X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2020-21 NMU Hockey Season

Originally posted by devildog View Post
    Thanks. I appreciate that.
    You're welcome, but a big thanks also goes to Terry Switzer, who sent me his copy of the game to convert and upload.

Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
    BU Hockey highlights and extras
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Found a gem tucked away on the depths of YouTube: The 1980 NCAA Championship game.

Despite the loss, NMU was in a title game just four years after creating the team.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Found a gem tucked away on the depths of YouTube: The 1980 NCAA Championship game.

Despite the loss, NMU was in a title game just four years after creating the team.
        I'm always shocked at how many NMU fans have no idea about that game. Everyone knows 1991. Hardly anyone knows this game.

Even fewer know that 1991 was NMU's THIRD Frozen Four. They also went in 1981, losing to Wisconsin in the semis. Ironically that year also had an NCAA Frozen Four game (3rd Place) against the Techies.
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Thanks for finding this,aparch! I remember watching that live at home. If I remember correctly WNMU aired the game. I was twelve. And I'm not afraid to admit I cried after that game. The name Doug Smail still makes me sick.🙂

Comment

NMU Hockey???? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zTT1Wgayno

Comment

Any news?

Comment

OMG, the "Pledge drive" between periods to cover the $8-10K it took to broadcast the game to North Dakota... Amazing.
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                  OMG, the "Pledge drive" between periods to cover the $8-10K it took to broadcast the game to North Dakota... Amazing.
                  What, you're bored with all the BU games on my drive?

Sean
                  Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                  Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                  BU Hockey highlights and extras
                  NCAA Hockey Financials
                  Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                  I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by DonorRoomDrinker View Post
                    That was interesting.
                    “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                    – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                    when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Originally posted by devildog View Post
                      That was interesting.
                      Here's part two.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

NMU playing NoDak in Grand Forks January 2nd and 3rd. No word yet on a return trip, or if this is just a paid visit.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

NMU playing NoDak in Grand Forks January 2nd and 3rd. No word yet on a return trip, or if this is just a paid visit.
                          Isn't the GLI usually played during the holiday break? That could make scheduling the GLI interesting with Christmas being on Friday of the weekend before.
                          Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                          FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                          NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                          NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                          NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                          NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                          Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                            Isn't the GLI usually played during the holiday break? That could make scheduling the GLI interesting with Christmas being on Friday of the weekend before.
                            It is, but the GLI dates are now dictated by both the Red Wings and Pistons.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Updated 2020-21 NMU Hockey Recruits

April 27th, 2020

Taken From College Hockey, Inc

F - Rylan Van Unen (6'1" 190lbs) - Merritt Centenials (BCHL)
                              F - Cammack Byers (6'0" 175lbs) - Aberdeen Wings (NAHL)
                              F - Connor Marritt (6'2" 200lbs) - Vernon Vipers (BCHL)
                              F - Ian Malcomson (5'8" 170lbs) - Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)
                              F - Grant Johnson (5'9" 170lbs) - Bismark Bobcats (NAHL)
                              F - Mike Colella (5'8" 170lbs) Trail Smoke Eaters (BCHL)
                              C - Brett Willits (5'10" 180lbs) - Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL)
                              C - Reilly Funk (6'3" 190lbs) - Youngstown Phantoms (USHL)
                              C - Parker Lindauer (5'10" 150lbs) - Janesville Jets (NAHL)
                              C - Colton Kalezic (6'1" 180lbs) - Penticton Vees (BCHL)
                              D - Colby Enns (6'2" 200lbs) - Lincoln Stars (USHL)
                              D - Noah Ganske (6'5" 190lbs) - Green Bay Gamblers (USHL)
                              D - James Miller (6'2" 190lbs) - Penticton Vees (BCHL)
                              D - Tim Erkkila (6'1" 185lbs) - Fairbanks Ice Dogs (NAHL)
                              G - Ryan Ullan (6'1" 190lbs) - Bismark Bobcats (NAHL)
                              Last edited by DonorRoomDrinker; 04-27-2020, 09:40 AM.

Comment

The word is that NMU is no longer the 4th team in the GLI for 2020, to be replaced by Harvard.

I don't have any details or a confirmation of this yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X