Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2020 NCAA Championship Thread

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    I know that's been rumored. If so, I wonder if I can go crazy -- go to Utica, hope there's no OT (though I know I said I wanted triple OT just to mess up the Aud...) and then go to Geneseo. That would be pretty wild.
    It's definitely Saturday at noon, tickets go on sale this Wednesday at 10 am

Comment

I am sure this topic has been covered and re-covered on these threads over the years, but I'll throw it there anyway. D1 has 60 something teams and 16 teams qualify for their tourney and D3 has 80 plus teams and only 12 teams qualify. OK, pile it on me for my ingnorance!

Comment

Originally posted by JWillsNH View Post
        It's definitely Saturday at noon, tickets go on sale this Wednesday at 10 am
        Thanks. Time to start planning...
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
          You should leave the AUD immediately at the conclusion of the game or you might be asked to help convert from ice hockey to indoor kick ball.
          We just had a 10 team 8U tournament yesterday and then had to immediately tear down the rink (boards,glass,benches, ect) as soon as the sudden death overtime goal was scored for a motocross show. Not any fun. I'd be leaving before hand so you dont even take the chance lol
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by dinocoach View Post
            I am sure this topic has been covered and re-covered on these threads over the years, but I'll throw it there anyway. D1 has 60 something teams and 16 teams qualify for their tourney and D3 has 80 plus teams and only 12 teams qualify. OK, pile it on me for my ingnorance!
            First of all, different rules for D1 and D3. So, don't bother comparing.

For D3, and this goes for all sports, the rule is one slot for every 6.5 teams that play the sport (though football, due to the nature of that sport, actually should have more teams than they have in the tournament). Thus, for D3 men's hockey, that equates to 12 teams. For women, it's 10. Also, the largest a tournament can be is 64, so the sports most played, like BB and soccer, can never go beyond 64 even if the ratio says they should.

(And now Fishman will chime in accusing me of being nothing more than a sycophant for the NCAA for merely explaining the process.)
            Russell Jaslow

Comment

I was going to give the same explanation and expecting the same response
              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

There’s a reason why everyone hates your guts on here.
                I feel good about bringing people together. That's the kind of guy I am.

Comment

Also, the largest a tournament can be is 64, so the sports most played, like BB and soccer, can never go beyond 64 even if the ratio says they should.
                  ummmmmm.......doesn't D-1 men's basketball have 68 teams in the tournament?
                  2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                  2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                  2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                  2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                  2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                  2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                  2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                  Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                  1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                    The team that was "displaced" as you put it was Trinity, which happened to be the team they beat.

You have to play with the rules you are given. The NCAA sets the rules, and the teams have to play with them. No value in griping about the rules

How do you feel about the electoral college? Should we pretend that Hillary Clinton is POTUS because she got more votes in the 2016 election? I'm not making a political statement here, but it is a similar situation. A rule that many people regard as unfair. We have to work with the system we are given. if we don't like it, unless/until it is changed we live with it.
                    Complaining about injustice can effect change, if enough people do it.

I would speculate that the elimination of the smoky-room selection process for AL's is a case in point. (Please comment if you have any insights regarding that.)

Still some work to be done, though.

Comment

• Re: 2020 NCAA Championship Thread

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                      One team was just better at hiding their infractions right
                      Perhaps...I've moved on,volleyball is the new hockey for me

Comment

Originally posted by ucbadger View Post
                        ummmmmm.......doesn't d-1 men's basketball have 68 teams in the tournament? :d:d:d
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
                          ummmmmm.......doesn't D-1 men's basketball have 68 teams in the tournament?
                          in case you're wondering and caught my initial response, I'm an idiot.
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

in case you're wondering and caught my initial response, I'm an idiot.
                            But that's D1, so rules don't apply. The teams in the "play in" rounds aren't given a seed unless they win, but those teams are given credit for being in the tournament.
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                              But that's D1, so rules don't apply. The teams in the "play in" rounds aren't given a seed unless they win, but those teams are given credit for being in the tournament.
                              I know. But I was a bit meaner in my initial response, and didn't really notice all the smileys, since Badger was just trying (successfully, I might add) to rile me up.
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Genny got screwed ! They should be in opposite half of draw from Norwich plain and simple. They were top 2 teams in country for most of the season - why have them meet in semi-finals? Whatever cross-eyed mental midgets made up the draw need to switch Genny with Utica.

Comment

Working...
                                X