Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National Collegiate Women's Quarters - Who advances?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: National Collegiate Women's Quarters - Who advances?

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    You'll get attitude like that from people in almost every school that has successful programs.
    But some of us have moved on from acting like drunken frat guys.
    Plus my wife's a Wolverine so imagine what THAT'S like having to deal with!
    I was definitely referring to your major sports fans - especially football. I find the OSU women's hockey fans to be great.

And, man, I bet your house is interesting during the college football season!

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
      The quarters are always streamed for free, although quality can vary greatly. Keep checking and I'm sure links will be there by game time.
      Thanks, ARM! I considered heading to Matthews, but if I can stay at home and watch parts or all of the 4 games, I'll be in a happy hockey coma without having to find parking near St. Botolph St.!
      "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

Originally posted by Offsides Guy View Post
        I was definitely referring to your major sports fans - especially football. I find the OSU women's hockey fans to be great.

And, man, I bet your house is interesting during the college football season!
        Thanks for the hockey fan compliment!
        I admit I have been to more than a few football games where I had to admonish my own for their conduct but in the other football stadiums I've been in I feel the home fans conduct is the same, they're just wearing different colors than us.
        And you don't know how bad it gets in my house sometimes. When we were engaged back in '94 we were watching the OSU/Michigan football game on TV at her place in Michigan and it was the first time John Cooper was beating them so I decided to goad her a bit and started singing the Michigan fight song with the words "Hail, Hail, Michigan! The Cesspool of the World!"
        She started punching me in the arm saying "THOSE AREN'T THE RIGHT WORDS!" I replied with a grin saying "Sorry, but those are the only words they teach you where you're going to be living."
        Needless to say I was watching the rest of the game alone!
        Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 03-09-2020, 12:58 PM.

Comment

We're too banged up to beat the Badgers. But if somehow it goes to overtime I'm going all in on Sudden Death Giguere
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            We're too banged up to beat the Badgers. But if somehow it goes to overtime I'm going all in on Sudden Death Giguere
            Head over to the UW thread, we're discussing the matchup.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              Haven’t you been banged up all season long? It’s a one game showdown, anything can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                Haven’t you been banged up all season long? It’s a one game showdown, anything can happen.
                Sand meet bag.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
                  Does anyone have insider information on streamed / televised games in the quarters? I've checked the team's websites and there aren't any links yet.
                  Both the Wisconsin-Clarkson game and the OhioState-Minnesota game show up on the BTN Plus schedule, and the 'link status' implies no subscription necessary.

https://www.btnplus.com/schedule?day=2020-03-14

Comment

As long as the Gophers are still in the running I would never pick anyone else to win. Once they were out of it, which hopefully won't happen, I might even pick those nasty Badgers to win it all, although I'd be cheering for the Buckeyes because of Muzerall and West.
                    Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-10-2020, 03:39 PM. Reason: It's from listening to Glen Sonmor for 40+ years.
                    "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

I guess that I should have included a 17th option for "Only coronavirus advances".
                      "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                      And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I guess that I should have included a 17th option for "Only coronavirus advances".
                        I’m heart goes out to all of the staffs and players. This is really too bad but the right decision. Unprecedented!

Comment

I didn't vote so I WAS RIGHT
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            BC picked a great year to miss out on the tournament, because ultimately, they didn't miss out on anything.
                            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              You could have picked Mercyhurst...You wouldn't have been wrong.
                              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

BC picked a great year to miss out on the tournament, because ultimately, they didn't miss out on anything.
                                Our tournament streak is just as long as everyone else's now!
                                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Working...
                                X