• Show
Clear All

Re: Covfefe-19 2020 part the second: Wash Your Hands

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    Is this person fukkin' stupid?
    He did say "manager."
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
      So we apparently had a manager come into work feeling sick...the day after he got back from Milan. Where we just stopped flying to. Because of COVID-19.

To put DX's mind at ease...they disinfected the every single desk overnight before I came in today.

Thanks.

Also, are you ****ing kidding me!?!!?
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Thanks.

He's a goddam American hero. That is a work ethic to be admired. I wish more people were like that.

Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it. Thank you.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Thanks.

dx didn't expect him to call in sick, when he wasn't sick (really sick).

good workers don't do that
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            dx didn't expect him to call in sick, when he wasn't sick (really sick).

good workers don't do that
            He was at least feeling sick. A good worker calls in.

A good worker also does NOT call in sick, just because they don't feel like working that day.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Perfect

Comment

Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Can you repeat the part of the stuff where you said all about the things?

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post

A good worker also does NOT call in sick, just because they don't feel like working that day.
                    Not always the case. Mental health days are just as important as cough and cold days.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                      Not always the case. Mental health days are just as important as cough and cold days.
                      This is 100% true.
                      Code:

Comment

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/07/u...sing-home.html

A week after a deadly coronavirus outbreak was reported inside a nursing home in the Seattle suburbs, officials from the long term care center said on Saturday that 70 staff members were out sick with symptoms resembling coronavirus and six residents were also ill.

A federal strike team of nurses and doctors arrived Saturday to support the staff at the long-term nursing home, Life Care Center of Kirkland, Wash., where officials have announced the deaths of 13 residents and a visitor who were infected with the virus. Tim Killian, a spokesman for the care center, praised the workers who continued to show up even as 70 of the nursing home’s 180 employees have developed symptoms.

“The amount of work and stress that these staff and employees and caregivers are under is tremendous,” Mr. Killian said. “They truly are heroes.”
                        Earlier on Saturday, Mr. Killian said that the center was still unable to get all of its staff members tested for coronavirus. The home had received 45 virus testing kits, Mr. Killian said, which was not enough for the 63 remaining residents and dozens of staff members.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

This is 100% true.
                          Agreed. Rarely had I taken "mental health" days in the past, but after accruing PTO without the chance to burn it the last few years, coupled with the easy project I have been on the last year and a half, I've been able to take a few days for myself this winter and it's been amazing for my mental health.

I was billable for eight days in February. Was in two different five day training classes, took a day to go to the Chicago Auto Show, and a day "just for the fu** of it."

It's been a welcomed reprieve. I'm actually looking *forward* to this upcoming construction season.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Yeesh. I have a lot of family on the east side near Kirkland.

Comment

Husband and I are/were planning to go to Toronto next weekend for Pearl Jam (the 18th); Leafs-Devils (17th); and a vacation. Unsure of what to do now. Work is advising against any international air travel (so naturally, we looked up how far it is to DRIVE to Toronto). The number of cases in Toronto is minimal (and I honestly trust Canada more than the US).
                              Feeling a little nervous... not sure what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                What the hell is a "mental health day"? Sack up, buttercup.

Comment

Working...
                                X