Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2020-21 Penn State Nittany Lions

Originally posted by vicb View Post
    We got ours and No thanks . The cash has already been donated to the Vicb Foundation, to pay for cancer treatment drugs (mine )
    Sincerely, best wishes to you, vicb!

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
      IRS stimulus checks have started going out, so just a reminder: the ZedLeppelin Economy Stimulation Charity Fund is now officially open for donations. Those who donate more than one stimulus check will receive 25 squares of Angel Soft two-ply toilet paper free with my gratitude. I started this charity as a public service - I consider it a civic duty. Together (sort of, but really on my own, with your money), we'll stimulate this economy back to greatness...'murica!

Thank you in advance - you're the best!
      Nope. No one is spending a penny. We all have been reprimanded for not having 3 months cash savings and/or gold. Sorry Zed. Maybe next time we get a stimulus check, probably in about ten years.

Comment

Originally posted by Lindsay View Post
        No one is spending a penny.
        If I get a check, I won't even cash it. I'll just frame it and put it on the wall, because I hear it will have POTUS' name on it, and that's priceless. It can be my brush with greatness.
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
          If I get a check,
          That's a big if...

It can be my brush with greatness.
          Didn't you already have that when you met Grant for the first time?
          At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

If I get a check...
            Sorry to be the one to shatter your dream, but the best highly paid hockey writers don't qualify. The program is intended to help the less fortunate like the rest of us here who, without hockey, truly do need the "stimulation". Wealthy writers are encouraged to treat the time off as a typical paid vacation.
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
              Wealthy writers
              There's an oxymoron.

For me at this point, writing is a hobby, and I've been in work-from-home mode for the last month for the day job. Hopefully, that continues (the "work" part, be it from home or office).

Comment

For me at this point, writing is a hobby, and I've been in work-from-home mode for the last month for the day job. Hopefully, that continues (the "work" part, be it from home or office).
                Huge headline on the front page of this morning's StarTribune: "Job losses grow 'horrific' " So yeah, best of luck keeping your day job until...for as long as you want to keep it.
                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Penn State started a series introducing the incoming freshman class, so I'll post them as they become available. First up is Kiara Zanon:

https://***********/PennStateWHKY/st...21694369497088

Comment

Zed keep on posting away.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                      Zed keep on posting away.
                      Okay, will do

Some stats on incoming freshman Kiara Zanon, who comes to Penn State with big expectations for her, as she's supposed to be pretty "blue chip". Her 2019-20 stats with the PWHL's Kingston Jr. Ice Wolves: 35 games played, 33 goals, 31 assists, for 64 total points. She sounds like the kind of scorer that Penn State really needs. Remember, too, that she scored the winning goal in the U18 gold medal game against Canada (in February, I think).

(EDIT: Nope, that gold medal game was in January)
                      Last edited by ZedLeppelin; 04-22-2020, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Okay, will do

Some stats on incoming freshman Kiara Zanon, who comes to Penn State with big expectations for her, as she's supposed to be pretty "blue chip". Her 2019-20 stats with the PWHL's Kingston Jr. Ice Wolves: 35 games played, 33 goals, 31 assists, for 64 total points. She sounds like the kind of scorer that Penn State really needs. Remember, too, that she scored the winning goal in the U18 gold medal game against Canada (in February, I think).

(EDIT: Nope, that gold medal game was in January)
                        Someone needs to replace Madsen's scoring.
                        Hopefully Wallin and Zanon continue to produce at the next level. I think Lobdell fits in on d too.

I read the Staturday twitter links - PSU is trying!

Comment

This is kind of cool to see, and something really different from Penn State - I hope they keep it up. This video is the first of what they're calling a "Friday Film" series, with assistant coach Allison Coomey breaking down a play that resulted in a goal:

https://***********/i/status/1253710746619465729

Comment

Brenneman must be coming back if they are featuring her movie choices. ☺️
                            Staturday is another PSU feature on twitter.
                            Gangarosa broke the single season scoring D record of Bella Sutton and had the second highest block total in school history behind none other than Kelsey Crowe.
                            Heising joins rare company with three double digit goal scoring years in a row.

Comment

During the season, I brought up the fact that I was told I can't use my little tabletop tripod at Pegula anymore. One staff member at the game, to his credit, tried explaining why. Another staff member at the game couldn't put a coherent explanation together and seemed stumped at having to try. I emailed their superior about possibly changing or updating the policy, so I thought I would share the response I got today (with name and position removed from the email):

"After sharing your question with others involved in game day operations, I am sorry to report that we will not make an amendment to our tripod policy. A “tiny tabletop tripod” is not permitted in Pegula; it would lead to concerns of how and where you are utilizing your cameras and what you are doing with the photos/videos (publishing them on the internet?). This may be construed as acting as professional media without being credentialed, which could lead to complications with name/image/likeness, as well as our media rights contracts with all of our Women’s games being streamed through BTN. "

Comment

This may be construed as acting as professional media without being credentialed, which could lead to complications with name/image/likeness, as well as our media rights contracts with all of our Women’s games being streamed through BTN. "
                                Have you thought about obtaining a media credential? You could reach out to some existing sites that cover women's hockey (e.g., The Ice Garden; or USCHO, but I'm not sure that is the direction that they are going) to see if they have any interest in posting highlights content that you are generating. I'm sure that you would have to sign some agreements that limits what you can post, like the length of the highlights and disclaimers that you have to include. Check with TTT for advice, given he is already doing something similar. In the world of NCAA women's college hockey, "professional" media members are even less professional than pro women's hockey players are.

Good luck! And I don't blame you if you decide that it just isn't worth the trouble.

Comment

Working...
                                X