LSSU Lakers 2020 off-season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2020 off-season thread

Interesting article on teams canceling non-conference flight trips. Makes me wonder if the Lakers will back out going to Union. I wouldn't be surprised.
    https://www.therinklive.com/college/...e-flight-trips
    Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 05-19-2020, 06:39 PM.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

No vaccine,no games .

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
        Interesting article on teams canceling non-conference flight trips. Makes me wonder if the Lakers will back out going to Union. I wouldn't be surprised.
        https://www.therinklive.com/college/...e-flight-trips
        I had been wondering about flights because the airlines have significantly cut back routes and number of flights. The added costs alone for schools makes travel undesirable, and if games are going to be played with little or no ticket revenue, there is a lot of financial hurt. They are likely going to have to cut somewhere, and nonconference flights seem like a logical step, but that definitely stinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
          Same here. Assuming there will be a season, I plan on going up to the Soo for one of the first couple of home series, either in October or early November depending upon how the schedule looks.
          I would rather risk getting sick than to waste 1.5 to 2 years of my life waiting for a vaccine.

Comment

Former Laker Aidan Wright was recently hired as one of the assistant coaches of the Soo Thunderbirds of the NOJHL.
            https://m.facebook.com/SooThunderbir...189735/?type=3

Comment

• Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
              I had been wondering about flights because the airlines have significantly cut back routes and number of flights. The added costs alone for schools makes travel undesirable, and if games are going to be played with little or no ticket revenue, there is a lot of financial hurt. They are likely going to have to cut somewhere, and nonconference flights seem like a logical step, but that definitely stinks.
              For sure. I bet some schools wish we still had the old CCHA and WCHA.

Comment

Well some unfortunate news as UAH will be dropping hockey immediately. The scheduling no doubt will have to to adjusted and changed. How it will be done I have no idea.

Comment

This is the first time a team has folded in a conference the Lakers play in since the UIC Flames in 1996. I remember Jackson or Borek was able to get two UIC players to play for the Lakers. I wonder if Whitten could get any Charger players to play here?

Also I wonder how the schedule gets adjusted? The Lakers were supposed to play UAH 4 times. I'm assuming 2 of the 4 teams the Lakers were supposed to play only twice will be adjusted to play 4 times to makeup the 4 games.
                  Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 05-22-2020, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                    This is the first time a team has folded in a conference the Lakers play in since the UIC Flames in 1996. I remember Jackson or Borek was able to get two UIC players to play for the Lakers. I wonder if Whitten could get any Charger players to play here?

Also I wonder how the schedule gets adjusted? The Lakers were supposed to play UAH 4 times. I'm assuming 2 of the 4 teams the Lakers were supposed to play only twice will be adjusted to play 4 times to makeup the 4 games.
                    With some further rumors that UAH may not be the last to fold this season, I'm sure there's something of a holding pattern going on just in case something else happens within the league.
                    LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

RIP UAH. I will always remember the 0-0 tie game (won in a shootout) with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deman View Post
                        With some further rumors that UAH may not be the last to fold this season, I'm sure there's something of a holding pattern going on just in case something else happens within the league.
                        True since it sounds like both Alaska teams are in trouble again. We'll see what happens. Also we don't know what kind of season we will have whether it's a full, shortened/delayed or no season.
                        Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 05-23-2020, 06:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                          True since it sounds like both Alaska teams are in trouble again. We'll see what happens. Also we don't know what kind of season we will have whether it's a full, shortened/delayed or no season.
                          If that’s the case, I guess we’ll get an early look at what the new CCHA will be like.

Comment

The podcast of last weeks Laker Hockey Talk show has been posted. Sounds like if things go as planned for October, the Lakers will open at Alaska, then go to Union, then play a single game against the NTDP team, then go to Tech, then home against Anchorage as the first full home series of the season. Alec Semandel has entered the transfer portal.

Comment

There's a chance UAH could be saved if enough money is raised from donations. Good luck to them.

Comment

The schedule will remain the same for now as UAH has been saved through fundraising efforts.

Comment

Working...
                                X