Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020 Part III: Destination: Lake Placid (and Beyond)!!

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
    Colgate comes to Troy, per CHN.
    And the games will be played where? HFH? or not?
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

And Cornell has put out a statement confirming.
      RPI Pep Band
      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Colgate comes to Troy, per CHN.
        On the Colgate thread, too. Six teams: two byes, with four to skate for last two spots at lake Placid.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          No Harvard, No Yale, it’s Colgate and still No Fans allowed at HFH. Been a crazy day.

Comment

For Ralph, I did put up a new odds post. We're obviously more favored against Colgate than we were against Harvard.
            RPI Pep Band
            🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

ECAC Hockey Announces Changes to Quarterfinal Pairings

ECAC Hockey Announces Changes to Quarterfinal Pairings
              Posted: Mar 11, 2020
              ALBANY, N.Y. - ECAC Hockey announced today changes to its men’s quarterfinals pairings, to be held March 13-15. The changes follow decisions by two of its members, Harvard University and Yale University, to withdraw from post-season competition in light of their respective University’s decisions regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19).

The elimination of Harvard and Yale from competition results in re-seeding of the championship quarterfinals as follows:

No. 1-seed Cornell and No. 2-seed Clarkson will receive byes to the championship weekend. The remaining quarterfinal series this weekend will be played on the following campus sites:

Friday, March 13 - Sunday, March 15 (Three-Game Series)

No. 11 Princeton at No. 3 Quinnipiac: 7 pm / 7 pm / 4 pm (if necessary)

No. 8 Colgate at No. 4 RPI: 7 pm / 7 pm / 5 pm (if necessary)

The league and its member institutions are continuing to monitor the coronavirus situation. For up-to-date information on the upcoming championship, visit ecachockey.com.
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

The NBA just suspended their season. I doubt we will have an NCAA hockey tournament this year. I question whether the ECACs are really going to happen

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                  The NBA just suspended their season. I doubt we will have an NCAA hockey tournament this year. I question whether the ECACs are really going to happen
                  Yeah, we just went through a day of speculation and nonsense, but the real best option is probably to cancel/postpone/suspend everything.
                  RPI Pep Band
                  🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

Comment

• Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                    isn't spending time in Potsdam already an experiment in social distancing?
                    If you mean from the rest of NYS, true. However the 4 colleges in St. Lawrence County remain in close communication.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                      When it comes time for the offseason thread RPI Offseason: Offseason Cancelled

I like it.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                        No fans so they don't need a big building. Maybe they should just move it to Frear Park.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                          No fans so they don't need a big building. Maybe they should just move it to Frear Park.
                          Yeah, no.

Even without fans it's an embarrassing rink.
                          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post

Would make it Cornell and Clarkson bye, Quinnipiac-Princeton, RPI-Colgate
                            If I'm Union I'm a little ****ed. First they lose to Yale on a call that was 50/50 at best and then the Bulldogs pull out.......

Comment

NHL is having a conference call with the owners tomorrow. They will prob follow the lead of the NBA. No way they'll play anymore games in the ECAC IMHO
                              "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Well, that's what's happened in China, and the cases are coming down. My colleagues in China have been through hell, however, the data seems to show some semblance of it being a good idea.
                                FWIW, I received an e-mail from Starbucks saying what they are doing to prevent COVID-19 from spreading. They mentioned that over 90% of their stores in China have reopened. I don't know if they overreacted initially.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X