Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
    Don't know, but I thought that was a soft call to disallow Union's goal. When the goaltender doesn't protest, it's probably not interference.
    I agree.

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Who really cares? If you want to talk about the call (or non-call), go to the Union thread.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
        Don't know, but I thought that was a soft call to disallow Union's goal. When the goaltender doesn't protest, it's probably not interference.
        I thought the goal should have stood up as well. The Union forward was clearly interfered with by the Yale defenseman coming through the slot and even then barely clipped the goalie on the way by. I wouldn't call it a particularly extreme case of interference but before you take a score off the board for relatively minor contact with the goalie they should also take into account the fact that the defenseman left really no other path to the on-rushing forward.

I also wondered about the gesture by one of the Yale backup goalies toward the Union bench. It didn't seem like a very classy gesture.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
          Yea just saw the replay. Tough call against Union.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
            Who really cares? If you want to talk about the call (or non-call), go to the Union thread.
            Took a look and they're not much activity on their thread tonight. Or any other night.

Comment

The news got picked up here:
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Interesting
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by vicious View Post
                  While the league did not make the decision, they endorsed it. They said they "understand and respect" the decision. My point is, if they think it's a good idea, then require the other quarterfinal host schools to do it.
                  I totally disagree with that. If the rolls were reversed, and Cornell decided not to have fans at the game, would you want RPI to follow suit just because of a decision that Cornell made. I think not.
                  Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                  Benjamin Franklin
                  The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                  Gary Player

Comment

i'm sorry but this is a said state of events. If the Federal government was so concerned about the spread of this Flu like virus they would declare this as a National State of Emergency on a Federal level. Even the Cuomo said that the public is panicking and he declared the State of Emergency just to get Federal funds. The presidential candidates should stop holding their rallies if they felt this was a danger to all that are attending.

Now let's think of the Student Athletes and their families. Specifically the seniors on both of these teams. For one team it will end up being the final games of their collegiate careers the other team will move on to play another game. If you were that Senior wouldn't you want your parents and other family members to have the ability to watch you play your last college hockey game and for some your last hockey game period. How about the RPI seniors, they've played 4 years at the Field House and these will be their last games. The played hard to get this to be a home playoff series for one more chance to play before the home crowd and now that has been taken away from them. Why? Because someone decided that the policy should be a reported case within 25 miles of RPI. We are not even talking about a confirmed case, its reported.

This is all very sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Interesting
                      Anyone care to wager as to whether the other 3 home series will be played in front of fans this weekend ?
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                        Yea just saw the replay. Tough call against Union.
                        Agreed. Hose job.
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          Anyone care to wager as to whether the other 3 home series will be played in front of fans this weekend ?
                          Cornell banning large group events....wait for it........ EXCEPT for athletic events ...with the reasoning that "attendance is largely Cornell-based"....

https://www.ithacajournal.com/story/...ey/4973674002/

Comment

Cornell banning large group events....wait for it........ EXCEPT for athletic events ...with the reasoning that "attendance is largely Cornell-based"....

https://www.ithacajournal.com/story/...ey/4973674002/
                            CCT appears ready to host the series with fans....
                            https://clarksonathletics.com/news/2...s-weekend.aspx

Comment

CCT appears ready to host the series with fans....
                              https://clarksonathletics.com/news/2...s-weekend.aspx
                              And Qpac...

https://***********/QU_MIH/status/12...871424/photo/1

Comment

And not a single one of these surprises me at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X