Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    I hate stupidity. Absolutely hate it.
    And every response you give makes you sound like a real Richard!
    Board know it all is one thing,, but a nasty jack Dookey is another

Comment

• Re: 2020 NCAA Championship Thread

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
      The NCAA release, if you actually read it, was very clear. It left no doubt what it included, which was everything.
      The headline writers chose to focus on DI basketball, because to them, DII and DIII sports don't exist, and neither do any DI sports outside of FB and BB.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

It would’ve been Norwich over Eau Claire in the final.

Comment

Originally posted by golightning77 View Post
          and every response you give makes you sound like a real richard!
          Board know it all is one thing,, but a nasty jack dookey is another

Now, please take some spelling and grammar lessons.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
            The headline writers chose to focus on DI basketball, because to them, DII and DIII sports don't exist, and neither do any DI sports outside of FB and BB.
            Which is why I said the official "release," which was not difficult to find on the front page of ncaa.com.
            Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              This is the usual dumb argument: just win the last couple of games (even if you go 4-21 on the season) and that alone makes you worthy to displace teams that have a much much better body of work.

Come on.

Some traditionalists natter-on in an annual attempt to rationalize this system, but it's logically indefensible by any reasonable measure.

This is how most if not all the other NCAA tournaments work. A lot of conferences get autobids. The difference being only 12 teams make NCAA D3 so you have teams that aren't as good displacing good teams when they win their conference. Compared to the other sports (BB, Football, Baseball, where 32+ teams make it) they can make up for it by giving the autobids a spot, but also putting in deserving teams and ranking the not great AQ's low rankings in the tournament.

For example Robert Morris won their conference and got an autobid for the CBB D1 NCAA tournament, but were most likely going to have to do the play in game, or would be ranked 15 or 16.

If they did 16 teams which is what D1 hockey does and is the lowest number of any of the other sports, you would have a few more deserving teams get in and would limit the issue of when upsets occur.

Comment

Originally posted by abcpens10 View Post
                This is how most if not all the other NCAA tournaments work. A lot of conferences get autobids. The difference being only 12 teams make NCAA D3 so you have teams that aren't as good displacing good teams when they win their conference. Compared to the other sports (BB, Football, Baseball, where 32+ teams make it) they can make up for it by giving the autobids a spot, but also putting in deserving teams and ranking the not great AQ's low rankings in the tournament.

For example Robert Morris won their conference and got an autobid for the CBB D1 NCAA tournament, but were most likely going to have to do the play in game, or would be ranked 15 or 16.

If they did 16 teams which is what D1 hockey does and is the lowest number of any of the other sports, you would have a few more deserving teams get in and would limit the issue of when upsets occur.
                For your first post, you decided to tread on this dangerous turf?

Don't poke the bear.
                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Do we do the old TOP (Tournament of Posters) to help pass the time?
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                    And knowing you, you would pit me and Fishman against each other in the first round bracket.
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                      On a personal level, at least I now have time this weekend to do my taxes.
                      Russell Jaslow

Comment

And knowing you, you would pit me and Fishman against each other in the first round bracket.
                        Making popcorn.....
                        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

For your first post, you decided to tread on this dangerous turf?

Don't poke the bear.
                          Definitely dangerous territory, but if you do it just by Pairwise, there is no reason to have conferences, and I have been an advocate to have 16 teams make it. Just a few years ago only 11 made it, and they just bumped it up to 12.

I get the point 2 or 3 upsets and you have teams that have a terrible body of work making the Tournament, increasing to 16 teams would allow "more deserving" teams to play.

Comment

• Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                            Well that shouldn't take too long...

lol
                            2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                            2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                            2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                            2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                            2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                            2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                            2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                            Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                            1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Originally posted by abcpens10 View Post
                              Definitely dangerous territory, but if you do it just by Pairwise, there is no reason to have conferences, and I have been an advocate to have 16 teams make it. Just a few years ago only 11 made it, and they just bumped it up to 12.

I get the point 2 or 3 upsets and you have teams that have a terrible body of work making the Tournament, increasing to 16 teams would allow "more deserving" teams to play.
                              Not to sound like a jerk, because golightning will jump all over me, but we've argued this a million times over the past umpteen years. I don't think anyone at this juncture of a cancelled playoff season is in the mood to rehash it all over again right now.
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                                Making popcorn.....
                                Bringing the beer....
                                Steve
                                Penn State Class of '95
                                Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Working...
                                X