Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Originally posted by realet View Post
    Logistical question - do they keep ice at the TU Center? The place is used for hockey but once a year.

They also have to prepare for the NCAA squeakball tournament the following Thursday, which is kind of a big deal.

I understand there's a rink up Route 7 that won't be in use.
    One thing that also needs to be considered is that, as part of the action taken, "All Rensselaer community members are asked not to attend large external events in the local area." So does that rule out the TUC and Messa? Granted it's a request and not an order, but who knows...

Comment

Originally posted by NPC19850330 View Post
      One thing that also needs to be considered is that, as part of the action taken, "All Rensselaer community members are asked not to attend large external events in the local area." So does that rule out the TUC and Messa? Granted it's a request and not an order, but who knows...
      Does this also indicate that SAJ will not be going out to dinner anywhere in the area in the near future?
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Does this also indicate that SAJ will not be going out to dinner anywhere in the area in the near future?

She is not one to mingle with "the little people."

I enjoy watching her do YMCA dance at the Field House a few weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          I doubt they sold all that many tickets. They probably would have an attendance south of 2000 total which means my original suggestion of sitting each attendee 2 seats apart might almost be possible. Give everyone coming in a free face mask and a bottle of alcohol wipe and perhaps have them stick their hands out and spray them at the entrance with a fumigator. Ridiculousness taken tot he absurd! I would hate to see what they would do if they found out that their was 4 cases of Hantavirus out at the Arizona Colorado border this year or plague bacteria found in the prairie dog population in New Mexico.
          They would probably have to close the school altogether and quarantine all students in their dorms.
          As far as your first portion of the post, remember that season ticket holders have to buy playoff tickets with their application. If they move it to the TU or heaven forbid, the Schenectady Salt Shed, it would become a first come, first served seating area. Can’t see them forcing everyone to go to the venue in advance to exchange their tickets for each night.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            Hmmmmm......
            Neutral Zone rates him as a 4.00. Until yesterday, he was at 2.25 because they conflated reports on two Ryan Healeys, the other being about a half dozen years older. He is a 2004 and thus probably graduating HS in 2022. We have three defensemen graduating then and could use him.

Edit: NZ gives his symbols for Stick-Handling, Skill Awareness/IQ, Vision/Passing, and Toughness.
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-08-2020, 07:17 AM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Logistical question - do they keep ice at the TU Center? The place is used for hockey but once a year.

They also have to prepare for the NCAA squeakball tournament the following Thursday, which is kind of a big deal.

I understand there's a rink up Route 7 that won't be in use.
              it does sound like it won't be available. I suspect that the only ice which they keep is for soft drinks.
              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-08-2020, 07:16 AM.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                it does sound like at won't be available. I suspect that the only ice which they keep is for soft drinks.
                Busy few weeks for the TU, they also host the East Regional for the NCAA hockey tournament the 28th and 29th. So they may already have ice, doesn’t mean it’s available though.

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                  I have intel that we are, in fact, bringing in a grad transfer. We'll see if it's correct.
                  That's certainly a lot better than having ours go elsewhere. Then again, the RPI women had one this year, but she was not an impact player.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
                    Busy few weeks for the TU, they also host the East Regional for the NCAA hockey tournament the 28th and 29th. So they may already have ice, doesn’t mean it’s available though.
                    I forgot about that.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

At the rate this thread has been going, we may need a Part IV.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        I doubt they sold all that many tickets.
                        They sold at least as many as they sold season tickets, plus whoever bought them since they went on sale on Monday.

When it comes to refunds, it has been my experience that RPI tends to adhere to the First Rule of Acquisition (non-nerds and older nerds, look it up) as strictly as is legally possible. So I'm willing to bet they're working on a solution.

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
                        Ah yeah, I forgot about that. So they probably do at least have ice. And they don't have any events planned for Fri-Sat-Sun, so it could be possible. I'm not sure they'd be keen on doing it, though, unless the ECAC has a favor to call in.
                        Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          To get serious, I wonder if we have a chance to get Healey's son.
                          Hate to be the bearer of bad news ... he's already committed to HAHVAHD!
                          I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                            Hate to be the bearer of bad news ... he's already committed to HAHVAHD!
                            I couldn't find this mentioned anywhere. Do you have an on-line source for this, or is it from personal knowledge?
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ah yeah, I forgot about that.
                              Good to know that someone a lot younger than I am is also getting senile.

Of course, you ran for a political office, and I think being senile is a qualification.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I wonder if the Mets are going to play baseball this season since their stadium is so close to Corona. It wouldn't be a loss.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X