Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    From the CHN article which turk linked: "They could go on as scheduled, or the teams could re-seed, with top-seeded Cornell earning an automatic trip to Lake Placid." So we could end up playing Yale.
    Seems like this is the most likely outcome, but the Ivy League just cancelled all spring sports and left it up to school discretion as to what the winter sports in postseason do, so it's possible that one or more of Cornell, Yale, and Princeton also forfeit.

There's a conference call at 4 pm EDT to work this out.
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

From the CHN article which turk linked: "They could go on as scheduled, or the teams could re-seed, with top-seeded Cornell earning an automatic trip to Lake Placid." So we could end up playing Yale.
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

there are several nutty things going on here. Wow.
        Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
          So Clarkson plays Colgate and QU plays us?
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
              Rest assured that whatever they decide, we'll get screwed....
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

So Clarkson plays Colgate and QU plays us?
                At this stage, I'm not sure the ECAC Tournament continues. If all the ivies pull out, which seems likely, the tournament should be done.

Comment

the tweet from Harvard's hockey twitter says the "series has been cancelled" not a forfeit....
                  Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                    the tweet from Harvard's hockey twitter says the "series has been cancelled" not a forfeit....
                    I think that's because forfeit would imply that RPI automatically wins. I do think they should have posted something that showed that this was a unilateral decision by them, not an agreed upon thing, but I'm sure the language was settled on between them and the league.
                    RPI Pep Band
                    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                      Seems like this is the most likely outcome, but the Ivy League just cancelled all spring sports and left it up to school discretion as to what the winter sports in postseason do, so it's possible that one or more of Cornell, Yale, and Princeton also forfeit.

There's a conference call at 4 pm EDT to work this out.
                      It should also be noted that Essex County NY has now declared a state of emergency (for you out-of-staters, Lake Placid is in Essex Co.) It's all setting up for Cornell to be declared undisputed champions of the universe...
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                          I think that's because forfeit would imply that RPI automatically wins. I do think they should have posted something that showed that this was a unilateral decision by them, not an agreed upon thing, but I'm sure the language was settled on between them and the league.
                          In which case, then RPI/Smitty/Puckman/someone needs to send the message: " We didn't cancel s---t.... they bailed out..."

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            It should also be noted that Essex County NY has now declared a state of emergency (for you out-of-staters, Lake Placid is in Essex Co.) It's all setting up for Cornell to be declared undisputed champions of the universe...
                            It's possible that it goes without spectators or is relocated to a campus site (presumably in Ithaca) or other neutral option (e.g., the TUC).
                            RPI Pep Band
                            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

In which case, then RPI/Smitty/Puckman/someone needs to send the message: " We didn't cancel s---t.... they bailed out..."
                              I suspect that something will come out of the ECAC conference call.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Everyone already knows that RPI didn't cancel anything

Comment

Working...
                                X