Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2020 NCAA Championship Thread

Originally posted by capswon View Post
    Which is what I said earlier. These dates whether they come to fruition or not are all planned on. Possible dates, possible times all are futured out. Again Saturday 12pm.
    I was referring to your suggestion they could use a different facility. They can't. Because it won’t be in the bid.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
      Utica fans sure have reading comprehension issues...
      Thing is, I don't read much of your stuff, and I barely skim PSUCk's posts. You guys don't make a ton of sense, either.

To get back to the meat of the discussion here, the NCAA thing is fairly idiotic, and you old guys just appear to live to defend the "process", as though it's a tablet from God.

Yes, yes, yes, this is how it's been for decades -as though that history lends it any credence whatsoever- but it's seriously stupid at the end of the day.

Straight PWR, or KRACH, or RPI... Pick one, and go with it. The absurd AQ's simply make no sense. (Not that Platty is within a mile of an AQ, but you get it.)

And now # 23 Wesleyan has displaced somebody, at 15-10, and with a feeble SOS.

Hope you're all happy!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        Thing is, I don't read much of your stuff, and I barely skim PSUCk's posts. You guys don't make a ton of sense, either.

To get back to the meat of the discussion here, the NCAA thing is fairly idiotic, and you old guys just appear to live to defend the "process", as though it's a tablet from God.

Yes, yes, yes, this is how it's been for decades -as though that history lends it any credence whatsoever- but it's seriously stupid at the end of the day.

Straight PWR, or KRACH, or RPI... Pick one, and go with it. The absurd AQ's simply make no sense. (Not that Platty is within a mile of an AQ, but you get it.)

Hope you're all happy!
        Yep, you really don’t get a thing we say. Because no matter how many times we agree to certain parts of your argument, you keep going back to saying we completely kowtow to the NCAA when all we’re doing sometimes is simply explaining things so people at least know the process. It has never meant we agree with all of it.

There’s a reason why everyone hates your guts on here.
        Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
          The team that was "displaced" as you put it was Trinity, which happened to be the team they beat.

You have to play with the rules you are given. The NCAA sets the rules, and the teams have to play with them. No value in griping about the rules

How do you feel about the electoral college? Should we pretend that Hillary Clinton is POTUS because she got more votes in the 2016 election? I'm not making a political statement here, but it is a similar situation. A rule that many people regard as unfair. We have to work with the system we are given. if we don't like it, unless/until it is changed we live with it.
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Yep, you really don’t get a thing we say. Because no matter how many times we agree to certain parts of your argument, you keep going back to saying we completely kowtow to the NCAA when all we’re doing sometimes is simply explaining things so people at least know the process. It has never meant we agree with all of it.

There’s a reason why everyone hates your guts on here

Comment

When does the bracket come out?
              #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                When does the bracket come out?
                1030 am today

https://www.ncaa.com/sports/icehockey-men/d3
                Remy Babineaux
                remyb616@gmail.com
                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

I was referring to your suggestion they could use a different facility. They can't. Because it won’t be in the bid.
                  I never suggested an alternative site. I have only brought up playing at the AUD as the only option due to planning all of this stuff way ahead of time.

Comment

Originally posted by capswon View Post
                    I never suggested an alternative site. I have only brought up playing at the AUD as the only option due to planning all of this stuff way ahead of time.
                    It was someone else. Sorry. I understand your response now.
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

No worries, I get misquoted enough at work. At least you offered up a mea culpa.

Comment

See...and you can admit when you're wrong and move on.

That is why we DONT hate your guts on here lol
                        Last edited by PSUChamps2001; 03-09-2020, 07:33 AM.
                        Remy Babineaux
                        remyb616@gmail.com
                        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

D3 Hoops Tourney Games being played with with zero spectators at campus sites...no official word on semis and finals.
                          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                            See...and you can admit when you're wrong and move on.

That is why we DONT hate your guts on here lol
                            Yeah, but what about those old D3hockey email list days between us...?
                            Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 03-09-2020, 08:18 AM.
                            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                              D3 Hoops Tourney Games being played with with zero spectators at campus sites...no official word on semis and finals.
                              Not everywhere. Just some places. As far as I know, Brockport is selling tickets for their game this Saturday.

And this year, there is no Final Four. The championship game (along with D2 final) is in Atlanta during the D1 Final Four weekend. The D2 and D3 finals are on the off day in a smaller arena ... and the admission is free.

The quarterfinals and semifinals are being played at a neutral site in Fort Wayne, IN.
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Yeah, but what about those old D3hockey email list days between us...?
                                That's just because you're a Potsdam fan jk and you normally have some sort of common sense and or statistical data to back up a point....not just because "I said so" like others on here. And you can count over 20 with out taking your shoes off. Tho we will always have a different opinion about 1987 opps sorry I shouldn't talk about the past, it might offend others who dont have one. My bad. There were only a few hundred people at that game too...
                                Remy Babineaux
                                remyb616@gmail.com
                                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                                X