Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National Collegiate Women's Quarters - Who advances?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Collegiate Women's Quarters - Who advances?

Which four teams move on to Boston?
    Cornell, Wisconsin, Northeastern, Minnesota
    22.58%
    Cornell, Wisconsin, Northeastern, The Ohio State
    25.81%
    Cornell, Wisconsin, Princeton, Minnesota
    19.35%
    Cornell, Wisconsin, Princeton, The Ohio State
    9.68%
    Cornell, Clarkson, Northeastern, Minnesota
    3.23%
    Cornell, Clarkson, Northeastern, The Ohio State
    9.68%
    Cornell, Clarkson, Princeton, Minnesota
    0.00%
    Cornell, Clarkson, Princeton, The Ohio State
    0.00%
    Mercyhurst, Wisconsin, Northeastern, Minnesota
    0.00%
    Mercyhurst, Wisconsin, Northeastern, The Ohio State
    6.45%
    Mercyhurst, Wisconsin, Princeton, Minnesota
    0.00%
    Mercyhurst, Wisconsin, Princeton, The Ohio State
    0.00%
    Mercyhurst, Clarkson, Northeastern, Minnesota
    0.00%
    Mercyhurst, Clarkson, Northeastern, The Ohio State
    0.00%
    Mercyhurst, Clarkson, Princeton, Minnesota
    0.00%
    Mercyhurst, Clarkson, Princeton, The Ohio State
    3.23%

The poll is expired.

"... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Re: National Collegiate Women's Quarters - Who advances?

I can't see OSU not getting there. Their lack of depth in a single game weekend won't be a problem. At this point they have the best goalie in the wwcha and they play tight D in front of her and in transition. UW is flawed without the superline together, but Soup is playing better and Clarkson is no OSU (as far as I know tonight).
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I have no fking clue
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        I have no fking clue
        This is as wide open a tourney as I can remember. I just don't know anything about Cornell. NE impressed me when UW played them, Princeton impressed my last year (it was last year). UW, UM and Clarkson are flawed. OSU is hot right now.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
          I have no fking clue
          That was the button I was looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
            Which four teams move on to Boston?
            I think you mean which three teams. The Huskies can walk to Agganis from Matthews, and if Princeton wins I bet they aint leavin town: after training at Bright all week they just take the Boston College bound Green Line to BU. (It’s a cruel world.)
            Last edited by thirdtime's . . .; 03-08-2020, 10:37 PM.

Comment

It's too tough to call.
              I watched the WCHA title game today and Wisconsin looked so well balanced with speed, back & fore checking, anticipating OSU's passing and stayed on the attack.
              Then you have Ohio State being tenacious and a goalie who was to me the star of the game!
              But OSU didn't rely on the smooth style of play that Wisconsin has but when those rare opportunities appeared they jumped on them in an all or nothing approach and had the right people in the right place at the right moment to get the win and how can you predict something like that with regularity or accuracy?
              And one last thing - can SOMEBODY take that dam* THE from in front of Ohio State's name? It's truly an embarrassment to real OSU fans!
              Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-08-2020, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                It's too tough to call.
                And one last thing - can SOMEBODY take that dam* THE from in front of Ohio State's name? It's truly an embarrassment to real OSU fans!
                Maybe they should first take it off their main website!
                https://www.osu.edu/
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  This is as wide open a tourney as I can remember. I just don't know anything about Cornell. NE impressed me when UW played them, Princeton impressed my last year (it was last year). UW, UM and Clarkson are flawed. OSU is hot right now.
                  Cornell does have a tie against Union and Hurst took them to OT (but lost) one game, despite being quite outshot. The last two times Hurst made Frozen Four they went through Cornell. Cornell will obviously be a significant favorite, but anything is possible as we all know.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                    Maybe they should first take it off their main website!
                    https://www.osu.edu/
                    Yeah, thanks for reminding me.
                    To me it implies a certain degree of arrogance and self grandeur and that's not something I like to be associated with and many other Buckeyes I know as well.
                    In fact I'm surprised OSU hasn't tried to get a copyright on the word The so it can't be used in the English language without permission and royalties!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                      Yeah, thanks for reminding me.
                      To me it implies a certain degree of arrogance and self grandeur and that's not something I like to be associated with and many other Buckeyes I know as well.
                      In fact I'm surprised OSU hasn't tried to get a copyright on the word The so it can't be used in the English language without permission and royalties!
                      You're joking right? Arrogance and self grandeur have been what OSU and many of its fans have been about for as long as I can remember!

Comment

Does anyone have insider information on streamed / televised games in the quarters? I've checked the team's websites and there aren't any links yet.
                        "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
                          Does anyone have insider information on streamed / televised games in the quarters? I've checked the team's websites and there aren't any links yet.
                          The quarters are always streamed for free, although quality can vary greatly. Keep checking and I'm sure links will be there by game time.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

The opportunity for Wisconsin season ticket holders to buy NCAA tickets happened a couple weeks ago, and I assume a good number of tockets went then, But 'general public' tickets went on sale at 8:30 this morning... and sold out by 9:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
                              You're joking right? Arrogance and self grandeur have been what OSU and many of its fans have been about for as long as I can remember!
                              You'll get attitude like that from people in almost every school that has successful programs.
                              But some of us have moved on from acting like drunken frat guys.
                              Plus my wife's a Wolverine so imagine what THAT'S like having to deal with!

Comment

Working...
                              X