My team got screwed 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My team got screwed 2020

I know that I might get flamed for this, but Norwich really got screwed in this whole deal... #1 in the coaches poll since January 27, 20 of 20 first place votes in the latest poll, top seed in the NCAA tournament, no losses in 2020, last 9 games were consecutive shutouts.

All in all on the precipice of a greatness and perhaps another National Championship.... and then this.

WADR, My team got screwed!

I wish they had played the games in empty arenas.

What a tragedy.
    Last edited by nujack; 03-13-2020, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nujack View Post
      I know that I might get flamed for this, but Norwich really got screwed in this whole deal... #1 in the coaches poll since January 27, 20 of 20 first place votes in the latest poll, top seed in the NCAA tournament, no losses in 2020, last 9 games were consecutive shutouts.

All in all on the precipice of a greatness and perhaps another National Championship.... and then this.

WADR, My team got screwed!

I wish they had played the games in empty arenas.

What a tragedy.
      I doubt that anyone will flame you while we have much bigger fish yet to fry, but Genny/NU/UC all looked even-Steven on paper, over here in the East. And the Coach's poll was and is a complete non-factor, in any case.

I was hoping for the empty-arena option as well, but with a critical 50-YO community-acquired case revealed just today a couple of miles from me in the Podunk where I currently reside, I'll actually go so far as to give the NCAA kudos on that call.

This is going to get a lot worse before it gets better, and it's coming to your town.

Take that to the bank.
      Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-13-2020, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
        There is absolutely no talk of that except people making things up on a message board.
        Looks like its partially true already. Working on winter now....
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by golightning77 View Post
          There is some talk of granting the Seniors an extra year of eligibility ,,, I don’t know how real it is, but it’s an interesting thought,,
          Spring sports seniors. Everyone else is done.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            How do you tell a spring sport freshman/sophomore/junior that he's only going to get three years of eligibility instead of four? If you are going to say "tough luck" to those groups, I think you have to say the same to the seniors. They get an extra year because they lost their last one? Not really fair to the underclassmen.

As for winter sports, I am really sorry for them, but they should not get another whole year of eligibility. A large number of them were already done (eliminated), many more only lost one game, and so forth.
            Steve
            Penn State Class of '95
            Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
              How do you tell a spring sport freshman/sophomore/junior that he's only going to get three years of eligibility instead of four? If you are going to say "tough luck" to those groups, I think you have to say the same to the seniors. They get an extra year because they lost their last one? Not really fair to the underclassmen.

As for winter sports, I am really sorry for them, but they should not get another whole year of eligibility. A large number of them were already done (eliminated), many more only lost one game, and so forth.
              I don’t see this having a big impact at the D3 level. How many athletes will be willing to pay an additional year of tuition just to play 1 more year of their sport? D1 is a different situation with athletic scholarships, so I would expect it to have a bigger impact there

Comment

Originally posted by IceKnights20 View Post
                I don’t see this having a big impact at the D3 level. How many athletes will be willing to pay an additional year of tuition just to play 1 more year of their sport? D1 is a different situation with athletic scholarships, so I would expect it to have a bigger impact there
                "Mom? Dad? Can you give me a few extra bucks so I can play hockey another year?"

- absolutley

Heck compared to some high end AAA systems, college is a price cut. We are only AA and you dont want to see my bill from last year. Carona has saved me close to $3,000 over the next 3 weeks canceling three tournaments and practice.
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                  "Mom? Dad? Can you give me a few extra bucks so I can play hockey another year?"

- absolutley

Heck compared to some high end AAA systems, college is a price cut. We are only AA and you dont want to see my bill from last year. Carona has saved me close to $3,000 over the next 3 weeks canceling three tournaments and practice.
                  10-4 Travel volleyball with my 13yo aint no picnic,Rhode island and penn stae tournies probably done should put 2 ro 3 thou back in my account...would rather spend it though...

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                    10-4 Travel volleyball with my 13yo aint no picnic,Rhode island and penn stae tournies probably done should put 2 ro 3 thou back in my account...would rather spend it though...
                    It was more my 8U that was upset. My 11U just means more PS4 time. But what do you do in the mean time? Buy another goalie helmet ...why not?
                    Remy Babineaux
                    remyb616@gmail.com
                    D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                      It was more my 8U that was upset. My 11U just means more PS4 time. But what do you do in the mean time? Buy another goalie helmet ...why not?
                      Headind down to my OBX house next week,this week set up the outdoor volleyball court ,gotta keep these busy with athletics not the d*mn phone

Comment

...How many athletes will be willing to pay an additional year of tuition just to play 1 more year of their sport? D1 is a different situation with athletic scholarships, so I would expect it to have a bigger impact there
                        A big factor may be what the job market has to offer for this year’s graduates as well. Putting-in another year of school may be an attractive option! When I graduated (in 1990), the job market was very limited. Didn’t land a full time gig until July, and I considered myself quite lucky. Many classmates were still looking well into Autumn. I entertained the thought of continuing my education, but I was so far in-the-hole I had to start bringing-in a paycheck. Unfortunately, it wasn’t as big as it could have been, but I was rather desperate at the time.
                        Dave
                        RIT - '90

Comment

There is, however, a significant portion of college students (athletes or otherwise) who do not graduate in 4 years. Many SAs have an extra semester or year left after they’ve exhausted their eligibility...

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            This is incorrect.

ALL spring sports student-athletes are being granted an extra year of eligibility should they wish to use it. It’s basically a free pass for every spring sport student-athlete that this year will not count no matter if you are a freshman or a senior.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              This is incorrect.

ALL spring sports student-athletes are being granted an extra year of eligibility should they wish to use it. It’s basically a free pass for every spring sport student-athlete that this year will not count no matter if you are a freshman or a senior.
                              ok.

Keep that family of yours safe!
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I think Norwich got screwed. They were 9 games into a streak likely to be never repeated. 9 games without giving up a goal and season ends
                                without validating how good this team is/was. With all due respect to WSP who went undefeated last year and one of the best D3 teams of all eras,
                                this Norwich team took them to OT at WSP home barn. NU got screwed.

Comment

Working...
                                X