Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin 2020 Off-season thread - Serenity Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin 2020 Off-season thread - Serenity Now!

I wonder if the 2020-21 season will start on time this year. I doubt fall sports will happen right now and fully anticipate winter sports starting in October to be delayed. I hope I am wrong....
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      I wonder if the 2020-21 season will start on time this year. I doubt fall sports will happen right now and fully anticipate winter sports starting in October to be delayed. I hope I am wrong....
      I have a hard time seeing how easily they are going to get sports going where people want to sit around 10,000 other people in an enclosed space (let alone 100,000 for football games.) I think you will find a massively decreased attendance base for every sport for a while. Like you, I might be wrong and hope I am.... but I just can't see how things are going to be "normal" for a while.
      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
        I don't see kids moving into apartments or dorms in July or August to start training for fall sports, I predict face to face teaching re-starts January 2021, unless a vaccine is ready by then.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

That's the kind of thing that I imagine sets the hockey season back a ton.

Rinks aren't open (at least none of the ones in my area are) to allow players to skate much either.

Comment

Social chat anyone?

°How is everybody doing? Mentally? Physically?

°Are you a working "essential" or "non-working non-essential"?

°How are you managing free time if you aren't working?

°If you ARE working, are you concerned about catching the virus?

MrsMadCity is in an essential field where the public is locked out all the time anyway, but she is a bit worried about catching it from another employee. We're pretty much staying away from anybody except for an occasional grocery or Menard's run.

I'm a bit concerned about MadCityJr who works in cardio-pulmonary surgeries at Mayo. He pretty much looks like a spaceman from the second he enters that place, so he's concerned but not really worried.
            MissMadCityJr is an essential also, but she's around 7 or 8 others who are quite serious about safe at home, but one never knows.

You guys stay safe & be well.
            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
              Social chat anyone?

Family is doing alright here. Tired of being at home though.

Both my wife and I are working "essential." She is a nurse though (and is ventilator trained,) so there is a bit of stress worrying about her getting sick eventually.

Every time I'm out of the house, I'm shocked at how many other people are out as well, even with the stay at home order. I hope all of you and your families are doing well and that you all come through this without any issues.

Comment

I work for a small company and am in construction (essential) but sit behind a desk and bid/order stuff/coordinate, so I just go from work to home every day and that it, other than a weekly grocery run. I am very busy right now. I'm avoiding going out in the field.

The wife works from home for 1 job and delivers meals to elderly people for another. The County seems to have their crap together.

Son 1 is a financial planner who is essential (LOL Evers), but is working from home.

Son 2 is a RotoRooter guy, he's in people's houses very day but is rather suited up anyway due to the nature of his job and the home owners are typically not anywhere near him LOL.

We have bunkered my parents in their home, they are not allowed out. My wife's parents are in assisted living places who are also bunkered in.

I read that if a person sneezes the virus can hang in the air for hours in places with no or minimal air curculation, so I and a bit freaked out by that. My Menards/Fleet Farm runs are over.

Our niece has it (Dr has not tested her, but she has all the symptoms). Haven't seen her for months. Dr told her to stay at home and let it run it's course unless her breathing goes south, then to the ER ASAP. If she ends up in the ER they will test her then to confirm.

Comment

Great video from respiratory doc in NY: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wr9Z_enNQ4 Tim this should help you feel better about things.

I am similar to Tim in construction as an estimator and am working at the office, but I typically have one or two or no other people on the whole floor. So I have the office to myself pretty much.

I was to Menards yesterday to get my fisher peanuts and some other supplies and they were wiping down the card reader after every transaction. and every employee had gloves on.

But lots of people there nonetheless. I keep my distance and sanitize before touching my car.
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Was exposed to someone with coronavirus 3 or 4 weeks ago. She did not know she had it at the time. Sat next to her for an hour at a Board Meeting. I either didn't get it or had no/minor symptoms. Her brother was 55 and died from coronavirus. They both contracted it on a trip they were on. Really a sad deal. My wife actually hugged another person who was on the trip who also turned out to be positive but my wife had no symptoms either. We feel fortunate to have really dodged a couple of bullets.

I have two partners and we just started our own financial business late last year. Have kept the office open and I have worked from home for past 3-4 weeks while they have been at office. Stayed separate since we are a small operation in the event the office was exposed so all 3 of use would not be exposed at same time. One of them has a pre-existing condition that would make coronavirus fatal as well, so reducing chance of exposing them.

Stay healthy everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                      Was exposed to someone with coronavirus 3 or 4 weeks ago. She did not know she had it at the time. Sat next to her for an hour at a Board Meeting. I either didn't get it or had no/minor symptoms. Her brother was 55 and died from coronavirus. They both contracted it on a trip they were on. Really a sad deal. My wife actually hugged another person who was on the trip who also turned out to be positive but my wife had no symptoms either. We feel fortunate to have really dodged a couple of bullets.

I have two partners and we just started our own financial business late last year. Have kept the office open and I have worked from home for past 3-4 weeks while they have been at office. Stayed separate since we are a small operation in the event the office was exposed so all 3 of use would not be exposed at same time. One of them has a pre-existing condition that would make coronavirus fatal as well, so reducing chance of exposing them.

Stay healthy everyone.
                      The tough thing about the situation that you describe is that you may have just been a carrier but never got the symptoms. It's such a messed up virus and it's brutal that we don't know if anyone has had it or not unless they have been tested.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                        Social chat anyone?

°How are you managing free time if you aren't working?

MrsMadCity is in an essential field where the public is locked out all the time anyway, but she is a bit worried about catching it from another employee. We're pretty much staying away from anybody except for an occasional grocery or Menard's run.

I'm a bit concerned about MadCityJr who works in cardio-pulmonary surgeries at Mayo. He pretty much looks like a spaceman from the second he enters that place, so he's concerned but not really worried.
                        MissMadCityJr is an essential also, but she's around 7 or 8 others who are quite serious about safe at home, but one never knows.

You guys stay safe & be well.
                        Doing okay so far. Working from home. Unfortunately, mrs. Solo is out of work🙁

With more spare time i’m Catching up on reading. So many books on the shelf that I’m going to get through in the next few months (cause, you know we won’t have sports till at least August).

I’m trying to stay away from reading about the virus and economy right now, it’s incredibly depressing.

Also...for someone who is slightly misanthropic i’m missing my co-workers quite a bit.

Stay safe everyone!!!
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Also, stay clear of the Covid thread here... 4-5-6, that is something that will raise your tension and anger levels over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                            Also, stay clear of the Covid thread here... 4-5-6, that is something that will raise your tension and anger levels over and over.
                            I was reading it for about 2 pages and haven't been back.

I agree, it's pretty much a schitt show and I'm surprised it has lasted THIS long.
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I agree, it's pretty much a schitt show and I'm surprised it has lasted THIS long.
                              Ugh... I really just need to know when to stop looking at things. If the rest of you have steered clear, consider yourself better people for that.

On another note....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7Jnq1XTpFw

Still looking for more old Wisconsin games to watch. I started a thread looking for old games. If anyone has any old tapes or anything, let's try and figure out a way to get them online.

Comment

The women's side has Covid thread that stayed very nice, though it's petered out a bit now.

I've got probably 50 vhs tapes of UW games from the late 80 & 90's. If someone was bored and wanted to convert them to dvd or another digital form, I'd be ok with allowing that to happen to my tapes. Years ago myself, a poster named Terry Switzer and maybe one other person traded tapes with each other, so that added to my library. I even picked up some 1980 Olympic games.

Comment

Working...
                                X