UNH 2020 Off-Season Thread: That Rinky-Shrinky Thang And Other Lively Banter :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    I'd have to guess at some point, you were one of the lucky 400, or someone very close to you was.

It couldn't be that mileage reimbursements would have been halved (or less)? Or could it?!?

I'd be interested in your thoughts on the site selection, Snives. Why not Manch or Hanover instead?

I sense the greasy fingerprints of the "Madbury Mafia" are all over this one ...
    I have had lots of friends who have served in the NH House and Senate, but none did/do it for the money ($100/yr and no per diem ). But, I suppose that the mileage reimbursement could add up for those daily commutes between Coos County and Concud or the Whitt. :-)

Good question on selection of the Whitt over SNHU (reserved for Trump rallies?) or Thompson (reserved for COVID-19 overflow?).
    Last edited by Snively65; 05-17-2020, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• Re: UNH 2020 Off-Season Thread: That Rinky-Shrinky Thang And Other Lively Banter

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      I have had lots of friends who have served in the NH House and Senate, but none did/do it for the money ($100/yr and no per diem ). But, I suppose that the mileage reimbursement could add up for those daily commutes between Coos County and Concud or the Whitt. :-)

Good question on selection of the Whitt over SNHU (reserved for Trump rallies?) or Thompson (reserved for COVID-19 overflow?).
      Keeps the money in a state account.
      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Re: UNH 2020 Off-Season Thread: That Rinky-Shrinky Thang And Other Lively Banter

Yeah, I've known a few folks in and around Effingwoods who've served, and it's definitely not for those 100 big ones annually. It's why I mentioned mileage reimbursement. But you still haven't shared why there isn't much ride-sharing among House members. Inquiring minds need to know.

Originally posted by Darius View Post
        Keeps the money in a state account.
        Darius wins on a TKO.

I'm pretty sure the scorer's bench at Thompson could handle the (non-existent) COVID-19 overflow.
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

You were right on the money Ref. The ticket info came in today's mail as you predicted. No indication of how many games a full season would have, for me that is just because I love an exhibition game to see the new kids get a shot. Probably send 1/2 payment as that is probably the best we can expect. My piece on the summer utilization of the Whitt was only to make note of one more nail in the no fall games coffin. The ice size aside, we have it on pretty solid grounds that they do need to work on the refrigeration. Embarrassing and aggravating to have a last minute cancelation.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
            Season ticket renewal letter came in the mail yesterday...it gave prices, news, the usual. I would imagine the rest of you would have them? Most likely in tomorrow's mail? The 'zoom' info was in there. No word about when the season would start just the usual rah rah you'd expect. Surprised no one here got that letter...weird.
            Letter and info just arrived in today's mail. Thanks 'Ref!!
            UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
              Letter and info just arrived in today's mail. Thanks 'Ref!!
              Yay! I do what I can...let's hope we have a season to go to!!!
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

How many games are season ticket holders being asked to pay for? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                  How many games are season ticket holders being asked to pay for? Thanks.
                  That info was not given. (Unless I missed it? Anyone?) There were NO dates for anything except that zoom call. Price for my 1 ticket was $343 and at this point, assuming that's for the full season (whatever that may be). They were very generous about paying it over time; 25 bucks secures your seat kind of thing. That's what I gleaned out of it all...
                  Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                    That info was not given. (Unless I missed it? Anyone?) There were NO dates for anything except that zoom call. Price for my 1 ticket was $343 and at this point, assuming that's for the full season (whatever that may be). They were very generous about paying it over time; 25 bucks secures your seat kind of thing. That's what I gleaned out of it all...
                    Thank you. I agree they are billing for a full season. UNH can refund later if the season is shortened or season ticket holders can pay a partial wait and see amount now.

Comment

We have already covered the fact that Tyler Ward will have to sit out (the ice that is) next season right? Guess the NCAA made that official today? OH well...but he will not lose the year correct?. EDIT...does this mean someone like Will Margel would be called up since Tyler can't play?
                      Last edited by HockeyRef; 05-22-2020, 07:27 PM.
                      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

I'll pose my question again, would it be likely, unlikely, that UNH pulls up a player from Jrs since Tyler Ward can't play this season (if we have one)...like Will Margel or are we all set in the forward dept? I see some UAH players are joining other teams wonder if...Hope to listen in on the zoom call tomorrow maybe that, and the refrigeration comes up in the mix...
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Ref! I'll play, although I am willing to bet you were hoping for 1 or 2 others? I see no need to bring anyone in unless it is a true find that is top 6 or 9. Glad that Will M. will have another year to grow before coming. That would make the 2021 team strong. We appear to have enough guys fighting for the last three forward opportunities and god knows they will not get a ton of reps. Hate to seeing a kid come just to ride the or take development games from a future 3/4 liner
                          As noted looking forward to tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by After the Whistle View Post
                            Ref! I'll play, although I am willing to bet you were hoping for 1 or 2 others? I see no need to bring anyone in unless it is a true find that is top 6 or 9. Glad that Will M. will have another year to grow before coming. That would make the 2021 team strong. We appear to have enough guys fighting for the last three forward opportunities and god knows they will not get a ton of reps. Hate to seeing a kid come just to ride the or take development games from a future 3/4 liner
                            As noted looking forward to tomorrow.
                            HI there ATW...That's right, that zoom call is Thursday my mistake. Well, just trying to drum up some UNH hockey convo....Appreciate your response. I agree; we are where we are and a year of Jr.s won't hurt.
                            Let's hope we have some kind of season. If the students are slated to come back, wonder what that looks like for Athletics? Maybe get some answers tomorrow but it's all so up in the air right now. At least we get
                            some professional hockey coming shortly! Go BRUINS!
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Marty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIrN...ature=youtu.be

Comment

Ref, it is interesting how a simple hockey question doesn't garner more response. I thought it was a fair question with clearly no right or wrong answer, but one that most UNH fans would have a thought on. We can at times go on about thinks non hockey (no offense intended) at some length but why not answer or use it as a springboard to " if Chase continues to grow and so and so has the leap we hope for,blah blah." Jusy good pld hockey banter, no attacks just wild speculation and hope.

To me that is hockey banter, no picking at kids just wild hope and speculation.

Comment

Working...
                                X