Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
    Everyone already knows that RPI didn't cancel anything
    Everyone except Harvard
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
      Everyone except Harvard
      True

Comment

It should also be noted that Essex County NY has now declared a state of emergency (for you out-of-staters, Lake Placid is in Essex Co.) It's all setting up for Cornell to be declared undisputed champions of the universe...
        This is an even bigger over-reaction than RPI's.

Nothing has happened in Essex County (for nearly a quarter-century).
        Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
          I think that's because forfeit would imply that RPI automatically wins. I do think they should have posted something that showed that this was a unilateral decision by them, not an agreed upon thing, but I'm sure the language was settled on between them and the league.
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            Harvard will not be playing its Best-of-3 ECAC Quarterfinal series this weekend at Rensselaer, CHN has learned.

The school's administration has barred its athletic teams from competing, part of a series of precautionary measures being taken to prevent coming in contact with coronavirus, and preventing its spread.

As a result, Harvard will forfeit its series with RPI. https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ne...d-Forfeits.php
            Not like this.
            Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

USCHO article

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

So someone will have to explain to me how deciding to not send your team to play hockey in an empty rink ISN'T a forfeit ?? I understand the reason for thrir decision, but why do they get to define the outcome too? Crazy
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

So someone will have to explain to me how deciding to not send your team to play hockey in an empty rink ISN'T a forfeit ?? I understand the reason for thrir decision, but why do they get to define the outcome too? Crazy
                  Because they are Harvard.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Because they are Harvard.
                    Exactly

Comment

You have to admit that it would be a bit odd for us to get the free pass to Lake Placid (or wherever) just because we got lucky and our opponent dropped out. The league has a few days to move travel arrangements, so it makes sense that Cornell should get the bye based on their play. Obviously if the news had dropped Friday (or even tomorrow), things are probably different, but they do have time and it makes sense for them to use it.
                      RPI Pep Band
                      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Does that mean that I don't automatically award two wins in the thread-starting stats to EHF?
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                          You have to admit that it would be a bit odd for us to get the free pass to Lake Placid (or wherever) just because we got lucky and our opponent dropped out. The league has a few days to move travel arrangements, so it makes sense that Cornell should get the bye based on their play. Obviously if the news had dropped Friday (or even tomorrow), things are probably different, but they do have time and it makes sense for them to use it.
                          Could you run a set of simulations based upon Cornell getting the bye?
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Where is DrD while this is all going on?
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I am confused. Is our season now over also? i will have very little to occupy my time now. Will there be a baseball season? Will the earth still rotate on it's axis? We will still revolve around the sun? Do we stay on daylight savings time? So much to think about.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X