• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
    Fan vote?
    Alll remaining NCAA tournaments have been cancelled. Winter and spring

Comment

• Re: 2020 NCAA Championship Thread

IMO anybody who wants to should put up a National Championship banner like in football
      #OneKnight

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Coughlin View Post
        Fan vote?
        My vote is to play the games ,,, These are young healthy men(boys) who are not your typical CV carrier. Most are older or have immune deficiency’s . Limit the crowd size to a few family members and the 2 weeks will be over before we know it. I feel bad for all 12 teams Seniors that have worked hard for 4 years to not get a shot at the title,,,,, even worse is the Seniors that planned on playing a few games in the Coast after they got knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
          Tournaments are canceled per NCAA
          Well, this officially stinks...... :/ can't even imagine how the teams feel, especially my team, Utica, for having such an incredible run and high hopes, only for it to end like this. Darn.
          Utica Pioneers Hockey
          2012-13 Frozen Four Semi-Finalist
          2017-18, 2018-19, 2019-20 UCHC Regular Season Champs
          2017-18 UCHC Tournament Champions
          2019-20 UCHC Tournament Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by golightning77 View Post
            My vote is to play the games ,,, These are young healthy men(boys) who are not your typical CV carrier. Most are older or have immune deficiency’s . Limit the crowd size to a few family members and the 2 weeks will be over before we know it. I feel bad for all 12 teams Seniors that have worked hard for 4 years to not get a shot at the title,,,,, even worse is the Seniors that planned on playing a few games in the Coast after they got knocked out.
            You're joking right lol
            Remy Babineaux
            remyb616@gmail.com
            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by golightning77 View Post
              You really are clueless aren't you.

Anyone can carry and transmit the virus. It doesn't matter if you don't actually get sick.

All those young men can bring it home and spread it among their elder family and elder community members.
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I guess #1 PWR is 2020 Champ

Comment

IMO anybody who wants to should put up a National Championship banner like in football
                  Yeah, but even D3 football has a playoff...
                  Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by jcase View Post
                    I guess #1 PWR is 2020 Champ
                    Dream on....
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                      You really are clueless aren't you.

Anyone can carry and transmit the virus. It doesn't matter if you don't actually get sick.

All those young men can bring it home and spread it among their elder family and elder community members.
                      You can live the way you want to brother,, I went to what turned out to be the last spring training game yesterday,,, most of them elderly ,, 10,000 of them didn’t care,,, I had a buddy , season ticket holder ,, who was very susceptible to CV and he didn’t go,he stayed home but he did say the boys should play,,, Im not saying be stupid , be vigilant ,,, So clueless ,, probably not

Comment

You can live the way you want to brother,, I went to what turned out to be the last spring training game yesterday,,, most of them elderly ,, 10,000 of them didn’t care,,, I had a buddy , season ticket holder ,, who was very susceptible to CV and he didn’t go,he stayed home but he did say the boys should play,,, Im not saying be stupid , be vigilant ,,, So clueless ,, probably not
                        Funny thing is, my aunt and uncle went to a spring training game today, also.

But, you're still clueless.
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

If you risk infection for yourself, you are unfortunately not just putting yourself at risk but others who may be infected by you. Or the people who will be infected by the people you infect. And so on. That's unfortunately what we're dealing with here.
                          #OneKnight

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                            Funny thing is, my aunt and uncle went to a spring training game today, also.

But, you're still clueless.
                            It really don’t matter cause the season is over ,,,
                            2019-2020 is in the books

Comment

If you risk infection for yourself, you are unfortunately not just putting yourself at risk but others who may be infected by you. Or the people who will be infected by the people you infect. And so on. That's unfortunately what we're dealing with here.
                              Theoretically (except that there seems to be a shortage of test kits), you could test all of the players/media personnel for the disease. If nobody involves tests positive, play all the games at a single (thoroughly scrubbed) venue and house the players on site. If a team has any people in their travel party test positive, they can't play. That would be the only way to ensure no transmission through holding the event, and even then it might not be enough.

Remember that it isn't just the players at risk - it's everyone that an infected individual comes in contact with. Many people have elderly relatives. Some of the faculty members at the schools are as old or older than I am and have potential complicating issues. It is a shame, but I'd rather be overly cautious than just play on.
                              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by golightning77 View Post
                                It really don’t matter cause the season is over ,,,
                                2019-2020 is in the books
                                Yo Adrian, maybe next year...

Comment

Working...
                                X