Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin 2020 Off-season thread - Serenity Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin 2020 Off-season thread - Serenity Now!

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
    With Kalynuk officially turning pro it might be safe to say that our goals against average will go down next year.
    With him and Miller gone for sure. The old addition by subtraction system.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

So what do you guys think the lineup looks like for next year? Any really good players coming in?
      Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      Would it matter if there was?

Matt DSP seems like he’s very good and coming in off of a good year in the USHL.
      Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      With him and Miller gone for sure. The old addition by subtraction system.
      Unfortunately for me, until Granato and staff show success, I will remain pessimistic.
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
        Unfortunately for me, until Granato and staff show success, I will remain pessimistic.
        As you should
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
          I think we all are in that same boat, but it's still fun to take a look at the roster.

Inamoto, Ess, Emberson, Vorlicky are all experienced. Peltonen has been some spot play, not sure if S Donovan saw a lot of ice. Incoming Fr are LaMaster, Kehrer. (Roepke is on the spreadsheet but?)

TG said Peltonen will get into the rotation this year. My hope is with the offensive wonderboys gone that the remaining D protect in front of the net, clear out and deck some players. There's no way guys playing at this level should have zero feel for the game around the net and just all stare at the puck but not be aware where the puck is going to go and control the pass receiving players.

I am hopeful with the changes in C & A that the new leaders will have a positive impact on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            I am hopeful with the changes in C & A that the new leaders will have a positive impact on the team.
            I like that a defensive defenseman is our captain. Our alternates are all fairly sound in our own zone. I wonder if it’s a sign that Granato finally realizes that defense is important.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              Thats the only glimmer of hope that this program has that they may get better. The slight chance that it was the on ice leaders that caused the team to play like sissies... rather than Granato being a poor leader. After 4 years of playing like ballerinas I doubt it. But at least it's something.

If not I'm sure Granato will milk that idea to get himself another 2 years.

Comment

With most of the "privileged" gone, could we get the local sports hacks to NOT prop up anybody next season?

(Todd M, you are NOT a hack.)
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I like that a defensive defenseman is our captain. Our alternates are all fairly sound in our own zone. I wonder if it’s a sign that Granato finally realizes that defense is important.
                  I think Ty Emberson will set a fantastic example for this team, but I'm honestly most excited for Inamoto in the leadership group. Sure he had his share of goofs in past seasons, but he no longer takes the dumb penalties and is a beast in shot-blocking. He seems to have learned a lot from his two years with Tischke and I am really excited to have this defensive corps with so many leaders who I don't think will be afraid to smack around the team.

(Also, anyone got stats on the last time a team had three letter-wearers named Ty? )

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                    With most of the "privileged" gone, could we get the local sports hacks to NOT prop up anybody next season?

(Todd M, you are NOT a hack.)
                    I feel really bad for Posick. He definitely knows good hockey from bad hockey but he's stuck towing the company line. Back in the day the announcers weren't employed by the U, those were the golden years on the radio. I'm always baffled by Bill Brophy, he's such a TG apologist.

Comment

My condolences to the Andringa family on the loss of Robbie. Enjoyed watching him on the ice, and loved his analysis of the games on TV. A truly sad loss for the Badger nation. 2020 can go to hell. This on top of COVID and the flood of my house after dam failure here in Midland, MI. I've had enough of this year.

Comment

Originally posted by srkbadger View Post
                        My condolences to the Andringa family on the loss of Robbie. Enjoyed watching him on the ice, and loved his analysis of the games on TV. A truly sad loss for the Badger nation. 2020 can go to hell. This on top of COVID and the flood of my house after dam failure here in Midland, MI. I've had enough of this year.
                        My thoughts go out to the Andringa family. I had nothing but respect for him as a player and an analyst.

This whole year has been a piece of $#!t.

I won't bother to detail all of the things that I've gone through this year, but suffice to say I am ready for the whole year to be over.
                        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

God ****it!

Rob Andringa was the epitome of what it means to be a Badger.

And he had the talent, grit and smarts. Over 100 points as a dman.

This really hits home as I watched him play at the colesium all 4 years. He was just 3 years older than me.

**** cancer.
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

I have no words. I was hoping to hear him on the radio before........

There's a huge hole in the hockey family. This isn't ****ing fair.

As others have stated, **** 2020.
                            Covid19 and the economy.
                            The ****ing Minneapolis ****.
                            Politics 2020.

Now this....
                            Last edited by MadCityRich; 05-29-2020, 10:47 PM.
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

No idea if Rob is having a drink with me tonight, but I'm definitely having one with him.
                              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

So sad, I meet him only once in 1995 the old Space coaster as I like to call the Coliseum. He will be sadly missed I am going to wear my hockey jersey today and watch the 1990 finals today in his honor, Sieve, Sieve, Sieve.
                                UW Hockey NCAA Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Comment

Working...
                                X