Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

So I guess I'm not understanding why people think they'd be able to move the event ?? Every facility has the same concern / caution about group gatherings. The TUC is owned by Albany County and I'm sure they too are discussing their busy upcoming schedule.

If anything, I'd think that Shirley would strongly consider making the team play the games at HFH without fans.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      So I guess I'm not understanding why people think they'd be able to move the event ?? Every facility has the same concern / caution about group gatherings. The TUC is owned by Albany County and I'm sure they too are discussing their busy upcoming schedule.

If anything, I'd think that Shirley would strongly consider making the team play the games at HFH without fans.
      Or they could buy a big knock hockey set from the 1950's and have the playoffs in a locker room. I think we have to start intelligence testing people who make decisions. They are now looking for, finding or proposing solutions to problems that do not exist.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
        Hate to be the bearer of bad news ... he's already committed to HAHVAHD!
        Take it over to the recruit thread, where we discuss recruits, potential recruits and of course Teddy's special "tutoring" program that H players are availed of...😜
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
          Hate to be the bearer of bad news ... he's already committed to HAHVAHD!
          Take it over to the recruit thread, where we discuss recruits, potential recruits and of course Teddy's special "tutoring" program that H players are availed of...😜

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            I think more to the point, there's little to be gained by it from RPI's perspective. Moving the game off campus to circumvent their own rules not only doesn't make a whole lot of sense, it also defeats the supposed purpose of those rules.

That's assuming the league is OK with losing their cut of the gate. Not much to keep the ECAC from moving the series to Boston to punish RPI for unilaterally eliminating spectators.
            Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              Take it over to the recruit thread, where we discuss recruits, potential recruits and of course Teddy's special "tutoring" program that H players are availed of...��
              This is a general RPI thread, so talk about anything about RPI hockey is fine (also apparently football, basketball, Shirley's latest antics, etc.). The only reason that there is separate recruit thread is because someone complained about all of the recruit game updates here.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
                That's assuming the league is OK with losing their cut of the gate. Not much to keep the ECAC from moving the series to Boston to punish RPI for unilaterally eliminating spectators.
                Good point.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I wonder if we could play outdoors on the football field.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Cancellation of all public events with 50 or more attendees, with outside participation.

It doesn’t specify whether it’s an indoor or outdoor event, so I guess the football field is out, too.

Comment

https://rpiathletics.com/news/2020/3...protocols.aspx

There it is folks.
                      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

The first NCAA event to see the effects, correct?
                          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Really glad we screwed ourselves out of home ice advantage. Overreaction is king.
                            Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                              Really glad we screwed ourselves out of home ice advantage. Overreaction is king.
                              agreed
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                                Agree. Lame.
                                Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Working...
                                X