Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Got an email from the Field House today about refunds for season ticket holders. Nothing out of the ordinary until I read where there is a discussion of fans meeting at The Recovery Room to watch the games....Can’t gather on campus but down the street is ok? Haha love it.
    Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

• Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
      Got an email from the Field House today about refunds for season ticket holders. Nothing out of the ordinary until I read where there is a discussion of fans meeting at The Recovery Room to watch the games....Can’t gather on campus but down the street is ok? Haha love it.
      Is ESPN+ the only way to watch the games? Or can it be seen streamed on RPITV?

Comment

Originally posted by 25+years View Post
        Is ESPN+ the only way to watch the games? Or can it be seen streamed on RPITV?
        No RPITV online broadcast
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
          Does Seth have U17 or U18 next season?
          I think the 18U, since he started with 17U and alternates.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            I think the 18U, since he started with 17U and alternates.
            SA is coaching the 18U this season so he will be coaching the 17U next year

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
              You better hope the Recovery Room doesn't have to live up to its name.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                As long as it isn't Harvard.

Of course since Cornell is playing Princeton, it's a good bet.
                Well, it's us. It's hard on us as well because of what we're dealing with here in MA. A state of emergency and more cases of Covid19 showing up every day. Students not being able to return to campus after Spring Break. Hockey is the last thing on everyone's mind these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                  Buddy of mine spent 15 mins on the phone with Rec. Rm. today. They were unaware or unprepared of the "event" and couldn't field the inquiry. He gave up. Welcome to RPI ...ha
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                    Buddy of mine spent 15 mins on the phone with Rec. Rm. today. They were unaware or unprepared of the "event" and couldn't field the inquiry. He gave up. Welcome to RPI ...ha
                    The line from the e-mail was "There is some discussion about people gathering at the Recovery Room inside the Troy Hilton Garden Inn."

I feel bad for the Field House staff that are on the front lines of having to deal with fan frustrations over this weekend, and who didn't realize the downside of sticking that line in there.

Comment

The article with quotes from the team mentioned the players' families watching from the Recovery Room, and I think the HFH mistakenly assumed that meant there would be an organized watch party.
                      RPI Pep Band
                      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Tito's Vodka has come out with a statement that contrary to some postings on the internet, their product does not make a good hand sanitizer! And i thought I was all set here!! I wonder if you mix in a little lime juice if it would not work better?
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

It's very disappointing as a parent not to be allowed to attend this weekends games. Especially since Joe Boyle, a reporter for the Times Union, tweets that he will be at the games. Why is he more important then the parents of the Senior hockey players who aren't being allowed to attend. It's these parent whose sons will be playing their last games in the Field House and if they are not successful the last games of their collegiate careers and for a number of them the last games of their hockey careers. For some like myself we still will have time for a few more games. Pretty insensitive of this reporter to state and the school for that matter not to allow family members to attend. Cornell, who is following a similar social distancing protocol is allowing 3 guests for each player. RPI should be doing the same thing. Pretty easy to manage IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI22Parent View Post
                              It's very disappointing as a parent not to be allowed to attend this weekends games. Especially since Joe Boyle, a reporter for the Times Union, tweets that he will be at the games. Why is he more important then the parents of the Senior hockey players who aren't being allowed to attend. It's these parent whose sons will be playing their last games in the Field House and if they are not successful the last games of their collegiate careers and for a number of them the last games of their hockey careers. For some like myself we still will have time for a few more games. Pretty insensitive of this reporter to state and the school for that matter not to allow family members to attend. Cornell, who is following a similar social distancing protocol is allowing 3 guests for each player. RPI should be doing the same thing. Pretty easy to manage IMO.
                              I feel your pain. Perhaps you should take this Cornell idea up with the coach or with Lee McElroy, the AD.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X