Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin 2020 Off-season thread - Serenity Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin 2020 Off-season thread - Serenity Now!

Originally posted by wjefwhite View Post
    I did not know that Wisko. So its got to be something else, right?
    Just read Todd's article on the season ending summary.

There will be no coaching changes. Two new goal tenders coming in. They need a goalie coach IMO. Howard would help but I think that ship sailed. As for the rest of the staff they will be tweaking the systems but who knows what that means.

Defense must improve a lot to compete in the Big 10 next year.

When you combine the last few Eaves years and now the past 3 seasons its been quite some time since the product on the ice has been excellent.

Expect season tix to take a big hit again. The program seems to be going in circles.

Comment

This article is infuriating: https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...127cb4481.html

I wanted to scream when I read it. I am sending an email to Jason King. I will be polite, but I can't believe the comments made in the article.
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
        This article is infuriating: https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...127cb4481.html

I wanted to scream when I read it. I am sending an email to Jason King. I will be polite, but I can't believe the comments made in the article.
        Agreed. I’m going to send an email as well. I don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars on a program going nowhere.

If the quotes represent a true assessment from the coaches, they’re delusional.

One would think most D1 coaches could coax 20 wins from this roster and a gaa Of 3.00 or under.

I’ve never as a fan EVER gone into the offseason thinking the following:

A. Thank god there aren’t any more games
        B. I want the coaches and about 3 players to move on

What a terrible malaise the program is in. Csn’t Wait to watch Nodak tie Michigan with 9 titles and someone can cry to us about parity in college hockey or some other “bush league psychout stuff” :

https://youtu.be/O3_ww66EeN8
        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
          As an Islanders fan, I will be happy to see Miller in the Rangers defensive lineup every time they play them.
          🤣😁😅😆😂🤗
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
            Headline: NY RANGERS HAVE AGREED TO TERMS WITH...

Oh... it's Patrick Khodorenko... not our guy yet.

Always liked Khodo's game a lot. Glad we don't have to play that kid anymore.
            You've got that right, Wisko. Earlier this season I tweeted to Posick that it seemed like Khodorenko was in the league for 6 years. He is a ****ing stud. He'll do fine in the 'chel.

I'll hop on the bus and email King as well.

I was AT LEAST hoping that Strobel would get released to show some kind of "change". I would've liked to have seen that occur and hire a coach that is primarily a goaltender coach but could help in other areas. I don't think they need 3 FULL TIME "player" coaches.

No mention of Noah Grannan for the following year scares me and regarding Mr. Garrity, he'll be the next Johan Blomqvist.

Full disclosure, I'm off the season ticket renewal again and ALREADY setting aside those funds for the NHL next year. I'm back where I was 4 years ago. Fairweather fan? Nope. Like many of you, I've done my time over a few decades for Badger season tickets. As a fan, I've never seen an 8+ year schitt show like this, and with NO improvements. As I wrote a few days ago, I don't have SUCKER written on my forehead any longer.
            Last edited by MadCityRich; 03-10-2020, 10:50 PM.
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Unbelievable, but not really. If TG was Bob Smith who coached in the USHL and D3 for 20 yrs prior to taking over the UW program and he put up the results of the last 4 years, he would be gone.

It's over, there is little hope other than Rowe can have a save % around .91 and the 3 F forwards can be defensively responsible, create some scoring chemistry and maybe have a positive impact in the locker room.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Brian Posick on WIBA AM this morning said K'Andre Miller is expected to sign with New York soon.
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/427-w...ts-n-28237485/

Wisconsin hockey hour from last night. "Interesting" listen. What I heard: a lot of excuses around goalies and being young.
                  Last edited by WiscTJK; 03-11-2020, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Brian Posick on WIBA AM this morning said K'Andre Miller is expected to sign with New York soon.
                    Insert every Happy/Yes Gif available in this comment.
                    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Obviously, the season didn’t go as expected with the kind of talent you have (I’m a BU fan, I get it). Some of these one-and-dones are frustrating. But any objective appraisals of Miller’s NHL potential would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Wisconsin’s GAA just decreased from about 3.8 to 3.0🤣🤣🤣
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Did anyone else find it interesting that no frills defensive-minded Emberson was given an "A" near the end of the season? I do think that is a sign the coaches see what needs to change. Thoughts? Why else would they have done it? Do you really need three captains at all times? Some years I'm not even sure they have had three.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                            Did anyone else find it interesting that no frills defensive-minded Emberson was given an "A" near the end of the season? I do think that is a sign the coaches see what needs to change. Thoughts? Why else would they have done it? Do you really need three captains at all times? Some years I'm not even sure they have had three.
                            Yes I saw it somewhere, maybe in the all access video. I am not sure how much to read into it, but he certainly is my favorite defender to watch work.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                              As to why there was a change with which players had the letters on their sweaters at that point in the season, they made the change when Sean Dhooghe was going to be out for a few weeks. To keep the C/A/A rotation they picked a new third player.
                              As to why they went with that specific player, I do not recall hearing a specific reason.

Comment

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/427-w...ts-n-28237485/

Wisconsin hockey hour from last night. "Interesting" listen. What I heard: a lot of excuses around goalies and being young.
                                They aren’t learning anything from this (publicly).
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X