Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

I guess that it is time to start the Off Season thread.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by ralph baer View Post
      trophies for everyone !!!!!!!! :d
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Done deal. https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...ournaments.php
        Originally posted by moe24
        Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

Off-season thread https://fanforum.uscho.com/showthrea...ason-Cancelled.

I am assuming that we won't play in the NCAA tourney, not a big assumption for several reasons..
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Off-season thread https://fanforum.uscho.com/showthrea...ason-Cancelled.

I am assuming that we won't play in the NCAA tourney, not a big assumption for several reasons..
            Neither will anyone else, I'm sure.
            Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              I agree with all of that. i think Smith should be the leading a candidate but whether he wins or not is up in the air. Reilly is a force but in my opinion, more so on offense and not as a defensive defense man. Babichuk is really starting to look great out there but missed some time and is a long shot in his category. i must admit it feels pretty good to have so much of this team getting recognition, especially Savory, who has just been a wall. I hope he does not get too much interest though as I really would like to see him in Troy for at least another year (hopefully 2).
              Agree on DS but I think Fat Mike might get it. I don’t subscribe to, “well, he has a loaded roster her should win”. Hear that in all sports. UW has (had) 3 1st rounders & a Fr. who could go late 1st rd. this year & they lose 20 games. I think though that Savory has a real shot at GOY. I’m thinking Savory/Marotte/Galadja will be the finalists. Abruzzes should walk away with ROY.
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                No fans so they don't need a big building. Maybe they should just move it to Frear Park.
                Good idea. It’s so freakin cold in there no virus could survive.
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by NPC19850330 View Post
                  I don't see Savory leaving. The last goalie I recall leaving after sophomore year is Keith Kinkaid, who after a few years splitting shifts in the NHL is now on a two-way. Setting rivalries aside, is Savory as good as him? Or is he closer to the level of someone like Kyle Hayton, who bopped around the ECHL after summer-school-grad transferring and hasn't seen ice time (if he's even in uniform) this year? Let's also think about the last two goalies we've had to make some noise pro: York and Kasdorf. What sort of comparisons could you make there?

Savory will likely stay at least one more year. I would re-evaluate after that.
                  This is smart. Savory reminded me of Hayton. I agree abt wanting Goalies to bake but I think Savory leaving is 50/50. If you're a GM why wait to see if someone else signs him. If your organization has a shallow depth chart at Goalie, he's one of a few in NCAA the pros would be looking at.
                  "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                    Only one ivy has cancelled. You guys really need to stop jumping the gun before anything is announced. You really think Cornell is going to cancel their season with the #1 team in the country for both men's and women's? I doubt it
                    No apology needed by me on this one. I'm here for the fans.
                    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                      Yeah, no.

Even without fans it's an embarrassing rink.
                      Well that and the fact that Frear Park hasn't had ice in at least two years... thanks to the "leadership" in Troy that ran the facility into the ground. I don't believe there is even a timetable to replace the sheet. Last I heard they were holding flea markets inside.....really.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        Well that and the fact that Frear Park hasn't had ice in at least two years... thanks to the "leadership" in Troy that ran the facility into the ground. I don't believe there is even a timetable to replace the sheet. Last I heard they were holding flea markets inside.....really.
                        So if they played there with fans you'd be risking Coronavirus and the plague?

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          You’re thinking of the Knickerbacker arena. Frear is very much in operation.

Comment

Working...
                          X