Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin 2020 Off-season thread - Serenity Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
    I am POSITIVE that someone has that game somewhere...

That would be a fun one to see...
    I’m Going to ask a friend to digitize and upload to YouTube.

PB and John Johannson on the pbp. I loved Johannson providing color.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin 2020 Off-season thread - Serenity Now!

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      So it looks like I was taping the games from pbs not by setting the timer which I should have but hitting record when I got back from madison🙁

1997 - badgers vs goohers, starts with about 5 minutes left in the 1st. Wisconsin wins 3-2. Valley, Reinprecht, Kuk, Raygor, K. Granato, Bianchi, Englehart, Rothering, Craig Anderson etc. Gophs: Berg, Spehar, Kraft, Miskovich, Westrum.

1995 - starts 7:36 into the 2nd. Gophs go up by 4 then badgers score 7 unanswered goals to win. Good guys: Max Williams, Mike Strobel, Shawn Carter. Rats: Bonin, Crowley, Rasmussen, Trebil, Berg.

I know I had games with Heater and Hukalo but can’t find them😡😡😡

A few more tapes to go though.
      I have a gopher game Jan. 28th 1995 The final score was 6 - 5 UW
      UW Hockey NCAA Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Comment

• Originally posted by Terry Switzer View Post
        I have a gopher game Jan. 28th 1995 The final score was 6 - 5 UW
        Nice! From the coliseum or Minneapolis?

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          Tony Granato is NOT a dbag. He’s a Wisconsin legend and buy all accounts a great guy. However, coaching NCAA hockey is something he’s not successful doing. Osiecki too as far as i’m Concerned. The players just aren’t listening to either one.

No matter what, Wisconsin needs to make it into the NCAA playoffs in 20-21 and at minimum mke the frozen four at that. Otherwise fire the entire staff.

...that is, IF there’s even a season to talk about.
          Wisconsin legend? For doing what? Missing the NCAA tournament all 4 years during, what you guys point out every chance you get, the golden years of UW hockey?

You want success, find a guy that actually has a successful track record.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
            Wisconsin legend? For doing what? Missing the NCAA tournament all 4 years during, what you guys point out every chance you get, the golden years of UW hockey?

You want success, find a guy that actually has a successful track record.
            Uhm, they were winning tons of games and in the hunt annually.

Also, How many goals did Granato score? Name the players who scored more goals and points than him at UW. Short list, trust me. That’s why he’s a legend along with his fiery play.

How is it 1 player’s fault they missed the tourney? Paul Ranheim, Mike Richter, Gary Suter, David Maley, Scott Mellanby, Paul Stanton and Steve Tuttle would like your input.

Legendary recruiter Grant Standbrook would also like to know, he was there all 4 years with Granato.

Comment

Uhm, they were winning tons of games and in the hunt annually.

Also, How many goals did Granato score? Name the players who scored more goals and points than him at UW. Short list, trust me. That’s why he’s a legend along with his fiery play.

How is it 1 player’s fault they missed the tourney? Paul Ranheim, Mike Richter, Gary Suter, David Maley, Scott Mellanby, Paul Stanton and Steve Tuttle would like your input.

Legendary recruiter Grant Standbrook would also like to know, he was there all 4 years with Granato.
              So they can score a bunch a goals, but can’t win enough games to make the NCAA tourney? A bunch of big name players, that can’t make an NCAA tourney? I feel like I’ve seen this before... Wait...

Comment

So they can score a bunch a goals, but can’t win enough games to make the NCAA tourney? A bunch of big name players, that can’t make an NCAA tourney? I feel like I’ve seen this before... Wait...
                Uhm, 21, 25, 27 And 23 wins in those 4 seasons. I’d say withNorth of 200 points and 100 goals Granato pulled his weight and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                  Nice! From the coliseum or Minneapolis?
                  Coliseum, Do you think I want to look at the Stupid Letter M on the ice and listen to that M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A chant after every goal. I rather go to Columbus with my wife and watch Ohio State football beat the Crap out of the UW 59 - 0.
                  UW Hockey NCAA Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Comment

• Originally posted by Terry Switzer View Post
                    Coliseum, Do you think I want to look at the Stupid Letter M on the ice and listen to that M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A chant after every goal. I rather go to Columbus with my wife and watch Ohio State football beat the Crap out of the UW 59 - 0.
                    🤣🤣

Comment

Uhm, 21, 25, 27 And 23 wins in those 4 seasons. I’d say withNorth of 200 points and 100 goals Granato pulled his weight and then some.
                      Just wasn’t enough...

Comment

Just wasn’t enough...
                        Since you didn’t see Gary Suter, Tony Granato, Mike Richter, Ranheim, Stanton, Mellanby, Tuttle i’ll Tell you the difference between them and today’s group beyond the fact that collectively the old guard had about 30-35 more wins than this current group: they’d kick the **** out of these badgers about 9-2 every time.

But why don’t you blame Suter o Richter? Ranheim or Tuttle, curious why it’s Granato’s fault vs Jeff Sauer as to why they missed the playoffs those years.

Comment

Since you didn’t see Gary Suter, Tony Granato, Mike Richter, Ranheim, Stanton, Mellanby, Tuttle i’ll Tell you the difference between them and today’s group beyond the fact that collectively the old guard had about 30-35 more wins than this current group: they’d kick the **** out of these badgers about 9-2 every time.

But why don’t you blame Suter o Richter? Ranheim or Tuttle, curious why it’s Granato’s fault vs Jeff Sauer as to why they missed the playoffs those years.
                          I dunno, those guys are pretty old now. Probably be more like 6-2 🤣

Comment

Just got my first "buy season tickets" email...

bwahahahaha....

ahhahahahahaha...

whew...

Ahahahahaha..
                            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                              Just got my first "buy season tickets" email...

bwahahahaha....

ahhahahahahaha...

whew...

Ahahahahaha..
                              I mean, sure there was likely to be some fall off in renewals after the record of last year's team. But seeing as there are plenty of people questioning whether there even will be a college hockey season, I think the question about whether anyone will want to actually go to any arenas or stadiums the rest of this year is the biggest issue for all college sports right now.

Comment

And, going along with the performance of the team, is my main reason for this.

I can't even go anywhere except a grocery store a few days a week and you're expecting me to give my money to you to buy tickets to an event that I can't even picture existing in the fall?

Absolute insanity to send things like this now.
                                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Working...
                                X