Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jericho View Post
    Yeah, no.

Even without fans it's an embarrassing rink.
    Note to self: Sarcasm without verbal cues requires emojis.

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Of the three finalists whom we have for ECAC awards, Reilly, Smith, and Babichuk, the only one whom I expected was Smith.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Of the three finalists whom we have for ECAC awards, Reilly, Smith, and Babichuk, the only one whom I expected was Smith.
        I agree with all of that. i think Smith should be the leading a candidate but whether he wins or not is up in the air. Reilly is a force but in my opinion, more so on offense and not as a defensive defense man. Babichuk is really starting to look great out there but missed some time and is a long shot in his category. i must admit it feels pretty good to have so much of this team getting recognition, especially Savory, who has just been a wall. I hope he does not get too much interest though as I really would like to see him in Troy for at least another year (hopefully 2).
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          I agree with all of that. i think Smith should be the leading a candidate but whether he wins or not is up in the air. Reilly is a force but in my opinion, more so on offense and not as a defensive defense man. Babichuk is really starting to look great out there but missed some time and is a long shot in his category. i must admit it feels pretty good to have so much of this team getting recognition, especially Savory, who has just been a wall. I hope he does not get too much interest though as I really would like to see him in Troy for at least another year (hopefully 2).
          I don't see Savory leaving. The last goalie I recall leaving after sophomore year is Keith Kinkaid, who after a few years splitting shifts in the NHL is now on a two-way. Setting rivalries aside, is Savory as good as him? Or is he closer to the level of someone like Kyle Hayton, who bopped around the ECHL after summer-school-grad transferring and hasn't seen ice time (if he's even in uniform) this year? Let's also think about the last two goalies we've had to make some noise pro: York and Kasdorf. What sort of comparisons could you make there?

Savory will likely stay at least one more year. I would re-evaluate after that.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            I forgot Savory.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by NPC19850330 View Post
              I don't see Savory leaving. The last goalie I recall leaving after sophomore year is Keith Kinkaid, who after a few years splitting shifts in the NHL is now on a two-way. Setting rivalries aside, is Savory as good as him? Or is he closer to the level of someone like Kyle Hayton, who bopped around the ECHL after summer-school-grad transferring and hasn't seen ice time (if he's even in uniform) this year? Let's also think about the last two goalies we've had to make some noise pro: York and Kasdorf. What sort of comparisons could you make there?

Savory will likely stay at least one more year. I would re-evaluate after that.
              I agree that he will stay another year, but the fact we do have another goalie coming in (Brett Miller) makes me wonder if he already said he is leaving. (Miller must come in the fall because he is a '99.) I don't think that Calvaruso is leaving because he already used his redshirt year. Marshall could be leaving.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I agree that he will stay another year, but the fact we do have another goalie coming in (Brett Miller) makes me wonder if he already said he is leaving. (Miller must come in the fall because he is a '99.) I don't think that Calvaruso is leaving because he already used his redshirt year. Marshall could be leaving.
                I see this just as you do. Having a fourth goalie coming in made me think that someone might be on the fence about leaving. i also think that OS has not been seriously thinking about leaving but one never knows what sort of offers are out there.

Comment

I forgot Savory.
                  That concerns me. You never forget anything!! Have you checked in the refrigerator for your house keys? Are you wearing two different color socks?

Comment

I think Marshall will leave...based only on my gut. If he has any desire to play hockey, it makes no sense for him to stay in Troy.
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Colgate is now at RPI, no fans.
                      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Albany County DOH reporting two confirmed cases in Albany, a UAlbany student and a 30 yr old woman.
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          Albany County DOH reporting two confirmed cases in Albany, a UAlbany student and a 30 yr old woman.
                          Are those the 2 that prompted RPI's actions last weekend?
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                          Northeast Regional:
                          West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                            Negative. The 2 last weekend were a 57-year-old pharmacist and 52-year-old woman in Saratoga County, ~20+ minutes north of Albany.

Comment

No. These are new cases. Last week's cases were in an adjoining county

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                                I understand the RPI decision pre-dated these new cases, and was based on reported cases in other Capital District counties.

Comment

Working...
                                X