X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 NCAA Championship Thread

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Dream on....
    yea and their also going to give the 1987 Oswego Lakers the title they deserve..______________(insert PSUChamps comment)

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
      Theoretically (except that there seems to be a shortage of test kits), you could test all of the players/media personnel for the disease. If nobody involves tests positive, play all the games at a single (thoroughly scrubbed) venue and house the players on site. If a team has any people in their travel party test positive, they can't play. That would be the only way to ensure no transmission through holding the event, and even then it might not be enough.

Remember that it isn't just the players at risk - it's everyone that an infected individual comes in contact with. Many people have elderly relatives. Some of the faculty members at the schools are as old or older than I am and have potential complicating issues. It is a shame, but I'd rather be overly cautious than just play on.
      I can just imagine the cheating going on over that arrangement...
      Russell Jaslow
      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Can anyone share the link that specifically states that the NCAA D-III men’s ice hockey tournament has been canceled? I only see statement regarding the NCAA men’s D-I tournament. The reason I ask is because Utica College has nothing on their athletics pages that states their NCAA game has been canceled. Perhaps I’m missing it. Thanks guys!
        Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
        Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
        Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
        2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
        2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...-championships

Specifically mentions D1 basketball, but then says as well as remaining winter and spring championships. If they are cancelling their money maker they will obviously cancel the ones that make them nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneers#1 View Post
            Can anyone share the link that specifically states that the NCAA D-III men’s ice hockey tournament has been canceled? I only see statement regarding the NCAA men’s D-I tournament. The reason I ask is because Utica College has nothing on their athletics pages that states their NCAA game has been canceled. Perhaps I’m missing it. Thanks guys!
            You need to get past the denial phase of your grief.

"She's dead, Jim."

"This is a dead parrot."
            Russell Jaslow

Comment

"She's dead, Jim."

"This is a dead parrot."
              Well, I was just trying to find the story that stated that the D-III men's tournament was cancelled because everything was "D-I" and it really didn't specify the D-III tournament that everyone was so quick to say was cancelled when the stories on the NCAA website had "D-I tournaments canceled" plastered everywhere as a headline because they as usual forget that there is a D-III tournament as well. The articles didn't seem specific enough. Additionally, on the Utica College athletics page even at the bottom in fine print still speaks about hosting the game as planned but without fans. Literally right now at the time of this posting if you look and scroll to the bottom of the Utica College athletics page, it says the game will be played without fans and nothing about it completely being canceled so I was confused.

This is completely ridiculous that the games will not be played at all. I'm a firm believer that the games should be played at the very least without fans. To cancel completely is yet another one of the countless examples out there right now of gross over-panic and highly exaggerated people taking precautions for something that will not effect most and is NOT deadly for those that are not very young, with pre-existing medical conditions or elderly. If you fit a category that it would effect you more than others, then stay home? It's like the domino effect. One person does it and its like "Monkey see, monkey do...lets play sheep and just do what everyone else does."
              Last edited by Pioneers#1; 03-13-2020, 06:48 AM.
              Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
              Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
              Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
              2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
              2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

Well, I was just trying to find the story that stated that the D-III men's tournament was cancelled because everything was "D-I" and it really didn't specify the D-III tournament that everyone was so quick to say was cancelled when the stories on the NCAA website had "D-I tournaments canceled" plastered everywhere as a headline because they as usual forget that there is a D-III tournament as well. The articles didn't seem specific enough. Additionally, on the Utica College athletics page even at the bottom in fine print still speaks about hosting the game as planned but without fans. Literally right now at the time of this posting if you look and scroll to the bottom of the Utica College athletics page, it says the game will be played without fans and nothing about it completely being canceled so I was confused.

This is completely ridiculous that the games will not be played at all. I'm a firm believer that the games should be played at the very least without fans. To cancel completely is yet another one of the countless examples out there right now of gross over-panic and highly exaggerated people taking precautions for something that will not effect most and is NOT deadly for those that are not very young, with pre-existing medical conditions or elderly. If you fit a category that it would effect you more than others, then stay home? It's like the domino effect. One person does it and its like "Monkey see, monkey do...lets play sheep and just do what everyone else does."
                The communications say winter and spring NCAA tournaments cancelled. Not sure how much clearer it can get.

Geneseo's athletics and hockey twitter accounts have confirmed the tournament is cancelled.
                https://***********/GeneseoHockey

Regarding the virus: the issue isn't that its deadly for most people, it's that it's extremely dangerous for certain at risk groups AND extremely contagious. A significant percentage of people who contract it will require hospitalization. Just take a look at what is happening in Italy to see what can happen if enough people contract it at once. Their healthcare system does not have enough capacity to deal with the number of people who need care. They are basically practicing war time triage over there. I am as upset as anybody that this is happening but I understand why it has to happen.
                #OneKnight

Comment

The NCAA release, if you actually read it, was very clear. It left no doubt what it included, which was everything.
                  Russell Jaslow

Comment

You do realize 200 people a day are dying in Italy and they have run out of ventilators to even be able to treat people. Which means you basically die in some hospital hallway.

You do realize that satellite images seem to show Iran digging trenches for mass burials.

But yeah, we're just overreacting...
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

"She's dead, Jim."

"This is a dead parrot."
                      ”I’m not dead... I’m just resting”
                      Steve
                      Penn State Class of '95
                      Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

The NCAA release, if you actually read it, was very clear. It left no doubt what it included, which was everything.
                        You’re getting salty in your old age.... everything OK, Russell?
                        Steve
                        Penn State Class of '95
                        Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

You do realize 200 people a day are dying in Italy and they have run out of ventilators to even be able to treat people. Which means you basically die in some hospital hallway.

You do realize that satellite images seem to show Iran digging trenches for mass burials.

But yeah, we're just overreacting...
                          But yet we don't live in Italy, nor Iran. Our medical system is better. Hmmmmmmm Just saying.......
                          The Titanic only had one Captain..........
                          "You're holding your mouth wrong." Jim Cole
                          "Don't take any wooden nickels." Ray Rouse
                          9 Time World Champion Boston Red Sox ('03,'12,'15,'16,'18,2004, '07, '13, '18)

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                            The communications say winter and spring NCAA tournaments cancelled. Not sure how much clearer it can get.

Geneseo's athletics and hockey twitter accounts have confirmed the tournament is cancelled.
                            https://***********/GeneseoHockey

Regarding the virus: the issue isn't that its deadly for most people, it's that it's extremely dangerous for certain at risk groups AND extremely contagious. A significant percentage of people who contract it will require hospitalization. Just take a look at what is happening in Italy to see what can happen if enough people contract it at once. Their healthcare system does not have enough capacity to deal with the number of people who need care. They are basically practicing war time triage over there. I am as upset as anybody that this is happening but I understand why it has to happen.
                            Again we don't live in Italy.
                            The Titanic only had one Captain..........
                            "You're holding your mouth wrong." Jim Cole
                            "Don't take any wooden nickels." Ray Rouse
                            9 Time World Champion Boston Red Sox ('03,'12,'15,'16,'18,2004, '07, '13, '18)

Comment

Originally posted by sacole13 View Post
                              But yet we don't live in Italy, nor Iran. Our medical system is better. Hmmmmmmm Just saying.......
                              Are you kidding me? Our medical infrastructure is crap.

We can't even test people, while South Korea is testing people at a rate of 10,000 (maybe 20,000) people a day.

Our hospitals flat out don't have the capacity to handle a huge influx of critical need patients. We don't have the ICU beds nor the ventilators in those numbers. Our medical infrastructure runs at a capacity of 95-97% which from a just-in-time business perspective is fantastic. But, from a critical long term medical surge, it's terrible.

And don't even get me started how this is all going to get paid for and how many people won't get tested or treated for fear of how much it's going to cost them.

My brother is working with the task force in the State of Washington. They are begging the federal government for supplies, and they are not getting enough. This is a procedural disaster in the making. Talk to any medical person working in a hospital. They all say we are not equipped to handle this.
                              Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 03-13-2020, 09:40 AM.
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
                                You’re getting salty in your old age.... everything OK, Russell?
                                I hate stupidity. Absolutely hate it.
                                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                                X