Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Originally posted by johnk View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? Are you staying in your home? Are all other public gatherings or any for that matter being shut down in our area? Were there high school bb games in Glens Falls last night with fans allowed? Not sure what that has to do with refusing a vaccine.
    I appreciate your passion John. I believe in attend at your own risk too but... something tells me the virus is much more widely spread than we are learning of officially. Northern Italy is at a standstill. NY might not be that far behind.

It's not the students they are protecting here. It is the professors and the elderly. It stinks but it might be the best policy.

Comment

• [QUOTE=johnk;6918543]What the hell are you talking about? Are you staying in your home? Are all other public gatherings or any for that matter being shut down in our area? Were there high school bb games in Glens Falls last night with fans allowed? Not sure what that has to do with refusing a vaccine.[/QUOTE}

I apologize for the implication. Take a look at the situation in Italy. Not doing things like what RPI is doing could result in a similar outcome. It may seem like overreaction to what seems like a controlled situation. But the whole idea is to keep things here from becoming what happened in China or Italy. Let’s all remember this is a unique situation (it could happen again unfortunately) but in the bigger scheme of things, doing things like RPI is doing is a small price to pay. The other sports should be doing what RPI is doing. Do we want to take the chance that could result in someone who isn’t even a hockey fan getting exposed, sick, or possibly dying?

Comment

25 and JM. I get it but I don't see the rest of the country or state seeing it this way. SARS, Swine Flu, bad strains of seasonal flu and others have been extremely serious in our past. Social media and the insane hunger of attention from mainstream media have us all on edge. Where do we draw the line on what we can and cannot attend? IMO the games should be open to the public and if you don't want to go, don't go. No different than attending a shopping mall, restaurant, or any other public gatherings. Siena had 7,000 people at their game last week and?????? I will respectfully disagree on stopping the world due to a flu strain.

Comment

Shot #52 on goal ends it for Yale over Union 2-1
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Union lost 2-1 in 2OT after having their own game winning goal overturned on the ice and then upheld on a very long review.

Comment

What was with some of the Yale players gesturing to the Union bench after the review? Is this that much of a rivalry?
              Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

So now next week’s matchups are:

Princeton at Cornell
                Colgate at Clarkson
                Yale at Quinnipiac
                Harvard at RPI

With a “state of emergency” called by the governor of NYS, does that mean that Cornell and Clarkson are going to follow RPI’s lead??

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                  So now next week’s matchups are:

Princeton at Cornell
                  Colgate at Clarkson
                  Yale at Quinnipiac
                  Harvard at RPI

With a “state of emergency” called by the governor of NYS, does that mean that Cornell and Clarkson are going to follow RPI’s lead??
                  If the league thinks empty Field House is such a great idea, they should mandate that Cornell, Clarkson, and Quinnipiac all do the same. If it's about slowing the spread, let's be serious about it. And it would neutralize the loss of fan advantage for all quarterfinal hosts. Seems fair to me.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    It would be a larger crowd if everyone stopped at Bella Napoli before the game.
                    While the crowd is iced out, we can still go to Bella Napoli. River Street, Troy. Not Latham, please.

I grew up in the Bella Napoli neighborhood.

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                      While the crowd is iced out, we can still go to Bella Napoli. River Street, Troy. Not Latham, please.

I grew up in the Bella Napoli neighborhood.
                      I have no will power so I was always a bit larger sitting in the HFH after a stop at the Bella Napoli on River Street on our way to the game from dinner at Verdile's.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        I have no will power so I was always a bit larger sitting in the HFH after a stop at the Bella Napoli on River Street on our way to the game from dinner at Verdile's.
                        It may be a good thing that I don't think that I ever went there when I was a student.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Yale outshot Union 52-21. Not counting the first period it was 46-13.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by vicious View Post
                            If the league thinks empty Field House is such a great idea, they should mandate that Cornell, Clarkson, and Quinnipiac all do the same. If it's about slowing the spread, let's be serious about it. And it would neutralize the loss of fan advantage for all quarterfinal hosts. Seems fair to me.
                            The league had nothing to do with it. RPI's administration decided.

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                              What was with some of the Yale players gesturing to the Union bench after the review? Is this that much of a rivalry?
                              Don't know, but I thought that was a soft call to disallow Union's goal. When the goaltender doesn't protest, it's probably not interference.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyFanClub View Post
                                The league had nothing to do with it. RPI's administration decided.
                                While the league did not make the decision, they endorsed it. They said they "understand and respect" the decision. My point is, if they think it's a good idea, then require the other quarterfinal host schools to do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X