Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
    I'm now hearing that the games will go on, but no fans allowed. Would eliminate the home ice fan advantage
    The good news is that there will be plenty of seats available! just no one allowed to fill them. Kind of an over reaction I think. perhaps allow people in but make them sit 3 seats apart? Maybe players on the bench have to keep arms length from each other? Nothing like a little panic to keep things exciting. i guess 2 cases of something a county away is a definition for a pandemic. Just sitting back and finding all of this amazing. LGR!!!!!!!!
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Boy am I getting old.
      You're feeling old? What should we say, we used to party with Eric's father and mother while he was playing at HFH! I remember the night he sustained that incredilbly serious injury while playing in Worcester when a skate cut across and virtually through his forearm.

Comment

It doesn't look like the open practice had a big attendance unless this was a long time before or after since Savory is clearly not on the ice..
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          The good news is that there will be plenty of seats available! just no one allowed to fill them. Kind of an over reaction I think. perhaps allow people in but make them sit 3 seats apart? Maybe players on the bench have to keep arms length from each other? Nothing like a little panic to keep things exciting. i guess 2 cases of something a county away is a definition for a pandemic. Just sitting back and finding all of this amazing. LGR!!!!!!!!
          Maybe they will have to use the women's rule about contact.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

So it’s ok to have an open practice with uh...fans but once the Governor declares a state of emergency, no fans allowed? This is getting ridiculous. I doubt they cleared out the arenas where the high school basketball and hockey games are going on.
            Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

I'm now hearing that the games will go on, but no fans allowed. Would eliminate the home ice fan advantage
              Cancellation of all public events with 50 or more attendees, with outside participation. i read this to mean that the games would not be allowed on Campus .... hence the word cancelled. They are not going to allow players and officials from outside of the community to participate on campus. The games would then have to be moved to a neutral site IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
                Cancellation of all public events with 50 or more attendees, with outside participation. i read this to mean that the games would not be allowed on Campus .... hence the word cancelled. They are not going to allow players and officials from outside of the community to participate on campus. The games would then have to be moved to a neutral site IMO.
                My post was not an opinion. It's literally what I'm hearing from people who run the HFH

Comment

My post was not an opinion. It's literally what I'm hearing from people who run the HFH
                  Wonder if the fans could tailgate outside the Field House and watch the games on a big screen if indeed they are banned from entering the Field House? I assume RPITV would be allowed to broadcast?
                  Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Boy am I getting old.

Old? I remember watching Eric play. So I’m getting old, you and DrD are now a show on the History Channel.
                    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                      Old? I remember watching Eric play. So I’m getting old, you and DrD are now a show on the History Channel.
                      In percent per year, you are aging faster than I am.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

To get serious, I wonder if we have a chance to get Healey's son.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                          Wonder if the fans could tailgate outside the Field House and watch the games on a big screen if indeed they are banned from entering the Field House? I assume RPITV would be allowed to broadcast?
                          ECAC owns these games, not RPI. Regarding RPI-TV, it'll likely be the same deal as 2016. As for the game itself, perhaps we should wait to see how things progress in the coming days before jumping to conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                            Yes on TV but you have the wrong channel. National geographic with the dinosaurs perhaps!

Comment

No one was saying it was an opinion. I was only stating my interpretation of what the statement says. To me this is an over reaction. There have been no reported cases in the Troy area. It a Flu virus, yes there is a big spread but it is still a Flu virus.

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
                                No one was saying it was an opinion. I was only stating my interpretation of what the statement says. To me this is an over reaction. There have been no reported cases in the Troy area. It a Flu virus, yes there is a big spread but it is still a Flu virus.
                                2 cases in Saratoga county (without any details) does not an epidemic make to me. having been through the Swine Flu and SARS scares, this is just being turned into a panic. i suppose the media needs this for people to listen to them and social media is buzzing with so many people who know nothing but are spewing all sorts of false information. Governors declaring a state of emergency (California and NY) over this makes people forget the true emergencies and problems present in both places.

Comment

Working...
                                X