Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin 2020 Off-season thread - Serenity Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin 2020 Off-season thread - Serenity Now!

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
    I’m cool with having fun and winning 20+ games by any means necessary. Even if it means running the 1-1-3.
    I agree, but TG said they weren't looking to make any big changes to systems, so all we can hope for is the players play better in the system they have now.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      I agree, but TG said they weren't looking to make any big changes to systems, so all we can hope for is the players play better in the system they have now.
      I did see that and I believe no changes to the staff either? If so, it makes me seriously question if he wants to keep his job...

Comment

The funny thing is, Sauer ran a run n’ gun style of hockey. The 90 team played it the 92 team etc. Osiecki, Granato And Strobel ALL played that style at UW...but at no point during those years did they have players consistently passing the puck directly to the opposition or consistently missing assignments.

There must be something wrong with the coaching or the kids aren’t listening.
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          The million dollar question.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
            I did see that and I believe no changes to the staff either? If so, it makes me seriously question if he wants to keep his job...
            Jason King said they are perfectly happy with TG as the head coach. Of course they would never openly say he's in trouble no matter how bad things are. If they came out and said it's the ncaa's or he's fired next year, that would put too much pressure on the lads, which would only make things worse.

Comment

Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Hmm. Has to sit out a year I'm sure, only to play one more year? I would think he would end up at one of the "big" schools because he seems like a top 9 forward just about anywhere.

Comment

Whoa. Can’t say I saw the Dhooghe news coming. But, one potential angle (admittedly pulled straight from my hind quarters) is that he might be seeking an additional year of amateur development that this affords him if he spends his lapse year down in the USHL. Honestly, after his drop in personal results this year, that might not be the worst idea. Save for that last weekend, he can’t say the staff didn’t give him the chances. And, I can’t blame the staff for sitting him
                  The last weekend. This team’s record and performance was most impressive in the stretch when he was out with injury.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    The funny thing is, Sauer ran a run n’ gun style of hockey. The 90 team played it the 92 team etc. Osiecki, Granato And Strobel ALL played that style at UW...but at no point during those years did they have players consistently passing the puck directly to the opposition or consistently missing assignments.

Yes.

It does not matter what system they run if the players dont play hard. I mean it's as simple as that. All this change the system talk is pointless. Team doesn't play hard under Granato.

Comment

Originally posted by sunprairie View Post
                      Whoa. Can’t say I saw the Dhooghe news coming. But, one potential angle (admittedly pulled straight from my hind quarters) is that he might be seeking an additional year of amateur development that this affords him if he spends his lapse year down in the USHL. Honestly, after his drop in personal results this year, that might not be the worst idea. Save for that last weekend, he can’t say the staff didn’t give him the chances. And, I can’t blame the staff for sitting him
                      The last weekend. This team’s record and performance was most impressive in the stretch when he was out with injury.
                      He's too old to play in the USHL next year...

Comment

Did he finish a bachelors degree? Then he wouldn’t have to sit out a year.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                          He's too old to play in the USHL next year...
                          Like I said, straight from my hind quarters... Yeah, I haven’t heard that he’s graduated or graduating, so that makes this quite interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by sunprairie View Post
                            Seems like his being out of the line-up and Zimmer coming on at the end gave the team a little push forward, but not enough to overcome the inherent poor play. The 3 guys coming in will easily fill the Turcotte/Zimmer void, may even be an upgrade. Matty DSP is equal or greater than Turcotte and Malmquist is probably better than Zimmer.

One interesting thing is that TG said they wanted/needed him in the lineup, then never put him in. Is TG making promises to players and not keeping them?

Comment

Seems like his being out of the line-up and Zimmer coming on at the end gave the team a little push forward, but not enough to overcome the inherent poor play. The 3 guys coming in will easily fill the Turcotte/Zimmer void, may even be an upgrade. Matty DSP is equal or greater than Turcotte and Malmquist is probably better than Zimmer.

One interesting thing is that TG said they wanted/needed him in the lineup, then never put him in. Is TG making promises to players and not keeping them?
                              There has to have been locker room stuff none of us are privy to here. Thinking back, the decision to put the A on Emberson after Dhooghe was hurt is an interesting one. It’s not like they needed to do that. Plenty of teams survive with a C and an A. They didn’t need to throw a substitute A on there. Perhaps that was a coaching message more than a substitution.

It is unfortunate, though, beyond Sean’s slide in personal numbers. Externally he was one of the program’s most popular players, and he was always game for being out front for community events and marketing videos and such. This won’t be one that will just slide past casual fans without them noticing.

Comment

I can’t say I ever noticed a dip in his effort.

Maybe he’s one of those types that needs more stability and rhythm? He sure bounced around the lineup charts a lot this year (as did most).
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X