Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin 2020 Off-season thread - Serenity Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin 2020 Off-season thread - Serenity Now!

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
    And, going along with the performance of the team, is my main reason for this.

I can't even go anywhere except a grocery store a few days a week and you're expecting me to give my money to you to buy tickets to an event that I can't even picture existing in the fall?

Absolute insanity to send things like this now.
    And maybe some people are financially in a though spot, this seems very insensitive to the patrons of UW hockey. But hey BA needs $$$ to keep the football team afloat.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      And maybe some people are financially in a though spot, this seems very insensitive to the patrons of UW hockey. But hey BA needs $$$ to keep the football team afloat.
      Nothing could possibly ring more true. The whole decision to not allow spring sport athletes to come back next year really leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth. All of the colleges are really going to show their true colors if they can't have kids on campus and play the foosball.
      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
        And, going along with the performance of the team, is my main reason for this.

I can't even go anywhere except a grocery store a few days a week and you're expecting me to give my money to you to buy tickets to an event that I can't even picture existing in the fall?

Absolute insanity to send things like this now.
        I don’t disagree. Just curious - are you an existing season ticket holder? I am, and haven’t received an email. I did get a “support UW Athletics” fundraising email that had a picture of Cole along with other sports athletes, but no season ticket renewal in my inbox.

Comment

Originally posted by sunprairie View Post
          I don’t disagree. Just curious - are you an existing season ticket holder? I am, and haven’t received an email. I did get a “support UW Athletics” fundraising email that had a picture of Cole along with other sports athletes, but no season ticket renewal in my inbox.
          Not an existing ticket holder, but I had conversations about getting tickets last year. That's probably why they are pestering me already.

Comment

Not an existing ticket holder, but I had conversations about getting tickets last year. That's probably why they are pestering me already.
            2 years of being back on the bandwagon (after decades on it before I jumped off), I'm off again. This time it may be permanent. I've mentioned before I used my "UW Money" for NHL games before I came back 2 years ago; that is back on.

The UW, in general, is ****ing me off.

*Sterile atmosphere at the Kohl, thanks to the Nazis;
            *The men's hockey program total failure with no improvement in sight;
            *The way the Emperor treated seniors in spring sports;
            *The UW band department getting rid of the"Preferred Customer" list and now begging for "donations" before you get tickets. (After 30 years of going to concerts, I told them to **** off and take me off their list);
            *I won't bring up their politics (ooops, I just did).

I'll be happy listening to Posick on WIBA and TV.
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I was in the same boat about season tickets last year, I told them I was on the fence and they would not leave me alone. I'm glad I didn't get them and I definitely won't get them this year or probably ever as I like the flexibility to choose what games to go to and how many tickets per event. I do hope they call me.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                2 years of being back on the bandwagon (after decades on it before I jumped off), I'm off again. This time it may be permanent. I've mentioned before I used my "UW Money" for NHL games before I came back 2 years ago; that is back on.

The UW, in general, is ****ing me off.

*Sterile atmosphere at the Kohl, thanks to the Nazis;
                *The men's hockey program total failure with no improvement in sight;
                *The way the Emperor treated seniors in spring sports;
                *The UW band department getting rid of the"Preferred Customer" list and now begging for "donations" before you get tickets. (After 30 years of going to concerts, I told them to **** off and take me off their list);
                *I won't bring up their politics (ooops, I just did).

I'll be happy listening to Posick on WIBA and TV.
                I refuse to buy tickets until they make the NCAA tournament again. It’ll probably be awhile.

Comment

I have Saturday nights season tickets, when you have to drive 2 hours down to watch them lose, you begin to ask yourself is this worth by time and effort. When you can sit home and watch on TV for free.
                  UW Hockey NCAA Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Switzer View Post
                    I have Saturday nights season tickets, when you have to drive 2 hours down to watch them lose, you begin to ask yourself is this worth by time and effort. When you can sit home and watch on TV for free.
                    What section are you in Terry?
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Unfortunately not all the home games are televised on cable/dish. I can't even say if you had BTN+ that you could watch all the home games.

I commend you for driving 2 hours 1 way to watch them play. It's been a tough, what, 6 or 7 years....that is dedication.

Comment

Looks like our off-season prognostications might have to entertain us all the way to the new year: Men’s D-I college hockey conferences making plans for possible shortened season in 2020-21 https://www.uscho.com/2020/04/21/men...on-in-2020-21/

Comment

Sec 128 row J seat one and two, my wife is buckeye fan, so we are there when they play Ohio State. So for 2 hours we hate each other. More if the game goes into overtime. Ha ha Just look for the woman wearing all her buckeye gear she stands out like a sour thumb. But I love her.

Comment

Sec 128 row J seat one and two, my wife is buckeye fan, so we are there when they play Ohio State. So for 2 hours we hate each other. More if the game goes into overtime. Ha ha Just look for the woman wearing all her buckeye gear she stands out like a sour thumb. But I love her.
                            My wife is a UND fan, so whenever we play them we're there together. Quite a few times we have been on the big screen as the "Yay! Boo!" couple.
                            To her credit, she's a UW fan when they are playing anyone else though.

Comment

I used to sit in 217 and there was a gentleman there that drove from the Valley every Saturday night. thought maybe it was the same person....

Does she attend non-osu matchups and cheer for the badgers?
                              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

No she only goes to Ohio State games. Most of the time my father comes with me, as my sister's two children go to school in Madison and my other sister lives there. My wife loves Ohio State football she not a hockey person, plus she goes to as many packers game as she can. She does her thing and I do mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X