2020 NCAA Championship Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2020 NCAA Championship Thread

Don't forget, they also have to factor in practice time... I believe the NCAA mandates ice time leading up to the game, don't they? And it has to be at the game site?
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
      Don't forget, they also have to factor in practice time... I believe the NCAA mandates ice time leading up to the game, don't they? And it has to be at the game site?
      Ask Plattsburgh all about it. Remember that they had to give up a home game so the Women could hold the Final 4.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

#1. Whoever manages the Aud will not give up any portions of the gate for a UC game.
        #2. I am sure the rink staff will have all hands on deck to make the transition.
        #3. When making schedules these things are looked at even if they dont come to fruition, such as NCAA playoff game.
        Either way I think you are looking at a noon puck drop on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by puckme View Post
          When would Utica be able to host any games? The Aud has AHL hockey next Friday the 13th. at 7, MASL (indoor soccer) Saturday at 7, and Sunday at 2. The following week they have the AHL on the 20th at 7, soccer on Saturday at 7 and AHL at 3 on Sunday the 22nd.
          Checked the Kennedy Arena calendar and it's wide open Fri 3/20 and Sat 3/21. Prefer this as opposed to potentially giving up the home game.

Comment

Originally posted by jcase View Post
            Checked the Kennedy Arena calendar and it's wide open Fri 3/20 and Sat 3/21. Prefer this as opposed to potentially giving up the home game.
            Has to be at your home rink ..

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
              Has to be at your home rink ..
              Does the skate time have to be at your home rink? I seem to remember the Platty issue was finding enough time for 6 teams to have mandated skating time, let alone approval for the game starting times.... Sucks no matter what...a good UC lawyer should probably read the lease...???
              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

The NCAA won’t allow that.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by capswon View Post
                  #1. Whoever manages the Aud will not give up any portions of the gate for a UC game.
                  #2. I am sure the rink staff will have all hands on deck to make the transition.
                  #3. When making schedules these things are looked at even if they dont come to fruition, such as NCAA playoff game.
                  Either way I think you are looking at a noon puck drop on Saturday.
                  What do the contracts say? That will be the ultimate decision maker.
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                    Does the skate time have to be at your home rink? I seem to remember the Platty issue was finding enough time for 6 teams to have mandated skating time, let alone approval for the game starting times.... Sucks no matter what...a good UC lawyer should probably read the lease...???
                    My guess is yes, the practice has to be at the game facility.
                    Steve
                    Penn State Class of '95
                    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Practice can/should be on Friday, right?
                      2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                      2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                      2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                      2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                      2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                      2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                      2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                      Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                      1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                        The NCAA won’t allow that.
                        Probably not but I don't think the NCAA is as rigid as some believe.
                        In '13 there was a similar problem with the NYS HS Championships in the Aud no one thought the NCAA would allow UC an 8:30p start but they did.

Semantics, but if one takes the text of the manual as gospel, technically the Aud is non-compliant.
                        "The championship playoff format involves four single first-round games and four quarterfinal games that are played on the campuses of the participating institutions" - NCAA Pre-Championship 2019-20 Manual

One thing I am sure of is something will be worked out.

Comment

If you are hosting, the site must be your home rink - defined as the site at which a majority of your home games were played in the current season. No, things are not "worked out" unless neither team can host at their home rink. "Campus sites" refers to the home rink of one of the participating teams. Many schools have home rinks that are not on campus.
                          Last edited by NUProf; 03-08-2020, 12:48 PM.
                          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
                            Practice can/should be on Friday, right?
                            ....then there's the morning skate...
                            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Don't look now, but Wesleyan is leading Trinity 5-2 about halfway through the 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                                ....then there's the morning skate...
                                If its a noon game the morning skate isnt necessary

Comment

Working...
                                X