Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 NCAA Championship Thread

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    That was a case in point. M'ville was like #23 in the PW, yet ousted Utica (Adrian, too? Don't know) on the basis of a single "mini-game".

Seriously dumb.

We're looking at #22, #34 and #40 PW teams just taking up space in the tournament this year. If you're going to bother do this, do it right.

Russ and Prof will hope to bury this post, but facts is facts.
    "Facts is facts"? Putting this after your opinion doesn't make it facts. Stating it over and over doesn't make it facts. Wishing so hard you wet yourself doesn't make it facts......
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by golightning77 View Post
      Now the crap about pairwise would be,,, had Stevens Point beat Eau Claire they still might have not got in and Eau Claire would have,,,
      Now that would have been a screw job
      They should have thought about this before jumping ship from the old NCHA.
      5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
      2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

have not read the whole thread so forgive me if this was asked, what size sheet will the boys be playing on??

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
          You haven't answered my question about the electoral college yet. The teams that aren't in had the opportunity to get in, but they didn't. That's all that happened.
          The Electoral College is definitely an anachronism, since you asked. One person, one vote; it's as simple as that to me.

Why should a Wyoming vote count as x 3.71 a California vote? That's *nearly* as absurd as the D-3 AQ's.
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-10-2020, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by berbs91 View Post
            By your logic, let’s hold the NCAA tournament, but give the trophy to the team with the highest PW ranking at the end of the tournament.

This is a tournament of champions, win your conference autobid and get in, otherwise consider yourself lucky to have gotten a second chance.
            This is the usual dumb argument: just win the last couple of games (even if you go 4-21 on the season) and that alone makes you worthy to displace teams that have a much much better body of work.

Come on.

Some traditionalists natter-on in an annual attempt to rationalize this system, but it's logically indefensible by any reasonable measure.
            Last edited by Fishman'81; 03-10-2020, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              The Electoral College is definitely an anachronism, since you asked. One person, one vote; it's as simple as that to me.

Why should a Wyoming vote count as x 3.71 a California vote? That's *nearly* as absurd as the D-3 AQ's.
              Because people don't s%!t on the streets of Wyoming?
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                This was a 10!

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                  have not read the whole thread so forgive me if this was asked, what size sheet will the boys be playing on??
                  F4 in Buffalo will be on 200x85. Most of the 1st and QF rounds will be the same. Norwich is 200x90. I don’t believe any of the hosting schools have 200x100.

r

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
                    F4 in Buffalo will be on 200x85. Most of the 1st and QF rounds will be the same. Norwich is 200x90. I don’t believe any of the hosting schools have 200x100.

r
                    Thanks makes sense to me to play on the 200x85ish,when it seems most play on it during the regular season...

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      We have a winner!!!!!
                      Steve
                      Penn State Class of '95

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Wow. Harvard forfeits remainder of season due to Covid-19.
                        2006, 2010 ECAC West Pick'Em Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by smbenny View Post
                          Wow. Harvard forfeits remainder of season due to Covid-19.
                          Yeah, TBH I'm starting to get a little concerned about the status of the tournament coming up with all this going on. More and more teams, professional and college, are either playing games without fans or suspending the games. Have to wait and see if the NCAA & colleges make any kind of decision.
                          Last edited by UCfan30; 03-11-2020, 01:59 PM.
                          Utica Pioneers Hockey
                          2012-13 Frozen Four Semi-Finalist
                          2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 UCHC Regular Season Champs
                          2017-18 UCHC Tournament Champions
                          2019-20 UCHC Tournament Champions

Comment

Feels like 50-50 or worse that we even have a Frozen Four this year
                            #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by UCfan30 View Post
                              Yeah, TBH I'm starting to get a little concerned about the status of the tournament coming up with all this going on. More and more teams, professional and college, are either playing games without fans or suspending the games. Have to wait and see if the NCAA & colleges make any kind of decision.
                              I think Goveror Cuomo is going to take care of your game by the weekend. He's running out of edicts to issue so I'm guessing sports is next up... now that he closed SUNY and CUNY campuses.
                              Steve
                              Penn State Class of '95

Comment

This may change your travel plans

The Erie County Department of Health has banned spectators from LECOM-HarborCenter in Buffalo for the NY high school hockey championships. That arena is the site of @Atlantic_Hockey’s final four March 20 and 21.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X