Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin 2020 Off-season thread - Serenity Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Vorlicky played a whole year under this regime and saw his draft status drop from 208 in January to not ranked at all. Every draftable player coming or already here saw their draft ranking drop. Very troubling.
    I don't think you can use a draft ranking drop for guys who are not playing at UW against the staff. They had nothing to do with where recruits ended up ranked.

Holloway dropped 2 spots I think and Vorlicky I believe went from unranked to #208 to unranked. Hardly a terrible condemnation.

I know things are bad but not sure this is the smoking gun you'd like it to be.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin 2020 Off-season thread - Serenity Now!

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
      I don't think you can use a draft ranking drop for guys who are not playing at UW against the staff. They had nothing to do with where recruits ended up ranked.

Holloway dropped 2 spots I think and Vorlicky I believe went from unranked to #208 to unranked. Hardly a terrible condemnation.

I know things are bad but not sure this is the smoking gun you'd like it to be.
      We don't need another smoking gun, there's plenty of holes in the bow already. It doesn't bother me one bit that Holloway slide slightly, that is a push and you can plainly see that he's a STUD. The fact that UW is recruiting guys who are not improving and in fact are getting over-run by other players across the board is not a positive. Vorlicky going down after getting coached a full year by UW coaches a very troubling. He played a lot of minutes and there is a lot of film on him now playing against older players.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

We don't need another smoking gun, there's plenty of holes in the bow already. It doesn't bother me one bit that Holloway slide slightly, that is a push and you can plainly see that he's a STUD. The fact that UW is recruiting guys who are not improving and in fact are getting over-run by other players across the board is not a positive. Vorlicky going down after getting coached a full year by UW coaches a very troubling. He played a lot of minutes and there is a lot of film on him now playing against older players.
        You could argue this a lot of ways. Maybe he only got bumped to 208 from unranked because he was going to be playing for Osiecki. If he was never ranked there would be nothing to squawk about. I just think getting wound up about ranking ebbs and flows is reaching. There are clearly issues, I'm not sure this is one of them.

What if he gets drafted despite being unranked? Then is everything better? Draft rankings are fairly meaningless anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
          You could argue this a lot of ways. Maybe he only got bumped to 208 from unranked because he was going to be playing for Osiecki. If he was never ranked there would be nothing to squawk about. I just think getting wound up about ranking ebbs and flows is reaching. There are clearly issues, I'm not sure this is one of them.

What if he gets drafted despite being unranked? Then is everything better? Draft rankings are fairly meaningless anyway.
          Who cares about all this little back and forth chit chat. Granato is in charge of the UW Hockey Program and hes horrible. He shouldn't be allowed to coach high school hockey in the state let alone the UW.

Cant believe the *******s in the UW Administration let this dbag be the coach here.

**** the ****. Nothing will change until the idiot is fired.

Comment

Originally posted by druzy192 View Post
            Who cares about all this little back and forth chit chat. Granato is in charge of the UW Hockey Program and hes horrible. He shouldn't be allowed to coach high school hockey in the state let alone the UW.

Cant believe the *******s in the UW Administration let this dbag be the coach here.

Part 1......Well, um, I like to chit chat about UW hockey, it's kinda like why I come on this site.....

Part 2......Tell us how you really feel and I hope you had a hap hap happy Easter LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by druzy192 View Post

I don't like the direction either, but holy cow. Based on the time and fire here, I am guessing this post was alchohol fuel raged. Happy Easter!
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by druzy192 View Post

Tony Granato is NOT a dbag. He’s a Wisconsin legend and buy all accounts a great guy. However, coaching NCAA hockey is something he’s not successful doing. Osiecki too as far as i’m Concerned. The players just aren’t listening to either one.

No matter what, Wisconsin needs to make it into the NCAA playoffs in 20-21 and at minimum mke the frozen four at that. Otherwise fire the entire staff.

...that is, IF there’s even a season to talk about.
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                  Tony Granato is NOT a dbag. He’s a Wisconsin legend and buy all accounts a great guy. However, coaching NCAA hockey is something he’s not successful doing. Osiecki too as far as i’m Concerned. The players just aren’t listening to either one.

No matter what, Wisconsin needs to make it into the NCAA playoffs in 20-21 and at minimum mke the frozen four at that. Otherwise fire the entire staff.

...that is, IF there’s even a season to talk about.
                  Oz gets a lot of credit for the D under Eaves, but maybe it was Eaves who should get all the credit.

Comment

Oz gets a lot of credit for the D under Eaves, but maybe it was Eaves who should get all the credit.
                    I submit Eaves was a great coach but needed a recruiter. At this point i’d argue the success of the defense under Eaves was due to his systems and his teaching. How about the tOSU D under Osiecki? How was it?

Anyone recall?

Players did improve with Eaves year over year.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Going through old vhs tapes, i’ll Report back on my findings.

I know I have the 1990 and 1992 title games but looks like a half dozen other games as well.

Comment

Going through old vhs tapes, i’ll Report back on my findings.

I know I have the 1990 and 1992 title games but looks like a half dozen other games as well.
                        The others would be the ones that I'd be curious in seeing. Wouldn't ever watch '92 again. I put '90 up on Youtube already.
                        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

So it looks like I was taping the games from pbs not by setting the timer which I should have but hitting record when I got back from madison🙁

1997 - badgers vs goohers, starts with about 5 minutes left in the 1st. Wisconsin wins 3-2. Valley, Reinprecht, Kuk, Raygor, K. Granato, Bianchi, Englehart, Rothering, Craig Anderson etc. Gophs: Berg, Spehar, Kraft, Miskovich, Westrum.

1995 - starts 7:36 into the 2nd. Gophs go up by 4 then badgers score 7 unanswered goals to win. Good guys: Max Williams, Mike Strobel, Shawn Carter. Rats: Bonin, Crowley, Rasmussen, Trebil, Berg.

I know I had games with Heater and Hukalo but can’t find them😡😡😡

A few more tapes to go though.

Comment

So it looks like I was taping the games from pbs not by setting the timer which I should have but hitting record when I got back from madison��

1997 - badgers vs goohers, starts with about 5 minutes left in the 1st. Wisconsin wins 3-2. Valley, Reinprecht, Kuk, Raygor, K. Granato, Bianchi, Englehart, Rothering, Craig Anderson etc. Gophs: Berg, Spehar, Kraft, Miskovich, Westrum.

1995 - starts 7:36 into the 2nd. Gophs go up by 4 then badgers score 7 unanswered goals to win. Good guys: Max Williams, Mike Strobel, Shawn Carter. Rats: Bonin, Crowley, Rasmussen, Trebil, Berg.

I know I had games with Heater and Hukalo but can’t find them������

A few more tapes to go though.
                            I would love to see the OT game in -'03-'04 where Robbie Earl had the hat trick and they beat #1 UND in OT. That was the loudest I've ever heard the Kohl Center and that weekend was just amazing.

Edit: One thing I didn't know is that as of this season, Robbie is still playing in Europe (before COVID.) I was glad to hear that he kept his career going this long.
                            Last edited by gwhinwi; 04-13-2020, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                              I would love to see the OT game in -'03-'04 where Robbie Earl had the hat trick and they beat #1 UND in OT. That was the loudest I've ever heard the Kohl Center and that weekend was just amazing.

Edit: One thing I didn't know is that as of this season, Robbie is still playing in Europe (before COVID.) I was glad to hear that he kept his career going this long.
                              Maaan, I wish I had that one!

I have a full Friday night game vs Nodak (#1 in the country at this point) from the 98-99 season. UW 4 - Nodak 2.

UW: Tanabe, Reinprecht, Kuk, Dessner, Doman, K Granato, Melanson.

Nodak: Blake, Panzer, Hoogsteen, Williamson, Goehring

Comment

Maaan, I wish I had that one!
                                I am POSITIVE that someone has that game somewhere...

I have a full Friday night game vs Nodak (#1 in the country at this point) from the 98-99 season. UW 4 - Nodak 2.

UW: Tanabe, Reinprecht, Kuk, Dessner, Doman, K Granato, Melanson.

Nodak: Blake, Panzer, Hoogsteen, Williamson, Goehring
                                That would be a fun one to see...

Comment

Working...
                                X