can't be wrong, thus I can't be wrong) Hobart gets on a cold bus in the cold North and drives over 9 hours (average speed of 60 miles per hour and makes 2 thirty minutes pit stops, leaving the bus running so it's not so cold when the team gets back on, but necesitates another stop for gas and a stop at Red Box to replenish video stock for the video equipped bus, gas station has Red Box, as mandated by NCAA {DIII} Mens Ice Hockey}]) only to go more North and thus colder. If the NCAA pays travel costs, I am thinking they must also pay for the bus, two drivers (DOT regulations say no more than an 8 hour shift due to safety), 7 videos (3 for the first leg, 3 for the second and 1 as an alternate in the event of a tie vote on which video to watch first), topped off tanks of gas, (one at the start, one for the middle and one upon arrival, one mid way back and one upon arrival back to bus depot in Albany, NY after dropping the Statesmen off at their athletic department), meals for about 50 people, (players, coaches, trainers, administrators, stick boy, towel boy, water boy) for 4(plus road trip snacks and Gatorade [3 coolers] for practices, morning skates and games), 1 nights stay at hotel for 50 in Adrian area, 1 extra night at coaches discretion as to staying in Adian area or at a hotel halfway home [might be a wise choice when Hobart wins), 36 hours of private security (in case Adrian wins or loses), post win interview (multiple radio and film crews and bottled water for everyone)and catered party (number of attendees dependent on who wins, minimum of 75 to 100, maximum ?????????)Numbers are arbitrary and author not liable as these numbers are arbitrary! Did I miss anything?

I think Hobart has a case of challenging the NCAA rules regarding the 500 mile flight rule. The economical cost of a road trip is much higher, if not in a numeric sense than in environmental effect. Think of the gas, think of the emissons from that bus. Think about the waste of 50 people's time while riding that bus. Think of the hours wasted in front of a video screen that corrupts our children. Oh the humanity of it all just to let the NCAA save a chunk of change. Yes a chunk of change is worth just pennies to the rich NCAA... what is the price of your children, husband, lover, wife who make up the chunk of change.....

Seriously now, I do believe the Hobart team should be able to fly, but that can't be done per the NCAA. That is shameful to me. However, is there a remote chance that some one rich would foot the bill? An alumnus who has more than a chunk of change? Unfortunately, that would also be forbidden by the NCAA. Hobart, your friends of Team Norwich, at the very least, make the trip by bus, but for goodness' sake, win the game. We would like playing you, another NEHC team (Yes 3 out of the 12 NCAA Teams are from the NEHC (by the way, there were 3 last year too [Norwich, Hobart and UMB], that is equal to 1/4 of the field), battling Norwich for the Title Game. Hope to see you in Buffalo!
                          And with that, this post closes the thread. It can't possibly be topped.
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Thank you, Sir~ I can't believe the famous Russel Jaslow closed this post. I am honored. I am also tired, it took an hour to post this, spell check included. Have a great playoff week everyone (especially Hobart and Babson) by the way, Norwich got screwed because Hobart and Babson could meet in the semifinals...I don't think they allow conference rivals to play each other for the NCAA's. HMMM!
                            Last edited by 17'sfanNU; 03-10-2020, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Not so fast, Pretzel Man...
                              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Just one more and then off to dreams. Norwich and Hobart got screwed again, this time it was the UCHC and more specifically Utica. If Utica hadn't played the "best of two series" with the potential of the DMG (in my opinion it is the dam*** version, not the dreaded) to win the UCHC conference title they would only have a total of 23-2-2 and would be the second in the PWR and the NCAA rankings, behind you know who, Norwich! (who's record is 24-2-2). Now if you want the NCAA process to be totally fair, wouldn't they pressure the UCHC and any other conference using the best of two, to follow the same play off criteria as the majority of the other leagues. This rule by UCHC, sanctioned by the NCAA, who also plays unfair with their "500 miles" rule, proves the theory that corruption is every where. The fact that the U in UCHC is not for United may shock you. HINT this secret has been kept ever since the change over from the old ECAC West...you might now guess the truth behind the use of United instead of .........Utica. In 2017 Utica was hosting the Div III hockey Tournament and won the newly formed United/UticaCHC regular season title. Then came a UCHC league championship game where Hobart beat Utica to win the Automatic Bid to the DIV III version of the Final Four. Utica was left out after the dust settled. Hobart (former ECAC West) is victim #1 for Utica (and they also got on Utica's nerves as Hobart joined Norwich and the NEHC instead of staying with the old gang that became UCHC that year) and Norwich soon became victim #2, as they went on to win the 2017 Div III Men's Ice Hockey Championship. Utica had grudges against both Norwich and Hobart and have waited 3 years to avenge Utica Collegiate Hockey Conference by potentially winning the 2020 NCAA"S. And to ensure that potential, they promoted the "best of two series", thus putting them ahead of Norwich in the rankings. Now that the secret is out, both Norwich, Hobart and Babson (another NEHC team) will be gunning for Utica this March. To protect the rules of fair play, support these three team in their fight against the NCAA and the Utica Collegiate Hockey Conference. Author holds no grudges with the NCAA, Utica College, the United Collegiate Hockey Conference or UCHC, and the UticaCHC (which maybe some unkown acronym), since the nature of this article is a work of fiction Good Night y'all- East to West and North to South (almost made it to 80 degrees here in Central Florida today, how were the highs in your East, West, North and South areas?????
                                Last edited by 17'sfanNU; 03-10-2020, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X