Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin 2020 Off-season thread - Serenity Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    And TG said they wanted and needed him in the line-up, then never put him back in once he was healthy. Where there is smoke....
    I’m really hoping we are just all going stir crazy right now and that we are guessing with limited information. TG did say that. And it’s possible he believed it. Outside of seeing photos from Todd of Sean skating with the other non-dressing players after morning skate in Ohio State, we don’t know for sure that Dhooghe was actually cleared/fully ready for game shape that weekend. Remember they kept Turcotte out at least one weekend after he started back skating with the team. If TG truly believed this team was going to come back and beat OSU, he might have very well been making a coaching decision weighing putting in not-totally-ready Dhooghe and risking further injury vs being able to have him back actually healthy the next weekend against Penn State.

This whole thing is very interesting. He’s definitely not the guy I would have picked to be in this discussion, if this discussion was happening at all. And with one year left and a forced year off, it’s a really interesting decision for a non-drafted guy who has pro aspirations.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin 2020 Off-season thread - Serenity Now!

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
      Wouldn't think we would want to add another upperclassman goalie at this point. That would be a mess considering you have two freshmen who have already signed NLI's.
      True, but 1 guy is a Bloomquist role right? Mercyhurst G Garrett Metcalf is also in the portal.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        True, but 1 guy is a Bloomquist role right? Mercyhurst G Garrett Metcalf is also in the portal.
        I'll ask you this Tim - why would any portal goalie want to come to this team and get lit up all night? Maybe for the education....
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
          I'll ask you this Tim - why would any portal goalie want to come to this team and get lit up all night? Maybe for the education....
          When you say Wisconsin, you said it all!

They may think they can be a solution to a problem and bet on themselves. I kinda wish Jurusik had bet on himself instead of leaving when Hayton got to town. Of course maybe he would not have got any better if he had stayed.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            When you say Wisconsin, you said it all!

They may think they can be a solution to a problem and bet on themselves. I kinda wish Jurusik had bet on himself instead of leaving when Hayton got to town. Of course maybe he would not have got any better if he had stayed.
            I think Jurusik did bet on himself by leaving. When you're a goalie with ambitions beyond college hockey, playing time matters. He knew even if he would be competitive, the new blue chipper was going to get the benefit of the doubt and take more of the initial playing time, even if he would be a bust in the system. He had already made a big sacrifice by coming in to UW a year earlier than he expected and likely before he was ready, and was developing well despite a couple unfortunate injuries his sophomore year. If the thanks for that was bringing in a guy who even before he got here was proven to be the wrong kind of cocky, the correct bet on Jurusik's self was probably the one he took - to go get an extra year in the USHL and then actually lead a team where he could develop into a pretty good college goalie.

Comment

Sean Dhooghe has moved to ASU. Must have wanted warmer weather next season?
              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

I'm really down on this program right now. Some kind of kerfuffle was/is going on in the locker room.

Good for Doogs! (*Not sarcastic) Exciting new program, nice weather, seems like a good staff. What more could you ask for?

Oh yes, hot cheerleaders. San Diablo, no reason to contact the Maricopa County D.A. regarding "that" restraining order. I'm safely (for them) here in Madison. ;-)
                Last edited by MadCityRich; 03-20-2020, 02:18 PM.
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                  I'm really down on this program right now. Some kind of kerfuffle was/is going on in the locker room.

Good for Doogs! (*Not sarcastic) Exciting new program, nice weather, seems like a good staff. What more could you ask for?

Oh yes, hot cheerleaders. San Diablo, no reason to contact the Maricopa County D.A. regarding "that" restraining order. I'm safely (for them) here in Madison. ;-)
                  Just scrolled through the retweets on Dhooge's Tweet announcing his transfer. Interesting to see retweets from Miller and Kalyunuk. Don't know why it's interesting. Just is.

Comment

Originally posted by sunprairie View Post
                    Just scrolled through the retweets on Dhooge's Tweet announcing his transfer. Interesting to see retweets from Miller and Kalyunuk. Don't know why it's interesting. Just is.
                    Also interesting scrolling through and being reminded that he was in Coyotes development camp last season. I've never heard of proximity giving an undrafted player an edge in getting into a professional program, but hey, we're all grasping at straws here.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunprairie View Post
                      I imagine at the end of the day, they all care about each other and are happy for them whatever they do.

The bitterness is probably more of a fan thing.

If he’s eligible next year, that might answer the “is this a grad transfer” thing.
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

Assistant captain transfers? More evidence that the Granato program is a sh*t show. He should have been fired 2 weeks ago. The stupidity in keeping him on, after 4 YEARS of evidence that he is not a good coach, is baffable.

I mean what is the athletic dept waiting for? Being even farther back in last place? Do we gotta be 10 games out of 2nd to last place? What's gotta happen here to stop the stupidity? Un*****in real

Comment

Could be that as part or all of it. The announcement I saw only stated he was looking for more playing time and felt he could get it at ASU. Here is the cut & paste. Title is funny, like there is a D1 PAC-12 hockey conference......

Pac-12 hockey is getting a boost with the transfer of Sean Dhooghe from Wisconsin to Arizona State. Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports

When college hockey returns next season, standout defenseman Sean Dhooghe will be donning a different jersey. Dhooghe, 21, announced on his personal Twitter account Friday afternoon that he will be leaving the University of Wisconsin to play his fourth and final NCAA season with Arizona State University. While this may seem like a downgrade at first glance, Wisconsin was more bark than bite this season, falling incredibly short of its preseason title as a national-championship contender. Additionally, the program has lost two of its best players to the NHL in recent weeks in the L.A. Kings’ Alex Turcotte and the New York Rangers’ K’Andre Miller. Meanwhile, Arizona State again exceeded expectations this season and was likely to qualify for the NCAA tournament for a second year in a row, despite being the most recent addition to Division I college hockey. Dhooghe will have a better chance to stand out and to shake off a down year by his standards by joining an ASU roster that is not as deep as Wisconsin on paper, but he also may have better odds at NCAA postseason glory as well.

Dhooghe, who jumped straight from the U.S. National Team Development Program to the college ranks, is a skilled defenseman who has been a fixture for the U.S. at international camps and events over the years. He plays a smart game with great vision and skating. Why then might you not have heard of him? Dhooghe makes “undersized” look like an understatement, standing at 5-3 and 150 pounds. His size wasn’t a factor in juniors, and he hasn’t let it affect his game at the college level too much, but it is fair to have serious doubts about his pro potential. He hopes to silence his critics with a big first – and last – season at Arizona State next year, which he hopes is followed up by a pro contract.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

Don't worry about the D.A., Sheriff Joe Arpaio has been brought out of retirement to head up ASU security, he has a pair of pink shorts and a tent ready for you if you show up!

Comment

Originally posted by Sol Diablo View Post
                              Could be that as part or all of it. The announcement I saw only stated he was looking for more playing time and felt he could get it at ASU. Here is the cut & paste. Title is funny, like there is a D1 PAC-12 hockey conference......

Pac-12 hockey is getting a boost with the transfer of Sean Dhooghe from Wisconsin to Arizona State. Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports

When college hockey returns next season, standout defenseman Sean Dhooghe will be donning a different jersey. Dhooghe, 21, announced on his personal Twitter account Friday afternoon that he will be leaving the University of Wisconsin to play his fourth and final NCAA season with Arizona State University. While this may seem like a downgrade at first glance, Wisconsin was more bark than bite this season, falling incredibly short of its preseason title as a national-championship contender. Additionally, the program has lost two of its best players to the NHL in recent weeks in the L.A. Kings’ Alex Turcotte and the New York Rangers’ K’Andre Miller. Meanwhile, Arizona State again exceeded expectations this season and was likely to qualify for the NCAA tournament for a second year in a row, despite being the most recent addition to Division I college hockey. Dhooghe will have a better chance to stand out and to shake off a down year by his standards by joining an ASU roster that is not as deep as Wisconsin on paper, but he also may have better odds at NCAA postseason glory as well.

Dhooghe, who jumped straight from the U.S. National Team Development Program to the college ranks, is a skilled defenseman who has been a fixture for the U.S. at international camps and events over the years. He plays a smart game with great vision and skating. Why then might you not have heard of him? Dhooghe makes “undersized” look like an understatement, standing at 5-3 and 150 pounds. His size wasn’t a factor in juniors, and he hasn’t let it affect his game at the college level too much, but it is fair to have serious doubts about his pro potential. He hopes to silence his critics with a big first – and last – season at Arizona State next year, which he hopes is followed up by a pro contract.
                              Personally, I'm putting a lot of stock in that article. The author thinks there is a PAC 12 hockey conference and that Dhooghe is a defensemen.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                                Personally, I'm putting a lot of stock in that article. The author thinks there is a PAC 12 hockey conference and that Dhooghe is a defensemen.
                                Yep. Defenseman Dhooghe! He must have enough credits to graduate transfer.
                                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Working...
                                X