Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin 2020 Off-season thread - Serenity Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin 2020 Off-season thread - Serenity Now!

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
    Yep. Defenseman Dhooghe! He must have enough credits to graduate transfer.
    You must be right. Why transfer if you don't know if you can play next year, if he was an undergrad. Unless he got a sign-off by Wisky.

Comment

If he was a defenseman we might’ve had a better year last year.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        If he was a defenseman we might’ve had a better year last year.
        You beat me to it! 😆
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

So my goal for offseason boredom this year is to do some deep dives on the history of UW: every season, every player.

One thing I’ve looked at is class-by-class scoring and returning scoring in every season.

For example: this season, players returning from last year had scored 87 goals and 236 total points. Those same players score 58 goals and 167 points.

I’ve so far tracked this dating back to the Reinprecht years, and that 33.3% / 29.2% drop in production from returning players is far and away the worst. Very few other seasons have even seen a net decrease in either category, much less a huge drop in both buckets.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            So my goal for offseason boredom this year is to do some deep dives on the history of UW: every season, every player.

One thing I’ve looked at is class-by-class scoring and returning scoring in every season.

For example: this season, players returning from last year had scored 87 goals and 236 total points. Those same players score 58 goals and 167 points.

I’ve so far tracked this dating back to the Reinprecht years, and that 33.3% / 29.2% drop in production from returning players is far and away the worst. Very few other seasons have even seen a net decrease in either category, much less a huge drop in both buckets.
            The fab 4 Fr F and TPB took up 5 prime scoring spots in the top 9 line-up of F and the PP, and Donovan played in 32 games, so it's not crazy that we saw a drop in returning scorers.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Hmmm… makes me wonder what I’d see if I was comparing GPG and PPG then, instead of total Goals and total Points.

Comment

It would be interesting to look at save percentage over the years. These last 7-8 years can't be pretty, but especially bad the last 2.
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                  It would be interesting to look at save percentage over the years. These last 7-8 years can't be pretty, but especially bad the last 2.
                  Joel Rumpel, in the worst season in UW history, still had a save percentage higher than .900.

He’s also the most recent goaltender to be above .900 for a goalie that started at least 5 games in a season for UW.

That was the 2014-15 season.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                    Why do you want to make me jump off a bridge this weekend? I thought we were all friends. It infuriates to think how TG has abused the goalies during his tenure. At least Eaves had a goalie coach.

Comment

Nice article on Turcotte:

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/colle...WiStateJournal
                      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        Why do you want to make me jump off a bridge this weekend? I thought we were all friends. It infuriates to think how TG has abused the goalies during his tenure. At least Eaves had a goalie coach.
                        Not at the end, iirc

Comment

Anybody watch the 2006 regional against Colgate on YouTube/NCAA tonight?

THAT was a team playing with 16 lb balls, heart, passion, you name it. Something this crew we have should be forced to watch.
                          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                            Anybody watch the 2006 regional against Colgate on YouTube/NCAA tonight?

THAT was a team playing with 16 lb balls, heart, passion, you name it. Something this crew we have should be forced to watch.
                            I rewatched most of it. All returning players should be tasked to watch this game, the semi vs Maine and the Championship game to see what team play, defense and killer instinct looks like from a skilled and well coached Wisconsin team.
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                              Not at the end, iirc
                              Eaves was flawed at the end as well as we all know.

I got to watch the last 2 OT's last night. I will try and watch the rest of the game later this week. Even being tired they played with discipline. The UW victory over the rodents in last year's ncaa's is also on there. Enjoy.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X