X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Covfefe-19 2020 part the second: Wash Your Hands

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Honestly is that a person? A spammer who spams one after another?
    When he is lucid he is actually a pretty knowledgeable contributor. But that is becoming rarer and rarer.

Comment

Sigh.

“ Senate Democrats are warning that President Trump’s plan to dramatically cut payroll taxes as a response to the coronavirus outbreak's hit to the economy is a “huge mistake” that will take a “wrecking ball” to Social Security, saying it is "a massive tax cut for the country’s biggest corporations" when actions should be taken instead to help workers forced to stay home as the virus spreads.”

Comment

Comment

Utah Jazz are sleeping in the locker room

Plans are being made for the Utah Jazz to stay overnight at Oklahoma City's Chesapeake Energy Arena as the team awaits permission to return home, according to ESPN's Royce Young.

The team is also exploring potentially chartering buses as a means to travel back to Utah, per ESPN.

Comment

My dad mostly works from home anyway (works for HUD), so he will probably be told to only work from home shortly. My mom works for a school district and they have been told to start bringing stuff home and prepare to most likely have to somehow work from there the rest of the year.

My company is having 2 conference calls a week now on the COVID-19. The most recent one was yesterday morning. FA's and gate agents will have gloves they can wear if they would like. More surgical masks will be added to the grab and go kits. Upping the number of wipes and hand sanitizer on A/C. Boeing and Airbus have assured us the HEPA filters are more than adequate (curious what they expected them to say). Lavs will now be considered unusable if there is no potable water. Reducing our domestic schedule for at least April.

So far the "f" word hasn't been mentioned by anyone, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little nervous.

EDIT: Oh, and the idiot manager that came in with flu-like symptoms after getting back from Milan? Tested negative for COVID-19.
            Last edited by MinnesotaNorthStar; 03-12-2020, 01:36 AM.
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Woof.

“ Federally funded tests conducted by scientists from several major institutions indicated that the novel form of coronavirus behind a worldwide outbreak can survive in the air for several hours. That finding, if accepted, would come in stark contrast to previous media reports that suggested the virus was not easily transmittable outside of direct human contact.”

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...ive-in-the-air

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Woof.

“ Federally funded tests conducted by scientists from several major institutions indicated that the novel form of coronavirus behind a worldwide outbreak can survive in the air for several hours. That finding, if accepted, would come in stark contrast to previous media reports that suggested the virus was not easily transmittable outside of direct human contact.”

Good thing it's all a hoax.

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Woof.

The infectious disease expert out of the Univ. of MN, Michael Osterholm, has been saying this the past couple days. Basically hand washing is great and keep doing it, but dont expect it to have a significant impact on transmission of Covid-19. He's been stressing that transmission is primarily through breathing, and staying out of large crowds and spaces with recirculated air is the best thing to do.

But he has also been saying this is all just the beginning, and we need to be prepared to be challenged by this for 3 to potentially 6 months or more while the virus runs itscourse.
                      Last edited by Stauber1; 03-12-2020, 02:34 AM.

Comment

My friends in Manila said that metro manila goes on lockdown starting tonight. Seems to still be rumor but pres is speaking today so I expect him to take action
                        Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 03-12-2020, 03:48 AM.

Comment

I can see an all out **** show beginning. Anyone who was on here during 9-11, this thread reminds of that thread. The near future doesn't look good and that effect will last a long time I'm afraid. I guess my question about who on here will get Covid 19 first has now changed to how many of us will get Covid 19.
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

And here comes Alex Jones

“ InfoWars founder Alex Jones promoted a toothpaste he claims federal officials have said can kill COVID-19, a novel coronavirus that has infected and killed thousands worldwide, despite recent warnings issued by government agencies who have said there are currently no vaccines or drugs approved to eliminate the virus.”

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...idRJbBIMN51-oc
                            Stuffed up ones nostrils, right?
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              I can see an all out **** show beginning. Anyone who was on here during 9-11, this thread reminds of that thread. The near future doesn't look good and that effect will last a long time I'm afraid. I guess my question about who on here will get Covid 19 first has now changed to how many of us will get Covid 19.
                              Someone on another board I watch got it- and given it's size, someone here probably already does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Every sell is a buy.

Somebody is making a fortune from this.
                                That's not how the market is valued. That is flaggy level derp, and you know it.

Comment

Working...
                                X