Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin 2020 Off-season thread - Serenity Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
    Obviously, the season didn’t go as expected with the kind of talent you have (I’m a BU fan, I get it). Some of these one-and-dones are frustrating. But any objective appraisals of Miller’s NHL potential would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Good skater. Generally handles the puck really well. Also skilled at using body positioning to protect the puck while he has it. Gets out of the def zone pretty well and is capable of taking it into the off zone without dumping.

Sometimes makes bad passes. And I mean: astonishingly bad. “You just gave up an odd-man rush” bad. Similarly: his defending is alright, but when he makes mistakes, they are back-breakers. Like ignoring a guy camped on your goalies backdoor kind of mistake. He’s okay when he’s not falling asleep in his own zone, but it happens enough that he’s a liability AND THATS AT THE COLLEGE LEVEL.

Right now he’s an awful third pairing guy in the NHL begging to stay in the AHL.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Re: Wisconsin 2020 Off-season thread - Serenity Now!

12:00 into the new CHN podcast and Adam Wodon finally becomes the first college hockey media figure to say what every right minded badger fan has been saying for a year and a half.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Can you just say it so we don't have to track it down?

Comment

Basically: they were talking about the end of UW’s season, Joe Meloni starts with the usual spiel about how “bad” UW’s goaltending is (which has been the broken record among all college hockey reporters since mid-last season).

Adam Wodon counters with the theory that the defense might be bad, noting how much better Hayton, Jurusik, et al play when they aren’t at UW. They then cap off an earlier talking point about Miller being disinterested in his own zone.

It was like Wodon tapped into our hive mind for a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
            Brian Posick on WIBA AM this morning said K'Andre Miller is expected to sign with New York soon.
            Miller needs a lot of playing time to improve. He does not play with toughness.

He should stay in school.

Now it will ne bus rides and the AHL.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
              Can you just say it so we don't have to track it down?
              https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ontheair/ 9 minutes into podcast

*deleted* explained above
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Turcotte signed. Per Milewski and the Kings’ AHL affiliate on twitter.

He was the one I was most hopeful might actually stay.
                Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 03-11-2020, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Welp, time to start updating the spreadsheet....

Edit: and done...

Washed '19-'20 off the sheet and moved onto next season. (Only Turcotte removed at this point. Others will be removed when official news is released.)
                  Last edited by gwhinwi; 03-11-2020, 06:30 PM.
                  Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    Turcotte signed. Per Milewski and the Kings’ AHL affiliate on twitter.

He was the one I was most hopeful might actually stay.
                    Could be quite a few leaving now. The locker room had to be toxic.

Comment

I find it interesting that Turcotte was very candid about feeling like he struggled this year, yet he did not choose the path of waiting to be dominant at a level before moving up.

I don’t say that necessarily to critique him, or suggest that he is soft, it could also be an indicator of problems in the locker room as you said.

For a team so highly skilled that performed so underwhelmingly, perhaps anything is possible.

Comment

I find it interesting that Turcotte was very candid about feeling like he struggled this year, yet he did not choose the path of waiting to be dominant at a level before moving up.

I don’t say that necessarily to critique him, or suggest that he is soft, it could also be an indicator of problems in the locker room as you said.

For a team so highly skilled that performed so underwhelmingly, perhaps anything is possible.
                        I dunno. With Turcotte, I think the decision had a lot to do with injuries. He’s spent a lot of time the past two years injured. When the Kings gave him an offer, the fact that he’s been hurt two years in a row had to play a role. Basically, am I pushing my luck here if I stay and get hurt again. For a 19 year old kid, it’s hard to walk away from a three year deal when he has suffered multiple injuries now.

This post seems heartfelt. I think it was less locker room and more looking out for himself: https://www.instagram.com/p/B9nWfThgC0g/?igshid=1mdm25inkhjvk

Comment

Yeah, TG had said a few times that Alex would get frustrated especially early in the year and he'd have to talk him back to a good place. The frustration COULD come out of a bit of an entitlement attitude which COULD be an issue in the locker room. It is sad that he isn't trying to avoid the same mistake Alfie did, which all the Turcotte people mentioned as a reason to play college hockey, and to move on up when ready, which he is not doing. I am jacked to stick Matty DSP into his spot and watch him put up 30 pts his Fr year.

If Cole sticks around, he will gain much respect from me anyway; all that goal scoring ability one would think he's be an automatic to leave, though physically he's not there yet. The thing is in the AHL how much strength training do you do vs college? Games and travel may get in the way of the weight room there, but school gets in the way here.

The guy I want to stay the most is Holloway. He didn't get a lot of points this year but clearly he is an impactful player. He's due to explode next year.

The guy I'm most disappointed in is Wiessbach. He's 40 a pt talent, TG needs to figure out how to get him to that level.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Silver Lining with Corona Virus: at least we won't miss any hockey games since our favorite team is done!
                            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                              Silver Lining with Corona Virus: at least we won't miss any hockey games since our favorite team is done!
                              The team was just trying to do their fans the service of saving their travel money. We should be GRATEFUL for what this team did for all of us this year.
                              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                Wisconsin’s GAA just decreased from about 3.8 to 3.0🤣🤣🤣
                                Bahahahaha! I actually burst out laughing reading this! Totally agree with this sentiment.

Comment

Working...
                                X