Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    Have not been watching but had been listening to some of the games at least early. i found it interesting that very few penalties are being called so far in any game.
    Yes. Only 6 penalties called in the 4 games combined. SLU now tied with Harvard at 2.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
      Yes. Only 6 penalties called in the 4 games combined. SLU now tied with Harvard at 2.
      a bit early to make anything out of all of this but I did not honestly feel all the games would be competitive. the only match up i felt was ripe for a small upset was Colgate/Brown. But it is really early and all the games have about 30 minutes to go
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

a bit early to make anything out of all of this but I did not honestly feel all the games would be competitive. the only match up i felt was ripe for a small upset was Colgate/Brown. But it is really early and all the games have about 30 minutes to go
        SLU just tied up Harvard 3-3. Biggest upset so far is Union leading Yale 2-0 after 2.

Comment

SLU just tied up Harvard 3-3. Biggest upset so far is Union leading Yale 2-0 after 2.
          Union is always one of those unpredictable teams in the playoffs. Yale is finding this out and will have a tough hill to climb perhaps. Harvard is up 4-3 on SLU and outshooting them badly but this is not an easy day for them so far.

Comment

Union is always one of those unpredictable teams in the playoffs. Yale is finding this out and will have a tough hill to climb perhaps. Harvard is up 4-3 on SLU and outshooting them badly but this is not an easy day for them so far.
            I know it's Spring Break and the whole planet seems to be panicking over Coronavirus, but there can't be more than 3 or 4 hundred at Bright. Harvard should be embarrassed.

Comment

And Harvard just scored again.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                I know it's Spring Break and the whole planet seems to be panicking over Coronavirus, but there can't be more than 3 or 4 hundred at Bright. Harvard should be embarrassed.
                it is often like that there. We often walked in on games without getting tickets in advanced and found we could get the best seats in the house at the last minute.

Comment

Originally posted by NPC19850330 View Post
                  And Harvard just scored again.
                  I never really expected an SLU win in the series and felt the best we could hope for is that they just make it a tough series and perhaps extend it to a third game or a couple over time games

Comment

Harvard 5 SLU 3 final
                    Colgate 3 Brown 0 final
                    Dartmouth 3 Princeton 3 heading to OT
                    Union 3 Yale 0 final
                    Last edited by RPI fan 4 life; 03-06-2020, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                      Make sure to take a business call around 6-8pm tomorrow night
                      I may go to the game. I have a daughter that lives 1/2 mile from the Tufts' campus. If she'll put up with her old man I'll probably head up tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                        Been watching all 4 games and attendance is pretty poor at all sites.
                        And Princeton just knocked off Dartmouth in OT. 2 upsets tonight.
                        Last edited by RPI fan 4 life; 03-06-2020, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Been watching all 4 games and attendance is pretty poor at all sites.
                          And Princeton just knocked off Dartmouth in OT. 2 upsets tonight.
                          700 @ Yale......865 @ Dartmouth.....715 @ ‘Gate..... 438 @ Harvard
                          Last edited by turk181; 03-06-2020, 09:00 PM.
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                            700 @ Yale......865 @ Dartmouth.....715 @ ‘Gate..... NO attendance listed from Cambridge
                            438 at Cambridge. Grand total: 2718. Most RPI crowds outnumber that. Yes, I know it’s spring break and fears from corona virus, but...

Comment

I will not post the tweet, just the link, not to embarrass the person who should know, but even if SLU manages to defeat Harvard, we don't play them https://twitter.com/BockPhoto/status...85688543727617
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

438 at Cambridge. Grand total: 2718. Most RPI crowds outnumber that. Yes, I know it’s spring break and fears from corona virus, but...
                                I suspect we will break 1000, but certainly not a large crowd.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X