Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH 2020 Off-Season Thread: That Rinky-Shrinky Thang And Other Lively Banter

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
    Hi ATW. I believe the incoming freshmen for the 2020-21 season will be as follows:
    Defensemen:
    Luke Reid
    Joe Nagle
    Nikolai Jenson
    Forwards:
    Carsen Richels
    Cam Gendron
    Nicholas Cafarelli
    Connor Sweeney
    Goalie:
    Jeremy Forman
    Getting back to UNH Hockey

A quick look at the upcoming freshmen class I have noticed a couple of things. The forward group appears to be bigger than last season's average size. The defense group appears to be smaller than the defensemen that are moving on. Also, the incoming defensemen are all right handed. Last season Maas was the only rightie out of the 6/7 defensemen that played regularly.

Lastly, there does not seem to be a lot of USHL experience in this group. I hope a couple of them are not advancing their development too quickly. Skipping a step or two on the developmental ladder can have negative consequences. Thoughts?

Comment

• Re: UNH 2020 Off-Season Thread: That Rinky-Shrinky Thang And Other Lively Banter

Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Lol, youre revisionist views of your own behavior and your own ever changing ideas never cease to amaze me. If you’re waiting for an apology from me you better get comfortable. I don’t engage in the conversation with you any longer because you are simply not worth engaging with. You are disingenuous and have never been interested in honest conversation On political issues - not matter how hard you try to convince yourself of the opposite. I wouldn’t assume anything from my silence on the topic in this thread unless you want me to make assumptions on your deafening silence and absence in the many threads still actually dedicated to this topic...

You went from COVID is nothing, to COvID in the US will never approach Italy levels to COVID will never approach bad flu levels to death happens (but economy) in a matter of weeks and you still can’t resist taking a victory lap after 100000 deaths in three months (despite necessary and massive implementations). Youre new herd immunity take is nice, how many more hundreds of thousands did you want to sacrifice to move past this on Chuck Murray’s time frame and Chuck Murray’s time frame alone?

You’re takes have proven off base again and again, but I guess you can’t be ‘wrong’ if you continue to move the goal posts and never have any conviction or consistency in your takes. I haven’t felt the need to rejoin the conversation because my stance remains the same - this is a serious issue and preventable deaths should be prevented - and can be prevented with measures that also allow for economic protection. If you feel the need to speak on this regularly to announce once again that your opinion and reason has changed that is your prerogative but it no longer interests me...

Congrats on baiting me - now lecture me on how immature I am in response to your immature bait...
      While I'm not one to try and lecture anyone (unless it's absolutely necessary ), I get the impression you've been looking for just the opportunity in this thread to move on the offensive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN-aXzpQUdw
      Last edited by Scott; 06-04-2020, 12:23 PM.
      UNH

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
        While I'm not one to try and lecture anyone (unless it's absolutely necessary ), I get the impression you've been looking for just the opportunity in this thread to move on the offensive.

Yes, my plan was to avoid the conversation entirely for a couple of months until I was passive aggressively called out in self-aggrandizing fashion for not participating and then...

Pounce!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UO3CaJieLK8
        Last edited by Dan; 06-04-2020, 12:46 PM.
        Live Free or Die!!
        Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          Hey, all high and mighty, Ray Dorn. I do not think that I owe Chuck or anyone else here any apologies. However, Chuck does owe me several beers at Libby's for my wins in his trivia contests. :-)
          Nope, Snives, you're almost always in my good book. And sad to admit, yes, I do still owe you and a couple of others some beers from past off-season contests. I've made good with HR (and I do think one other since), but rest assured, I've not forgotten you or a couple of others on that list.

What follows next may be the most unintentionally hilarious post I've seen on this forum in years, only because Francis Dan "admits" he has "taken the bait", when it wasn't even being laid out for him (or for most of the regular posters on here) …

Originally posted by Dan View Post
          Lol, youre revisionist views of your own behavior and your own ever changing ideas never cease to amaze me. If you’re waiting for an apology from me you better get comfortable. I don’t engage in the conversation with you any longer because you are simply not worth engaging with. You are disingenuous and have never been interested in honest conversation On political issues - not matter how hard you try to convince yourself of the opposite. I wouldn’t assume anything from my silence on the topic in this thread unless you want me to make assumptions on your deafening silence and absence in the many threads still actually dedicated to this topic...

You went from COVID is nothing, to COvID in the US will never approach Italy levels to COVID will never approach bad flu levels to death happens (but economy) in a matter of weeks and you still can’t resist taking a victory lap after 100000 deaths in three months (despite necessary and massive implementations and active under counting). Youre new herd immunity take is nice, how many more hundreds of thousands did you want to sacrifice to move past this on Chuck Murray’s time frame and Chuck Murray’s time frame alone?

You’re takes have proven off base again and again, but I guess you can’t be ‘wrong’ if you continue to move the goal posts and never have any conviction or consistency in your takes. I haven’t felt the need to rejoin the conversation because my stance remains the same - this is a serious issue and preventable deaths should be prevented - and can be prevented with measures that also allow for economic protection. If you feel the need to speak on this regularly to announce that your opinion and reasoning has changed - once again - that is your prerogative but it no longer interests me...

Congrats on baiting me - now lecture me on how immature I am for responding to your immature bait...
          OK, so now here's the best part … I really, truly wasn't aiming this at you. I mean, you and I don't see eye-to-eye, that much has been clear for quite awhile, and I'm OK with that. I've always assumed you were just a younger guy with typically liberal-leaning beliefs, not some fired-up lefty looking to overturn the government. I'm fine with Liberals, but have no time for Lefties. And I've said as much within the last couple of days. You know the old saying "If you're young and not liberal, you have no heart … and if you're old and not conservative, you have no brain", or something like that? That's how I assess the situation with us. NBD.

I don't recall if it was on this thread, or its predecessor, or the one that the Commies over in Faculty Lounge Café hijacked months ago, but there was some serious ***** directed at me - some from Maine folks I used to consider on-line pals - and they've never apologized or taken it back. I remember who, and I promise I won't forget. You'll need to try harder to get onto that list.

Otherwise, on your "content", I'll only say that if you truly believe the US COVID numbers are being underreported, I've got some swampland prime waterfront property on the edge of the WIS Estate with your name on it. There'$ a lot of incentive$ for treater$ and facilitie$ to attach the COVID label to patient$. Believe what you will, but doing what I do, that much I know for fact.

TODAY'S QUIZ: Remember when "CDS" stood for Casey DeSmith?

It now stands for C____ D__________ S_______

Answers on a postcard, or to this thread. Winner(s) to be announced tomorrow.

Originally posted by Scott View Post

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Haha. Sure, Chuck...
            Last edited by Dan; 06-04-2020, 04:13 PM.
            Live Free or Die!!
            Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
              OK, so now here's the best part … I really, truly wasn't aiming this at you. I mean, you and I don't see eye-to-eye, that much has been clear for quite awhile, and I'm OK with that. I've always assumed you were just a younger guy with typically liberal-leaning beliefs, not some fired-up lefty looking to overturn the government. I'm fine with Liberals, but have no time for Lefties. And I've said as much within the last couple of days. You know the old saying "If you're young and not liberal, you have no heart … and if you're old and not conservative, you have no brain", or something like that? That's how I assess the situation with us. NBD.
              Originally posted by Ray Dorn View Post
              A quick look at the upcoming freshmen class I have noticed a couple of things. The forward group appears to be bigger than last season's average size. The defense group appears to be smaller than the defensemen that are moving on. Also, the incoming defensemen are all right handed. Last season Maas was the only rightie out of the 6/7 defensemen that played regularly.
              Apparently the coaching staff shares Chuck's opinion of lefties.
              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

https://www.unh.edu/unhtoday/2020/06/making-history

Looks like they are using all 100' of rink width. Tragedy narrowly averted.
                Last edited by Darius; 06-04-2020, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                  Apparently the coaching staff shares Chuck's opinion of lefties.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                    https://www.unh.edu/unhtoday/2020/06/making-history

Looks like they are using all 100' of rink width. Tragedy narrowly averted.
                    My grandfather, who served in the NH House of Representatives, would have said something like 'You can pick your seat, but you can't pick your relatives'
                    Last edited by e.cat; 06-05-2020, 05:46 PM.
                    UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

In other news, President Dr. Fauci thinks students will be back in classrooms this Fall.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fau...school-in-fall

Watch this space tomorrow for my unique, fully logical AND foolproof (if somewhat controversial) solution on how the HEA season will begin - with fans in the stands - come October ...

Comment

UNH athletic director Marty Scarano is preparing for a fall season unlike any other:
                        https://www.unionleader.com/sports/c...049ee3b10.html

** The UL is getting better at securing their pay site. Let me know if anyone would like me to post the entire article. **

Comment

• Originally posted by CatHatLady View Post
                          What about Quinnipiac for the 12th HE team. Bentley has a nice rink but it's a nightmare to get to for a 7pm puck drop on a Friday night. I think you have to leave at noon in order to avoid rush hour traffic. Quinnipiac has a great rink.
                          Quinnipiac would be a great choice, imo. Good facility, natural rival in nearby UConn, a program that has been competitive in recent history.
                          But I also don't see them as having much incentive to leave, they have been largely trolling the ECAC over the last 8 years (4 regular season titles, a league title, 5 NCAA appearances, 2 Frozen Fours). Does that success carry over if they move to Hockey East? I also think they enjoy the rub of having their school name mentioned along side the Ivies.
                          "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                          Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                          NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                          EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                          AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                          1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
                            Quinnipiac would be a great choice, imo. Good facility, natural rival in nearby UConn, a program that has been competitive in recent history.
                            But I also don't see them as having much incentive to leave, they have been largely trolling the ECAC over the last 8 years (4 regular season titles, a league title, 5 NCAA appearances, 2 Frozen Fours). Does that success carry over if they move to Hockey East? I also think they enjoy the rub of having their school name mentioned along side the Ivies.
                            Rand Pecknolds nephew just graduated from my hs yesterday..anyway QU would be a great choice not sure their rink "meets" HE standards and good luck getting a ticket to a home game from what I hear...
                            I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                              Rand Pecknolds nephew just graduated from my hs yesterday..anyway QU would be a great choice not sure their rink "meets" HE standards and good luck getting a ticket to a home game from what I hear...
                              You are right in that the rules require 4,000 seats (QPac currently has 3,386), but the league has also decided it's rules are written in pencil and not ink with UConn who got a waiver for 2,500 and are planning to build with the ability to later expand to 3,500.
                              It is also a much nicer facility than the two others who have been grandfathered, Merrimack (2,549) and Providence (3,030); or Gutterson for that matter, which is just barely over the 4,000 minimum standard.
                              "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                              Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                              NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                              EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                              AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                              1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
                                Pretty much agree with everything in ClOuD 9's post.

Now, if someone with power in HEA had some foresight about a decade ago, and made them an offer before Quinnipiac got all snug & comfy in their new digs "trolling the ECAC" (LOL ) instead of playing Fantasy D-1 Hockey Commish and wasted their time and political capital with the (crack)pipe dream of adding NICC to the league, this could already have been a happy reality.

But Joey Buttons ******ed away that opportunity, and here we are, left wondering "what if?" …

P.S. - decided to skip on my promised "solution" a few posts ago. After some thought, I'd prefer to avoid suspension, thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
                                X