Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Originally posted by hab View Post
    The article on the "Social Distance" decision mentions that the series will be carried by ESPN, with audio by WRPI and RPITV. Does this mean we will not get video on RPITV?
    I am think that RPITV was not going to broadcast in any situation because the league runs the playoffs.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Ridiculousness taken tot he absurd! I would hate to see what they would do if they found out that their was 4 cases of Hantavirus out at the Arizona Colorado border this year or plague bacteria found in the prairie dog population in New Mexico.
      That needed repeating.

(Remember: I’m a North Dakota guy but my masters is from RPI.)
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I knew that this was the case yesterday (as I posted on here). Was just waiting for it to be made official. Harvard gains an unfair advantage from this; they're used to playing with no fans present.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
            I knew that this was the case yesterday (as I posted on here). Was just waiting for it to be made official. Harvard gains an unfair advantage from this; they're used to playing with no fans present.
            Mic drop.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

So, this latest gonna kill us all malady, how is it?

Ask someone with it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...outputType=amp

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                As for playing the games without spectators, yes it sucks immensely, but I imagine we're going to be the first among many to do this in the coming weeks, so don't get to jumpy to blame this on the RPI admin. There have even been suggestions that the Sharks play their upcoming home games in an empty arena.
                Yeah, but being the RL equivalent of the lamewad in a forum posting "FIRST!!!!1" isn't how we need to approach this. It's Sunday. The game is on Friday. There are two (2) ((T-W-O)) "local" cases. The school is on break anyway.

Wait a few days and see how things develop. People who need refunds are going to get their refunds no matter when you do it.
                Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                  We did win the away game...

Comment

Originally posted by NPC19850330 View Post
                    We did win the away game...
                    with a large contingent of RPI fans
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                      The RPI kids I know say there is a possibility that the balance of the semester will be 100% online. As Lugnut correctly said, this is a VERY fluid situation and Discussions are ongoing ...in Troy and all over. The two Corona cases in Saratoga compelled the hockey decision, so I'm told.
                      Can someone explain to me how an on-line chemistry or physics lab works? I've been a promoter of the value of being educated by a person in eye to eye contact and by hands-on use of technical tools. However, if many schools make such a switch and it's found to be as effective it will accelerate their own demise as it will tell a generation of students and their future employers that there is even less incremental value to traditional education techniques than previously thought. Perhaps this new breed of coronavirus is the product of a secret lab funded by on-line universities........

Comment

• Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                        This was known to all yesterday once they made the announcement of the Pandemic protocol. As for the RPITV broadcast that was also part of it. Luckily ESPN worked with them to broadcast the games otherwise it would be a complete blackout.

Comment

Originally posted by Noresmen View Post
                          This was known to all yesterday once they made the announcement of the Pandemic protocol. As for the RPITV broadcast that was also part of it. Luckily ESPN worked with them to broadcast the games otherwise it would be a complete blackout.
                          So you can confirm that it will be RPITV's broadcast on ESPN+? If so, I'm glad that is the case

Comment

This generation is used to self-developed content. RPI should set up a site so that fans that are watching the game can submit support videos to play on the scoreboard during breaks in the action. If we can't cheer on Owen Savory in person perhaps a freshman (do they still torture the RAs in the freshman dorms by playing hallway hockey with tennis balls like we did?) could submit a video mimicking his casual technique while his dorm mates cheer him on. How about a "Go red" "Go white" cheer by opposing dorms across one of the residential quads? A video from the band with the fight song as they take the ice or celebrate a goal would be appropriate. Other varsity teams could make their own support videos. The possibilities are endless. If we can't have real fans, then import virtual fans that let the boys know the school, alums and community are with them.
                            Last edited by rpi82; 03-08-2020, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                              So you can confirm that it will be RPITV's broadcast on ESPN+? If so, I'm glad that is the case
                              Somehow I doubt it will be. Unless ESPN has agreed to compensate RPI-TV for their services. Because we know from 2016 that the league won't.

Comment

• Originally posted by realet View Post
                                Yeah, but being the RL equivalent of the lamewad in a forum posting "FIRST!!!!1" isn't how we need to approach this. It's Sunday. The game is on Friday. There are two (2) ((T-W-O)) "local" cases. The school is on break anyway.

Wait a few days and see how things develop. People who need refunds are going to get their refunds no matter when you do it.
                                Exactly!!! This makes too much sense. Maybe you should get into politics some day?

Comment

Working...
                                X