2020 NCAA Championship Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 NCAA Championship Thread

Ok lets scrap the current 12 team format, top four teams that received byes play this weekend. Frozen 4 becomes a pay per view and Monday we can b%t@h about the refs an celebrate
    the national champion. Cx sucks - but guessing the season will come to a close soon with no winner an lot of what ifs.

Comment

• Originally posted by nascoo View Post
      Ok lets scrap the current 12 team format, top four teams that received byes play this weekend. Frozen 4 becomes a pay per view and Monday we can b%t@h about the refs an celebrate
      the national champion. Cx sucks - but guessing the season will come to a close soon with no winner an lot of what ifs.
      Or since there would be no mileage restriction,,, the top 4 pairwise teams might be more fair then who got the bye ,,, kidding , I agree there will be no champion this year

Comment

• Originally posted by golightning77 View Post
        Or since there would be no mileage restriction,,, the top 4 pairwise teams might be more fair then who got the bye ,,, kidding , I agree there will be no champion this year
        I just went to NCAA.COM and the site still say contests will be played with only limited family members.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
          I just went to NCAA.COM and the site still say contests will be played with only limited family members.
          For now. With the NBA and likely NHL canceling their seasons I would be surprised if the NCAA plays these games.
          #OneKnight

Comment

• Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
            For now. With the NBA and likely NHL canceling their seasons I would be surprised if the NCAA plays these games.
            Hoops tournaments are dropping 1 by 1. I suspect there will be no further hockey games this season.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
              Suspension...not cancellation...so far
              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Adrian/Hobart game will go forward Sat night with a strict 4 family member only policy to get. Your name would be on a list and you would need ID to enter. It’s not awesome but it is a game.... Now if the NCAA decides to jump in and cancel the tourney there isn’t anything to be done.

Comment

• Originally posted by golightning77 View Post
                  Adrian/Hobart game will go forward Sat night with a strict 4 family member only policy to get. Your name would be on a list and you would need ID to enter. It’s not awesome but it is a game.... Now if the NCAA decides to jump in and cancel the tourney there isn’t anything to be done.
                  I am thinking no. Things have escalated in the last hour. Expect a suspension any minute now

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                    I am thinking no. Things have escalated in the last hour. Expect a suspension any minute now
                    If it comes from above there isn’t much anyone can do,,, another thought is 1st round Sat, Quarters /Wed,,, FF Sat/Sun,,, done in a week

Comment

Sounds like the NHL is going to suspend the season but maybe try to resume at a later date. Should be an official statement soon.

Edit: It's official, season to be suspended with "hope to resume".
                      Last edited by UCfan30; 03-12-2020, 12:33 PM.
                      Utica Pioneers Hockey
                      2012-13 Frozen Four Semi-Finalist
                      2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 UCHC Regular Season Champs
                      2017-18 UCHC Tournament Champions
                      2019-20 UCHC Tournament Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                        All the D1 hockey conferences are cancelling their tournaments.

Many BB ones are too.

The NCAA will not be able to justify continuing with their playoffs under this situation.

The season is over folks.

EDIT: Joining NBA, is MLS, NHL, and MLB all suspending their seasons. Again, no way the NCAA, the only ones left, can possibly continue under these optics.
                        Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 03-12-2020, 12:44 PM.
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                          All the D1 hockey conferences are cancelling their tournaments.

Many BB ones are too.

The NCAA will not be able to justify continuing with their playoffs under this situation.

The season is over folks.

EDIT: Joining NBA, is MLS, NHL, and MLB all suspending their seasons. Again, no way the NCAA, the only ones left, can possibly continue under these optics.

So does everyone get 1/12th of a National title?

Comment

Somehow this is RITs fault.

Comment

Originally posted by IceKnights20 View Post
                              So does everyone get 1/12th of a National title?
                              Fan vote?
                              5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                              2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Tournaments are canceled per NCAA
                                #OneKnight

Comment

Working...
                                X