Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
    RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part IV: "Social Distance Protocols"
    I like that.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• So next week alone, approximately 4 million people will attend NBA, NHL and NCAA sporting events and the wizards in Troy decide that this is the right thing to do. Outrageous!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        I like that.
        Or if we donā€™t make it to Part IV, it would make a good title for the offseason thread.
        Yesterday there were 5 girls high school championship games at HVCC in Troy only a few miles or so from RPI and the stands were full.

Comment

agreed
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
            Cancellation of all public events with 50 or more attendees, with outside participation.

It doesn’t specify whether it’s an indoor or outdoor event, so I guess the football field is out, too.
            They've got 5,000+ students returning from spring break on Sunday. That means every campus gathering will effectively have "outside participation." Are they going to cancel every 300 student lecture in CC308? Every class with more than 50 students? Will they be limiting capacity to the dining halls and the McNeil Room to 50 at a time?
            Last edited by rpi82; 03-08-2020, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
              I have intel that we are, in fact, bringing in a grad transfer. We'll see if it's correct.
              I'd like to order one two-way forward with size, speed and 20 goal potential. Absent that I'd gladly take a clone of either of our most recent forward transfers. We wouldn't be in our current position without either of them.

Comment

I am just posting selected tweets now.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                  They've got 5,000+ students returning from spring break on Sunday. That means every campus gathering will effectively have "outside participation." Are they going to cancel every 300 student lecture in CC308? Every class with more than 50 students? Will they be limiting capacity to the dining halls and the McNeil Room to 50 at a time?
                  My tongue-in-cheek thread title proposal aside, I can understand the frustration but I have some sympathy for colleges, which often must assume larger student safety responsibilities. RPI might be particularly sensitive to the risks due to the death of a grad student from the flu a few weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                    I'd like to order one two-way forward with size, speed and 20 goal potential....
                    Don't forget the side order of grit(s) ...😉
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
                      My tongue-in-cheek thread title proposal aside, I can understand the frustration but I have some sympathy for colleges, which often must assume larger student safety responsibilities. RPI might be particularly sensitive to the risks due to the death of a grad student from the flu a few weeks ago.
                      Just a matter of time before the ECAC and LP follows suit I'd guess.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                        Multiple universities have cancelled all of their in-person classes, switching to a 100% online model for the rest of the term. So yes, there is a very real possibility that classes get cancelled if there is a confirmed case on campus.

As for playing the games without spectators, yes it sucks immensely, but I imagine we're going to be the first among many to do this in the coming weeks, so don't get to jumpy to blame this on the RPI admin. There have even been suggestions that the Sharks play their upcoming home games in an empty arena.
                        RPI Pep Band
                        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click ā€“ Champion
                        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click ā€“ Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings ā€“ Last Place

Comment

• Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                          The RPI kids I know say there is a possibility that the balance of the semester will be 100% online. As Lugnut correctly said, this is a VERY fluid situation and Discussions are ongoing ...in Troy and all over. The two Corona cases in Saratoga compelled the hockey decision, so I'm told.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                            Multiple universities have cancelled all of their in-person classes, switching to a 100% online model for the rest of the term. So yes, there is a very real possibility that classes get cancelled if there is a confirmed case on campus.

As for playing the games without spectators, yes it sucks immensely, but I imagine we're going to be the first among many to do this in the coming weeks, so don't get to jumpy to blame this on the RPI admin. There have even been suggestions that the Sharks play their upcoming home games in an empty arena.
                            Good points. RPI is not the first, and won't be the last to take these steps, and many things beyond college sports are being impacted.

Comment

Hysteria ... and Iā€™m not talking about a Def Leppard tune.
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

The article on the "Social Distance" decision mentions that the series will be carried by ESPN, with audio by WRPI and RPITV. Does this mean we will not get video on RPITV?

Comment

Working...
                                X