Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin 2020 Off-season thread - Serenity Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
    Bahahahaha! I actually burst out laughing reading this! Totally agree with this sentiment.
    😀
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Re: Wisconsin 2020 Off-season thread - Serenity Now!

Miller's signing is official.

There was much rejoicing...
      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Seeing reports that Miller has officially signed.

A shame that we can’t afford to lose more of our starting 6. There’s a lot of “addition by subtraction” to go around our blue line, and it’s unfair to just single him out.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

This virus schitt is really annoying, isn't it?

I feel horrible for ALL seniors of all college and high school sports; especially if they were in contention. I was listening to a Mark Johnson interview talking about how he told the team. It was heart-breaking.

There's definitely something missing when the girl's & boy's high school tourneys aren't on TV.

I can't imagine the economic impact all of amateur and professional sports have on local communities, not to mention the employees of the venues in which they play. Then there's the betting on the NCAA basketball tourney. This total impact has to be in the billions of dollars.

I'm sitting here doing other things than watching NHL or NCAA hockey on a Friday night, which is weird. About an hour ago, I had to face reality. I canceled my room in Winnipeg for the 25th thru' 29th for a March 27 Avalanche @ Jets game with MCR Jr. It's disappointing, but we'll do it another time. We're both healthy (albeit me carrying around a little extra weight) and that's what it's all about. we are in no way feeling sorry for ourselves; a minor set-back!

Stay well and healthy, boys!
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            Seeing reports that Miller has officially signed.

A shame that we can’t afford to lose more of our starting 6. There’s a lot of “addition by subtraction” to go around our blue line, and it’s unfair to just single him out.
            The ones that I can think of that are not a detriment every single shift: Emberson, Vorlicky, Inamoto, Ess. Probably no chance Captain Kalynuk leaves. We just need more defensive dmen who can make a breakout pass. They don’t need to be Quinn Hughes/Cale Makar.

Comment

You’re very generous in your assessment.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

You’re very generous in your assessment.
                Nah, this is being generous in assessment:
                Good skater. Generally handles the puck really well. Also skilled at using body positioning to protect the puck while he has it. Gets out of the def zone pretty well and is capable of taking it into the off zone without dumping.

Sometimes makes bad passes. And I mean: astonishingly bad. “You just gave up an odd-man rush” bad. Similarly: his defending is alright, but when he makes mistakes, they are back-breakers. Like ignoring a guy camped on your goalies backdoor kind of mistake. He’s okay when he’s not falling asleep in his own zone, but it happens enough that he’s a liability AND THATS AT THE COLLEGE LEVEL.

Right now he’s an awful third pairing guy in the NHL begging to stay in the AHL.
                If someone were to ask me my thoughts on Miller as a player I’d rip his game apart.

Comment

I’ll be honest: I find it weird that Miller is singled out so much.

I’ll agree he has the highest pedigree, and therefore the absolute worst expectation-to-performance ratio, but of his teammates Emberson and Vorlicky weren’t in the same ballpark when it came to being liabilities on defense?

Comment

I’ll agree he has the highest pedigree, and therefore the absolute worst expectation-to-performance ratio, but of his teammates Emberson and Vorlicky weren’t in the same ballpark when it came to being liabilities on defense?
                    I think a combo of draft status and his galling passes directly to the opposition, several in front of his net that really stand out.

I didn’t notice 21 or 7 as much. Usually that’s a good thing for a d-man.

Kalynuk was up there with Miller on dumb passes.
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                      I think a combo of draft status and his galling passes directly to the opposition, several in front of his net that really stand out.

I didn’t notice 21 or 7 as much. Usually that’s a good thing for a d-man.

Kalynuk was up there with Miller on dumb passes.
                      I'll second that notion.

Comment

It's the ratio. And it seemed like he was hyped by Posick and others even when it was obvious that he was more of a liability than an asset.

Vorlicky was right out of HS, he gets a pass on the criticism. I thought Inamoto was right there on the negative side of the ledger too.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Draft status aside, I think he regressed the most out of everyone that returned this year. Is that due to injury? Maybe, maybe not. But I expected more from a guy that looked fantastic as a freshman.

If you check during the beginning of the season, I was definitely "crabby" with Kalynuk. He looked like a deer in headlights, but I also thought he got better as the season went on.

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          It's the ratio. And it seemed like he was hyped by Posick and others even when it was obvious that he was more of a liability than an asset.

Vorlicky was right out of HS, he gets a pass on the criticism. I thought Inamoto was right there on the negative side of the ledger too.
                          My personal opinion is that Inamoto progressed over the last two years. I thought he cut down on the boneheaded penalties and was decent defensively.
                          Last edited by digitalbooya; 03-17-2020, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Caufield coming back. Hopefully he tries in the defensive end next year.

gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Hopefully a lot of players try in the defensive end.

Comment

I’m cool with having fun and winning 20+ games by any means necessary. Even if it means running the 1-1-3.

Comment

Working...
                                X